The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What have you got planned for 2036?

martin_wynne

• RMweb Gold

Could you imagine if science/Military discussions were like those on this forum? My neither.

But I suspect there would be arguments as to whether missile warheads should be 16.5 megatons, 18.2 or 18.83 megatons. Then some bright spark would suggest that 16.2 megatons would give just as good effect as 18.83 megatons, but allow some of the equipment from the earlier 16.5 MT missiles.

There would then be a big debate about whether older, Italian and British (Margate) made missiles had any place in the future and whether or not there were too many or too few grill slats on the SLW missile's casing.

Bachmissiles would announce the latest version of their missile for imminent release in a year or two (code named "operation DBSO") and it would eventually appear in missile silos 5 years late and over-run costs by about 900%.

There would be a big debate as to whether or not it was realistic to expect Hornfly aerospace to replace missiles that fell to pieces as a result of poor quality metals being used.

However, I think the biggest argument that would occur would be "that missile should not appear in that location, at that time, in that colour"

Missiles from China!!!!

• RMweb Premium

However, I think the biggest argument that would occur would be "that missile should not appear in that location, at that time, in that colour"

TBH, if there was an asteroid heading this way, would it matter what colour the missile was.

Rule 1 would apply. I don't care what colour it is, just launch the bl%%dy thing.

Cheers,

Mick

Oh yes of course. But most of us never get to see them for real- and if we do, probably never want to see another.

This one that I saw is certainly the largest that I have personally witnessed with my own eyes- magnitudes of brightness above anything before, but nowhere near some that I have seen on film.

I've lived in countries with wonderfully dark night skies and have seen some big ones, real flashes of high intensity multi coloured light.

That's one thing but have you ever heard one? My dad and I did once, in southern Spain in the early 80's, I'll never forget it.

Cheers,

John.

I've never heard one, no. That would have to be very low and thus very big.

I'm quite looking forward to 2036 actually. If you're times up then you might as well at least go out with a bang.

Mind you, I don't like this planet that much and probably won't be visiting it again before then.

• RMweb Gold

If Mr Trump becomes the Prez, we probably won't be worrying about 2036..........hope my Bachy Stanier Mogul arrives soon!!

Rgds..Mike

Solely with the aim of maintaining political neutrality on this page in view of the ban on political discussion, can I offer the following:

"If anyone other than Mr Trump becomes the President of USA we probably won't be worrying about 2036... hope my Hornby Gresley Pacific arrives soon!"

If Mr Trump becomes the Prez, we probably won't be worrying about 2036..........hope my Bachy Stanier Mogul arrives soon!!

Rgds..Mike

The above was tongue in cheek. I wouldn't recommend any of them to run a bath, let alone America- and by extension of their ego's, the rest of the world. Apparently.

Archived