Stunning job an the 58, Trev ! I presume it is a static model, or has it got a hidden Tenshodo/Black Beetle motor bogie ?

Andi

Hi Andi

Yes mate its a cracker - but (unfortunately) its not mine! Its my mate Daves.

I believe its a static model for his new layout which I think is going to be based upon a scrapyard. (Daves already scratchbuilt some Sheerness steel PXA bogie wagons).

His modelling skills in plasticard are awesome and he built my bridge which you can see in some of my photos.

Cheers

Trev :)

Lots to do this weekend, I think I will try and target lighting in a few areas (signalbox, signalbox khazi, sheds and Portacabins.)

I seem to be lurching from one job to another, I really need to get a handle on completing the hardstanding for the main Wagon Repair Depot and actually building the thing!

Lets see what Sunday brings! 

(plus Ive go to sort this flippin chassis issue.......joy!

Cheers

Bachmann 37s can be a mixed bag can't they ?

I've had a lot of issues with the older 8 pin chassis as I've documented .

I did find in a couple of cases a decoder swap worked - I used a lens silver in one and it responded much better than with the Bachmann chip.sometimes I get the feeling they don't like Back EMF which seems to feature in most chips.

I've just had a chaise erviced at Bachmann and it's no better than when it went !

Keep up the good work trev and how easy was it to build the salmon as I've got one to build

Hi Craig

As long as you have a lovely flat surface to work from its a great kit. I think it took me an hour and a half all in.

I must paint the deck, and add a load of track panels now!!!

Cheers

Bachmann 37s can be a mixed bag can't they ?

I've had a lot of issues with the older 8 pin chassis as I've documented .

I did find in a couple of cases a decoder swap worked - I used a lens silver in one and it responded much better than with the Bachmann chip.sometimes I get the feeling they don't like Back EMF which seems to feature in most chips.

I've just had a chaise erviced at Bachmann and it's no better than when it went !

Hi Rob,

Yes I agree 100% I think the stuff being churned out from China is rubbish TBH.

I have a few things up my sleeve for the weekend as regards this chassis.

What a shame - I'd ask for my money back.....

Fingers crossed its something daft.

Cheers

Hi all,

I've had a fairly lazy Sunday, what with tidying up the garage, doing Sunday dinner and sorting this flippin 37 out.

I took the opportunity to detail one end, removing the oval buffers on number two end and fitting round ones as per the original loco.

I still have to detail the number one end, add NRN aerials and add some weathering.

I couldnt weather it today as it was too cold. 

A few pics of todays' work:

post-7156-0-28107900-1486934803_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-62109400-1486934819_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-07186600-1486934844_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-90220600-1486934866_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-85942900-1486934882_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-48814400-1486934905_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-36936000-1486934921_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-88969700-1486934937_thumb.jpg

Thank you for looking

• Like 10

Hi all,

I've had a fairly lazy Sunday, what with tidying up the garage, doing Sunday dinner and sorting this flippin 37 out.

I took the opportunity to detail one end, removing the oval buffers on number two end and fitting round ones as per the original loco.

I still have to detail the number one end, add NRN aerials and add some weathering.

attachicon.gif37116 1.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 2.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 3.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 4.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 5.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 6.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 7.jpg

attachicon.giffiddle yard.jpg

Thank you for looking

The sister is looking good ! I'm glad it didn't end up as scrap

The sister is looking good ! I'm glad it didn't end up as scrap

Cheers Rob,

Me too mate.

Mind you she was pretty hellfire in LLB with the name "Comet" too! (I might model that as well)!

Ironic thing is I've not seen her in Colas colours yet...

Cheers

Hi Trev,

37116 looks nice. Is it running well now? A few of mine don't run as well as they should. 

I remember 116 in Large Logo, It used to turn up down Southampton way in the early 90s.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-77539800-1486976733.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Trev,

37116 looks nice. Is it running well now? A few of mine don't run as well as they should. 

