Last 4 Days Missing on A number of threads

I notice this morning that the various threads I have been following, which are in Pre-Grouping, Railways of Wales, and Layout Topics, have lost all the posts and pages since 16 or 17 of February.  Further, they will not now load (other pages, eg. this topic, will).

Some topics are up to date, showing posts yesterday and today, so this is not a site-wide issue and may not yet have been notices.

• RMweb Gold

I notice this morning that the various threads I have been following, which are in Pre-Grouping, Railways of Wales, and Layout Topics, have lost all the posts and pages since 16 or 17 of February.  Further, they will not now load (other pages, eg. this topic, will).

Some topics are up to date, showing posts yesterday and today, so this is not a site-wide issue and may not yet have been notices.

There has been forum maintenance in the last few hours, RMweb has only just come back online.

The work is probably related to the truncated posts issue. However we now have more issues. Some topic pages repeatedly reload and never finish. This seems to be using /?view=getnewpost after searching. Some topics have lost content.

It may be work-in-progress on the database and worth waiting an hour or two to see if it cures.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

The blogs are back, with a few issues here and there (question marks appearing in odd places etc).

As you say Martin, some threads are acting a bit funny (including the main thread for this issue). But it seems things are gradually coming back: I was replying to a thread where a lot of posts had gone missing, then got a message that 50 posts had just been added  :)

• RMweb Gold

The blogs are back, with a few issues here and there (question marks appearing in odd places etc).

As you say Martin, some threads are acting a bit funny (including the main thread for this issue). But it seems things are gradually coming back: I was replying to a thread where a lot of posts had gone missing, then got a message that 50 posts had just been added  :)

It seems all special characters have been replaced with a question mark. Which is better than truncating the text, but hardly a proper conversion. But at least it means owners can go back and edit them.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

RMW wont let me scroll to the bottom of particular layout's pages i.e. those that have been updated in the last four days. Gets about one quarter of the way down then flies back to the top again. Weird. Could it be trying to load the missing days without success?

Thanks, Martin, for such a prompt reply.  I realise that the site has experienced some issues in the last couple of days.  I noted, though that not all topics appear to be affected by missing pages, so I though I ought to mention it.  The Oxford Rail topics have also been affected.  The "topic pages repeatedly reload and never finish" phenomenon seems to affect those very topics that have lost several days/pages of contributions.

Good luck with fixing it.

The issues I was experiencing with the site seem to have been resolved.  My thanks to Martin Wynne, Andy Y and anyone else who had to spend their Sunday sorting this out.

When it goes down, I realise how central RMWeb is to my enjoyment of the hobby, so thanks again Guys and keep up all the good work!

Archived