Cheltenham Spring Show 2016

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Oi Badge

That ain't fair with me stuck here in Chelmsford. :cry: :cry: :cry:

it's alright mate, it ain't happening, we'll save it for next time you're in 'Nam

Badge

• RMweb Gold

Just back from the usual excellent friendly show - some super layouts

Only succumbed to a book and a Bachmann Blue split centre box Peak - that will become D125....

Phil

• RMweb Gold

a Bachmann Blue split centre box Peak - that will become D125....

Was that off of us by any chance Phil? ;-)

Also must agree, a very good show. The Birmingham Moor Street layout with working wagon hoist was one I especially liked! :-)

• RMweb Gold

Certainly was.....despite the best attempts of the modern cashless technological society to derail the transaction

Many thanks for that

And yes I enjoyed Moor Street too... a fleet of 116 DMUs would go a treat on there

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Indeed, I do apologise about that, don't know exactly what happened but after testing it when we got home, we think our till shorted out blowing the fuse in the card machine charger, however it was only 25% charged...so no till and a flat card machine meant I had to borrow one from a fellow trader! Oh, and we also need a new till now, that one is knackered...

• RMweb Premium

Certainly was.....despite the best attempts of the modern cashless technological society to derail the transaction

Many thanks for that

And yes I enjoyed Moor Street too... a fleet of 116 DMUs would go a treat on there

Phil

Hi Phil

It does go out as a modern layout with Derby 3 car suburban DMUs, in fact the only times I have seen it has been with the units not Pannier Tanks and the like. Cracking layout.

Anyhow, do you really need another Peak?

• RMweb Gold

Ah - it had allsorts of DMUs today - 117, 108, 104, 120, 122 ....great stuff!

Another Peak...? several probably - it was either that or Kernows for D1670....

Hee hee

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Was that off of us by any chance Phil? ;-)

Also must agree, a very good show. The Birmingham Moor Street layout with working wagon hoist was one I especially liked! :-)

Did you also notice the working traverser at the buffer stops end of the platform?

Andi

I went to the show on Sunday; highlights for me were Birmingham Moor Street and Purbeck.  The real Moor Street station is very well maintained now, retaining a lot of original Great Western features; it was fascinating to learn more about the history of the station from the operators.

Archived