I remember 116 in Large Logo, It used to turn up down Southampton way in the early 90s.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter 

Thank you for your kind comments. Its a shame isn't it when you get things out of boxes, and despite careful assembly, run like a pig.

Well, sort of... its fine in one direction, however it doesn't like going the opposite way. it does run, but protests and is shuddering.

My suspicion is that its the gear tower?  I've cleaned the gears and lubricated them, but it doesn't want to know, which is a shame as it looks and sounds the part.

I know its not the pick ups or wheels as its had a few hours on my wheel cleaners.

Bachmann really need to pick up their QA! - especially considering the cost of this plastic rubbish nowadays!

I wonder if anyone would know what makes it judder repeatedly? 

Eeeeeeeeehh one day it will be ok haha!!  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Cracking picture BTW - 3,500 HP for 3 vans! love it!

Cheers

Edited by big T

Hmm, could be.

I've had issues with older 8 pin chassis recently.

One has had a full service , one I changed the gear tower (£15 ) as the axles are mounted in those plastic cut outs and the bogie was pivoting on the central wheel set as it was not quite cut out correctly.

As much as I like Bachmann the Hornby 31s/56 and 60 I have all run better than the sweetest blue box

Hmm, could be.

I've had issues with older 8 pin chassis recently.

One has had a full service , one I changed the gear tower (£15 ) as the axles are mounted in those plastic cut outs and the bogie was pivoting on the central wheel set as it was not quite cut out correctly.

As much as I like Bachmann the Hornby 31s/56 and 60 I have all run better than the sweetest blue box

Hi Rob.

This one is a 21 pin job.

I agree the Hornby models are better runners than the Bachmann offerings.

Cheers

the 37 looks great!

But I must say the layout looks like its really coming together now in the pictures you have recently taken - great work mate!

Thanks matey.

I've just realised I've missed the MW socket and jumper cable off each end!  Damn - ill have to get onto that!

Im contemplating showing the layout next year... still got a flippin long way to go - Its a right pain in the arris after a 13 hour day at work coming home and trying to drum up the enthusiasm to do jobs that have been put on the back burner for what seems like an age.

Now I'm thinking about lighting pelmets! GU10's or L.E.D strips?!

Onwards and upwards!

Cheers

Trev, what about using LED replacement fluorescent tubes they give a very even light and are available in various light outputs including natural daylight

Trev, what about using LED replacement fluorescent tubes they give a very even light and are available in various light outputs including natural daylight

Hi Gary

Id not thought about those - plus I can get them through work!

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

attachicon.gif37116 1.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 2.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 3.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 4.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 5.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 6.jpg

attachicon.gif37116 7.jpg

attachicon.giffiddle yard.jpg

Thank you for looking

116 is looking the bees mate. I'm currently putting the finishing touches to 37116 (albeit in 2mm) A tricky ish one to model, and you don't see many about. Luckily I had a spare 37/0 with the later roof / boiler mods and a pair of 37/5 noses. Removed the air horns and filled the recesses, NRN aerials fitted to noses and round buffers at both ends. From my photos of her circa 1996, she had round at both ends. Did this change later on Trev?

Cheers, Anthony   

If you want daylight, go for 6000 or 6500 kelvin bulbs.

Roy

Cheers Roy

I imagine that would be a white light at that end of the spectrum?

Cheers

Trev

ps. I like white light on layouts :)

116 is looking the bees mate. I'm currently putting the finishing touches to 37116 (albeit in 2mm) A tricky ish one to model, and you don't see many about. Luckily I had a spare 37/0 with the later roof / boiler mods and a pair of 37/5 noses. Removed the air horns and filled the recesses, NRN aerials fitted to noses and round buffers at both ends. From my photos of her circa 1996, she had round at both ends. Did this change later on Trev?

Cheers, Anthony   

Hello matey,

She went through quite a lot of changes, - losing side skirts (with round buffers each end), gaining one set of ovals, and one set of rectangular then what shes got now!

Ive run out of NRN aerials now having checked my drawer!! grr!

Were your ears burning this afternoon?!

Cheers