Wartime Sussex 1943(ish)

GreenGiraffe22

Hi Matt, Mike from Mike's Movies here. Wonderful stuff love what you have done. Be good to see some running videos someday?

Cheers

Thanks :) you've already discovered at least one of my Twitter videos, feel free to scroll through my media but I must warn you you may have to bypass selfies, ferret photos , political memes and goodness knows what else haha 

Edit: I just made it sound like there might be inappropriate NSFW media, there isn't, I assure you.

Edited by GreenGiraffe22

• RMweb Gold

I saw those! Yes, yes it is. Maybe someone somewhere was listening when I was complaining about the lack of wartime rolling stock haha, also my N class arrived today, there's a video on my Twitter @Greengiraffe22 I'll upload some photos when I'm next on the computer

Edit: I've ruled out having an Adams Radial for now, the remaining three were so confined to the Lyme Regis line I can't even use the war as an excuse :P

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Edit: I've ruled out having an Adams Radial for now, the remaining three were so confined to the Lyme Regis line I can't even use the war as an excuse :P

I use the fact that it is such a nice loco as an excuse!!! They definitely didn't run on the LB&SCR in pre-grouping days!!!

I'll have to go search for you on twitter to have a look at the video

Gary

Aha tbh I don't think it's all that nicer loco, I know lots of people admire it, but I can take it or leave it, and yeah I would have left a direct link to video but I'm on my phone and it's less straight forward haha.

I first tested it in my outside loop and it derailed in multiple places, I think I need to have a look at a couple of places, it's bogie wheels were running straight off the track on the same curve that the T9's driving wheels were sliding off, I was sure it was a radius 3 curve but maybe not, and radius might not even be the issue because there is a radius 1 curve leading into the station on the outside track that doesn't cause any issues.

Anyway, it made it round the inside loop okay, so that'll do for now!

• RMweb Gold

I know what you mean about posting links from mobile being a pain in the a$$, in fact I hate the mobile version of this website so try to avoid it!! (AndyY if you're reading this I know it's not your fault LOL)

That's a shame about it derailing. It happening in the same place as the T9 makes me think looking at the track would be a good idea. I had a problem with a set of points on my old layout, they derailed everything with a leading bogie!! It wasn't cured until they were replaced and that was done by it's new owner.

Gary

Well it also derailed in the same fashion as my old C Class on that set of points, but the new C Class passes through them fine so I duno what's going on there, but I don't mind it being confined to the inner loop for now, there are plenty of other locos that can manage the outside loop :)

Edit: I'm worried about how the Merchant Navy is gonna perform, so many wheels, so many potential derailment issues :P

Edit 2: I hate that you can't rate posts in mobile version

Edited by GreenGiraffe22

• RMweb Gold

Edit 2: I hate that you can't rate posts in mobile version

That's one of the worst features of it. I always feel I have to try and remember every thread I have been on so that I can go back and put ratings on after!

Also my phones auto correct is rubbish and I cannot spell to save my life (spell check corrected 5 words in this post)

Gary

Haha yeah I use SwiftKey and it's 50% useful and 50% useless, but so often I want to just agree or say thanks and I feel rude if I don't because I'm on my phone :P

Also clicking on posts, usually it's great when it takes you to the last post you read, but sucks if you want to go to to the start, or if it's a post that's been going for years and you just want to see the most recent comments you gotta scroll through every page...

• RMweb Gold

I use Swiftkey too. I know exactly what you mean about the posts on mobile, but using the proper site on a touch screen is even worse!!

Gary

PS. don't feel rude if you don't reply lol. I think we have taken your thread far enough off topic!

Edited by BlueLightning

You know how I was saying I definitely didn't need an S15? Well, According to SEMGonline, there were 5 allocated to Brighton in 1939.  no. 833-837 ;) http://www.semgonline.com/shed_allocations/sr-shed-alloc1.html 

Edit: also at the other end of my railway, apparently Ashford had some N15s in 1945

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 2

Also a video of two goods trains, one with a pair of Cs, the other with my Q1, in reverse, of course :P https://twitter.com/GreenGiraffe22/status/827519437574197249

Can't wait to add various tank transport wagons, you can see a sherman on the edge to the right that is destined for a warwel.

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 1