The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Phil's excellent railway adventure - Dublin and DART

Phil Bullock

If I had produced a platform edge on my layout as shown in the picture 'of where ever it is' I know that there would be thoughts that I had been too long on the bottle of jungle juice! 

• RMweb Gold

Not bad considering I only went through there once. I was travelling back to catch the Dun Loaghaire ferry after a visit to a property my Son was renovating in the west of Ireland. It was a wonder I actually saw it as I had spent the best part of 48 hours working almost continuously helping him to get the water supply back on and electrics ready for reconnection before leaving at about 6am to meet up with a Sligo-Dublin train.

• RMweb Gold

We flew from Brum on Ryanair...good job it wasn't Stansted

0800 out, 21.55 back

Spent 10 euros on a day pass that covered buses trams and DART - fantastic value but first requirement was for a full Irish breakfast ...This venue looked a good bet

post-7138-0-51868500-1466976310_thumb.jpg

Their full Irish comprised bacon, gammon chop, sausage, black pudding, white pudding, fried egg, mushroom, beans, guiness bread, soda bread and chips. Yes it beat me!

Then off to Tara Street - see above - to catch the DART to Malahide

079 was at Connolly Street - a great sighting, sorry about the rubbish photo

post-7138-0-46880300-1466976030_thumb.jpg

Then Malahide, the limit of DART

post-7138-0-21680800-1466976052_thumb.jpg

post-7138-0-08397200-1466976061_thumb.jpg

That bottom photo represents an interesting move - the DART was in the platform, the DMU came from the north and crossed over immediately behind us - no block separation!

More to follow....

Phil

Archived