The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Paul Daniels dies

beast66606

Definitely a fixed feature of Saturday night tele at one time. A unique entertainer, helping to bring magic to the masses.

Apologies if not 100% relevant but I've always loved the wonderful put down by 'Mrs Merton', when interviewing Debbie McGee:

'So tell me Debbie - what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?'.

Certainly was magic that!

I was very sad to see he had died today. As a child he was a favourite, with his Paul Daniels magic show, and Wizbit too. I even had and enjoyed his magic set one Christmas as a child. He made learning magic very accessible. Some people found him irritating, but can't say I ever did. I believe he drove a car with the number MAG 1C on it.

Sorry to see him pass.

Sad news. He did have a bit of an unfortunate manner which irritated some, but people who met him always seem to say that he was a very nice guy. Another of those faces that seemed to have been on TV for ever.

Debbie McGee took Mrs Mertons gag very well, not a touch of irritation, and she went up in my estimation. They did seem a very happy couple.

The only time I ever met him was at one of the Johny Dankworth/Cleo Laine Christmas concerts.

We parked next to each other and had a chat as we walked across the car park.

He came across as a very open friendly chap.

I remember the car registration MAG1C.

A sad loss.

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

I once had a quick chat to him when he stayed at wife's work after appearing at a local function. A most amiable chap.

Another sad loss in the entertainment industry.

Mick

A sad loss. A regular feature of growing up seemed to be his magic shows as well as things like the two ronnies (my father usually decided what was watched in the house at weekends at such times). Entertaining though I recall.

Archived