Wartime Sussex 1943(ish)

GreenGiraffe22

I regret buying the Oxford radial over the Hornby one. the Oxford one loses traction when there's even a slight dip in the track. 

Love the photos, I, like you, am born in the 90's and modelling late Southern (as you well know by now) it's fantastic to see your work. Any updates over the last month?

• Like 1

I regret buying the Oxford radial over the Hornby one. the Oxford one loses traction when there's even a slight dip in the track.

Love the photos, I, like you, am born in the 90's and modelling late Southern (as you well know by now) it's fantastic to see your work. Any updates over the last month?

Thanks =) the layout is the result of a fascination with the war years combined with an interest in local history.

The only updates have been the addition of P Classes 1555 and 1558 along with H Class 1324, if you're on Twitter I upload quite a lot of photos and videos there =)

When I was a kid I collected everything and anything but actually had no Southern stock, when I decided to get back into the hobby about 4 years ago and I sold off pretty much all my old stock, but I was quite disappointed by the lack of both South Eastern stock and wartime rolling stock, now there seems to be loads of it! Manufacturers have been spoiling me :P !

Also to address this comment, my Hornby one regularly comes to a slipping stand still on points, it's frustrating and I don't use the loco much as a result.

Also to address this comment, my Hornby one regularly comes to a slipping stand still on points, it's frustrating and I don't use the loco much as a result.

Hi guys, what are you putting behind yours? I have always been very happy with the performance of my Hornby one. 

Hi guys, what are you putting behind yours? I have always been very happy with the performance of my Hornby one. https://youtu.be/UxMwoqJJ_WY

Just a pair of ex LSWR Maunsells, I know they're not the most free running carriages ever, the driving wheels just seem to lift off, here it is doing it pulling nothing https://twitter.com/GreenGiraffe22/status/951484993527795713?s=19

Just a pair of ex LSWR Maunsells, I know they're not the most free running carriages ever, the driving wheels just seem to lift off, here it is doing it pulling nothing https://twitter.com/GreenGiraffe22/status/951484993527795713?s=19

Ah yes, is this the Lyme Regis set? I found the brake blocks were jammed on most of these coaches.

Had to flex them all off to get free running coaches. Could this be your issue?

Ooo, just looked at your video.

I have a feeling I read about removing a washer from under the bogie mount that fixes this???

Edited by mikesndbs

• RMweb Gold

My Oxford radial runs fine, as Mike said, do some searching on here, I'm sure I read the same about the Hornby version..

Layout is looking smart, I do like the P class.. (I really don't need more locos, look away now :) )

My Oxford radial runs fine, as Mike said, do some searching on here, I'm sure I read the same about the Hornby version..

Layout is looking smart, I do like the P class.. (I really don't need more locos, look away now :) )

Here you go, start here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/100118-Hornby-ex-lswrsr-adams-0415-radial/page-19&do=findComment&comment=2388878