MRX 2016 21 & 22 May Museum of Transport Manchester

Savoyard

• RMweb Gold

I am please to announce the details for our next exhibition.

MRX 2016

Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May 2016

Museum of Transport Manchester

Boyle Street,

Cheetham Hill,

Manchester,

M8 8UW

1000 to 1700

Admission (includes access to all of the museum):-

Adults: £7

Concession: £6

Accompanied Children under 16: FREE

Layouts

Ashdan Junction  OO UK 1970 DCC

Broadford  HO Aus 1970 DCC

Clifton & Lowther  N UK DC

Coal Valley Mining  G UK DCC

Earby  N UK 1950 DC

Gillan and Brown  O UK 1950 DC

Hawthorn Dene  N UK DCC

Klinkerhofen  O  DE DCC

Manygates  OO UK DCC

Oldswick TMD  OO UK 2000 DCC

Peak Quarry  OO UK 1987 DCC

Pengullow  OO BR 1980 DCC

Rensville  HO US 1990 DCC

Star Gate Tramway OO UK 2000 DCC

Stamford East  N BR 1960 DC

Thomas Layout  O BR 2000 DCC

Walker Falls  On30 US 1930 DCC

Widnes Vine Yard  OO UK DCC

Traders

Along Classic Lines

Bespoke Print Shop

Crafty Models

Culcheth Model Railways

DC Kits/D&E Videos

Digitrains

Direct Train Spares

Durham Trains of Stanley

Finishing Touches

Locoshed

MDS Book Sales

Model Roads and Tramways

R L Models

Sig-Na-Trak

Smart Models

SMTF Poyntom

Stevenson Carriages & Millholme Models

Taunton Controllers

Todmorden Model Supplies

Tower Model Collection

Treemendus

Seminars

Introduction to DCC

DCC Question Time

Demonstrations

DCC Clinic - Simon Howerd

Tree making and Scenery - Treemendus

Wagon Loads - Brian Davis

Weathering - Richard Wilson

Free Heritage Bus Service

A free shuttle service will operate between Manchester Victoria station and the Museum of Transport.

Every 20 minutes throughout the event, using heritage buses.

From Manchester Victoria 0950, 1010, 1030 and every 20 minutes until 1650

From the Museum of Transport 1003, 1023, 1043 and every 20 minutes until 1703

And Not Forgetting the Museum's excellent Cafe

As well as the trains don't forget the wonderful collection of buses from the horse drawn ones to the recent ones. Usuall a couple of Trolley Buses there as well. A really good place to have a DCC based exhibition.

• RMweb Gold

What happened to LYDCC?

We are still going strong and hopefully the line up we've got this years proves we are. It's been a busy year club wise, we moved in to be club rooms last June/July and there's been a lot of work getting it into shape, we hope to have a club open day later in the year.

I've been a little less active than normal as work has had the habit of getting in the way so whilst I'd got the work done in the background I realised I hadn't posted on here.

Suzie, thanks for the info I will do some chasing next week, I am currently on holiday and return tomorrow,

• RMweb Gold

Peter, the website (in your signature) still advertises the 2015 show but not the 2016, and there is nothing in the news about new club room!

We have a technical problem with the website, I've lost password to access it! It's something I will be sorting next week on my return home from holiday, I need to contact Zen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Likewise Hawthorn Dene has had a small fiddle yard extension and the new set of trains are soak testing this weekend.  I've an excellent crew of operators for Manchester.  Just a bit of last minute loco and stock weathering to do, together with the occasional worm to scratch oil and wheel to clean.

I've even managed to find the prototype history of a few more trains on the line (and not yet told Jim...)

Looking forward to next weekend, and, hopefully, unlike at Doncaster we shouldn't be pestering Jeremy at Digitrains for technical help every five minutes......

Les

• RMweb Gold

On the way home tonight the signs on the motorway were saying major event in Manchester on Sunday, expect delays. I've no idea what the event is.

The Manchester 10k, all the good reason to avoid the city centre and come to MRX! :lol:

• RMweb Gold

All set up and ready to go, we have an excellent line up this year including some new to the circuit and some new to the area.

Please Note - Due to ongoing road works int the area the Free Bus Service will be starting from near the front of the old CIS building on Corporation Street and not outside Victoria Station Entrance.

• RMweb Premium

I exhibited at the very first show here many many years ago. I'm not sure why (maybe because I had a spell working next door to the venue) but I've never been back, until today when I was part of the operating crew for Gillan & Brown.

I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Good layouts, interested visitors and a very friendly atmosphere. If you are in the area it is well worth visiting. I can't attend tomorrow as I'm working, but I am looking forward to going again next year.

Overall a nice little show. The food was nice, if you like corned Beef hash, and I do.

There was plenty of time and space to chat to the layout operators who all seemed friendly.

Nice layouts included for me were Rensville, Klinkerhofen and Peak Quarry. Many tastes catered for. Been going since the start and will

go again!

Archived