Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Trev,

Just don't do anything you may regret later such as selling the layout

Hi Gary,

Yeah spose Ill keep a hold of it for the moment - Ive just remembered I have a shed to build too for the station end - that will keep me occupied :)

Cheers

Trev :)

• RMweb Gold

I've often felt the same recently like selling Ashbridge and starting again with a minimum size diesel standing just to show my diesel fleet.

But I've got a couple of kits to build that may give me the kick up the backside.

But like others have said I think it's probably that time of year.

Hang in there matey.

Cheers

Col

Keep it up Trev, I always enjoy your updates. And if you do ever decide to sell the layout, it'd be nice to see it sold to someone on here. Just don't do anything that you'll wish you hadn't in a few months time

Cheers mate

If I do sell it, ill make sure its on here first!

Must admit Im 50/50 now haha!

• Like 1

I've often felt the same recently like selling Ashbridge and starting again with a minimum size diesel standing just to show my diesel fleet.

But I've got a couple of kits to build that may give me the kick up the backside.

But like others have said I think it's probably that time of year.

Hang in there matey.

Cheers

Col

Cheers Col I think I need a mini project :)

Trev

Cracking photos Trev matey :sungum:

Come on, hurry and get that mojo back! 

Cheers

Anthony 

Cheers geez. 

Hopefully with the long nights coming back i will get back in the zone.

I think whats putting me off is a big job on point control which Ive been delaying for a while.

Once I have done that I think Ill feel a bit better.

Cheers

Don't sell, you'll regret it.

When you've got your mojo back start your next layout and only once you're happy with the new one think about selling the old one.

Cheers :)

Will do! Just going to work out a trackplan for the modular one i will be doing!

oh no!!

hope you don't sell up my mate..

To be honest mate it wouldnt bother me. Im getting married soon so it would help with that too...... :good:

Plus I might be able to upgrade the aquarium!

To be honest mate it wouldnt bother me. Im getting married soon so it would help with that too...... :good:

Plus I might be able to upgrade the aquarium!

I got married few years back,then the layout came with me to my new house... :locomotive:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I dusted off a few locos and cleaned the track and thought "Yeah I'll have a play tonight". Ive got a Bachmann Jubilee to detail, weather and sound fit . I think I'll do this at the weekend.

One of my first little jobs was to fit a new 8 pin decoder to a Heljan chassis Ive had for a while. But typical the thing doesn't work properly! Ive got lights but no drive. I think the decoder is faulty as I tried it on two chassis. Doh.

Oh well, it was only a cheapo one and I know from old that Heljan chassis draw a hefty ampage.....

A few pics from tonights shunting:

post-7156-0-50218700-1505256025_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-67662900-1505256047_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-56221100-1505256070_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-72145700-1505256084_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-08363600-1505256147_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-01118800-1505256168_thumb.jpg

Cheers 

• Like 11

Looking good there Mr T, always enjoy looking at pictures of you stock, always look beautifully weathered...........................

Cheers Adrian,

Thanks mate very much appreciated.

Time to put the stock away, stop playing and finish those few niggly jobs Ive been putting off!!!

Winters coming and I think I need a new heater for the garage too!

Cheers

Spent an hour or so tonight adding bufferbeam detail to one of my Bachmann Peaks. In this case its 46053. I couldnt be bothered to re number it, so it stayed as 053. 

I know the loco is slightly out of my proposed time frame and region, however I am fairly lenient when it comes to 40's and 45's. I dont know why - 45106 was my last one, but it combusted as we all know and was dispatched to TI before I could see it and thence scrapped.

46053 was an Eastern Region loco, based off Gateshead. Delivered as D190 in Jan 1963, she had a brief stint at Holbeck in 1964, returning to GD until withdrawal in Feb 1981. She was moved to Derby Works and was scrapped there in July 1981.

I then made a start weathering it, Ill leave it a day or so to go off then Ill add detail, paint chips, splats, scrapes and rain marks. I might sell it once I'm done. Im sure someone with a 1980's BR Blue era layout would benefit from it more than me! 

post-7156-0-83673100-1505343771_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-67689600-1505343796_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-62336800-1505343816_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-90869500-1505343858_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-04610100-1505343879_thumb.jpg

cheers for looking

Edited by big T
  • Like 9

Hi Trev,

Always mice to see a few pics. Really like the Peak. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter hope you are well,

Thanks very much.

I think ill do a few more bits n  bobs to the peak, in particular the bogies and the bodysides.

Might get the chalks out...  :boast:  :boast:

Cheers for the kind words, always appreciated! :)

Hi Peter hope you are well,

Thanks very much.

I think ill do a few more bits n  bobs to the peak, in particular the bogies and the bodysides.

Might get the chalks out...  :boast:  :boast:

Cheers for the kind words, always appreciated! :)

All good here mate,

Just waiting for the weather to improve it's been cold and wet here. Still been doing a bit of modelling but not as much as I would like.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1