The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those who like Aircraft pictures

DDolfelin

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

That Shackleton footage is excellent. There was some B17 footage on YouTube too but can’t find that any more. Although we don’t have air shows any more there’s still a fair bit of interesting traffic… supposed to be a Hurricane this Saturday…

I grew up about 2 miles from there and some friends used to live in a house in a field which now has a golf course on it otherside of Down Hatherly lane from Dowty Rotol.

Not been past Staverton in about 5 years!!!!

• RMweb Premium

After the 787 my next favourite contemporary type (other than the 747's which soldier on) is the 777. As well as passenger aircraft the 777 seems to be becoming the large air freighter air fame of choice and is a common sight in Changi. The Singapore - DHL livery is unusual, I guess both companies saw the value in being associated with each other, most DHL aircraft are in full DHL livery regardless of whether they're operated for DHL by someone else.

Aerologic777F-3.JPG

Aerologic777F-7.JPG

ChinaCargo777F-6.JPG

EK777F-1.JPG

EvaCargo777F-4.JPG

EvaCargo777F-6.JPG

Korean777F-1.JPG

SQDHL777F-7.JPG

SQDHL777F-10.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't have thought it possible to just lose a 777 and over 200 passengers, yet MH370 remains a mystery. In a previous role I was able to observe the actions of the Malaysian government to the search effort and it wasn't at all edifying.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, 5944 said:

If everyone could check behind their garden sheds and out buildings, that'd be grand. Very impressive to completely lose an $80m aircraft!

If I find it in the woods behind one of my sheds, can I keep it? It would look so neat on the layout! 😉

Seriously, I would think that those would have some kind of emergency location beacon; especially if the pilot punches out!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

I wouldn't have thought it possible to just lose a 777 and over 200 passengers, yet MH370 remains a mystery. In a previous role I was able to observe the actions of the Malaysian government to the search effort and it wasn't at all edifying.

I don't think it's lost. I think that the people who know where it is don't want to tell us (end of conspiracy theory).

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

I quite liked this when we we being bussed off the E190 at Dusseldorf Airport this afternoon...

20230919_141403.jpg.9870377ff62acd03947531b803668a62.jpg

It says "A320" on the fuselage.

A better view as we were being driven past..

image.png.b18ed10d341efd2c9b8a05152bcf941c.png

Kev.

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, SHMD said:

I quite liked this when we we being bussed off the E190 at Dusseldorf Airport this afternoon...

20230919_141403.jpg.9870377ff62acd03947531b803668a62.jpg

It says "A320" on the fuselage.

A better view as we were being driven past..

image.png.b18ed10d341efd2c9b8a05152bcf941c.png

Kev.

That looks great. Those old liveries can make any airframe look good... time to revive the cheatline!

• Like 3

On 18/09/2023 at 01:57, St Enodoc said:

I don't think it's lost. I think that the people who know where it is don't want to tell us (end of conspiracy theory).

I’ve heard the US knows the full story.

Id maintain pilot input required to disable ACARs, and to choose a route so remote to drop it in .

Pilot suicide overtakes CFIT in world “ aircraft accidents “ records 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another Air India Express variation. I like these, they're colourful and different without looking OTT. Air India Express uses the 737 while Air India proper uses the A320 family, similar to Singapore Airlines but in reverse (SIA uses the 737, Scoot uses the A320). A few other airlines seem to select different airframes for mainline and LCC units.

AI737NG-12.JPG

AI737NG-13.JPG

AI737NG-15.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

This lovely aeroplane just flew over my home.  I thought it was a DH89 when I saw it but ADSB Exchange tells me it is a DH90 Dragonfly G-AEDU.

36412854315_08074e569c_4k.jpgde Havilland DH90 Dragonfly 'G-AEDU' by Alan Wilson, on Flickr

Edit: she later returned in company with what I think were a couple of Chipmunks, preceded by two vintage monoplanes which I think may have been her Miles Messenger and Miles Falcon stablemates at Shipping and Airlines Ltd.

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

A frequency question for you...

For as long as I recall, Heathrow Director has been 120.4 but has - seemingly - been replaced by (what was/is) Heathrow Radar on 127.525.

Can anyone explain?

(Note for context for those who may not know: Heathrow Director is the controller who receives inbounds from Heathrow's northern holds (Bovingdon and Lambourne) and merges them with the southern ones (Ockham and Biggin) to form a single line of traffic before handing them off to Heathrow Tower).

Brian

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

For as long as I recall, Heathrow Director has been 120.4 but has - seemingly - been replaced by (what was/is) Heathrow Radar on 127.525.

Can anyone explain?

(Note for context for those who may not know: Heathrow Director is the controller who receives inbounds from Heathrow's northern holds (Bovingdon and Lambourne) and merges them with the southern ones (Ockham and Biggin) to form a single line of traffic before handing them off to Heathrow Tower).

Brian

Occasionally frequencies are ‘moved’ to utilise the available frequencies better, the full techy reason will be in here somewhere 

https://www.caa.co.uk/commercial-industry/airspace/communication-navigation-and-surveillance/spectrum/spectrum-and-frequency-management/

I say somewhere and wish you good luck, the CAA web pages and portals are ‘brown’ even if you understand their erm, logic….

Another change that is occurring is with technical advances it possible some positions can be made ‘redundant’ and functions combined. I don’t know if this is the case here.

Edited by PMP
Add last para
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

Can anyone explain?

Brian

Might be connected to recent instances of interference/breakthrough on 120.4.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 23/09/2023 at 12:52, Flying Pig said:

This lovely aeroplane just flew over my home

On 23/09/2023 at 16:07, Flying Pig said:

This one too a couple of minutes ago, a real Rapide this time.

Thanks for that. 😀

De Havilland seems to had a nice habit of producing aircraft that look much more elegant.

Makes some aircraft look like flying bricks.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Today's ride from Bangkok to Singapore after landing in Changi, the flight to Bangkok was an A350-900, it's good to see the very long range of both types being put to good use.......🤣 At the risk of looking like an amateur who is oblivious to my surroundings I really wouldn't know the difference between the two types if blindfolded or if a few tell tale cabin trim aspects which don't affect passenger experience were obscured. Both used the same seats, cabin dimensions are pretty much the same, the in-flight entertainment was identical, decor the same. One thing about Singapore Airlines is they demand extremely high standards from cabin crew, they all look like they could have walked out of a fashion shoot, immaculate, and are very attentive and good at what they do.

SQ787.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1