Middleton Railway

AMJ

Gavin who filmed this does it for a living and those that have the Hunslet 150 DVD will have seen his dedication to the subject matter.

If you know where to look unfortunately you will also see me in the Victorian film.  

• 3 months later...

post-9134-0-81066700-1480533791.jpg

For those who have never seen a few locos pimped with lights and trimmings here are a few inside the Engine House.

There will be public steam trains running on the First of January 2017 see the railway's website.  Decorations will still be on the locos then.

• 3 weeks later...

A busy time at the Railway currently.  On Monday Picton a Booth's steam crane and the Isles steam crane were lifted and moved using a 200 Ton (or is it tonne?) crane as per

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/200-tonne-crane-drafted-in-to-move-historic-leeds-locomotive-1-8297436

Steelwork was delivered and erection commenced on the shelter for Picton after it moved into it's final resting place.

These will be visible in the car park when we are open on New Years day with steam trains from 1200 every 45 minutes.

• 1 month later...

A busy time at the Railway currently. On Monday Picton a Booth's steam crane and the Isles steam crane were lifted and moved using a 200 Ton (or is it tonne?) crane as per

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/200-tonne-crane-drafted-in-to-move-historic-leeds-locomotive-1-8297436

Steelwork was delivered and erection commenced on the shelter for Picton after it moved into it's final resting place.

These will be visible in the car park when we are open on New Years day with steam trains from 1200 every 45 minutes.

When I was last at the Middleton (which was about 18 months ago) this loco was placarded as being one that the trust wasn't going to restore as it couldn't run on the railway. I'm glad they've changed their mind.

When I was last at the Middleton (which was about 18 months ago) this loco was placarded as being one that the trust wasn't going to restore as it couldn't run on the railway. I'm glad they've changed their mind.

read it again it say there going to conserve the loco not get it running ( stop the rust & make it look nice) its 10 foot wide so if they got it to run there's no place for it to run in the UK as it would hit platforms

read it again it say there going to conserve the loco not get it running ( stop the rust & make it look nice) its 10 foot wide so if they got it to run there's no place for it to run in the UK as it would hit platforms

I think you and I are talking at cross purposes. I know the loco is out of gauge for UK lines, but if the Middleton do a restoration job on it I think that will be welcome. There aren't enough locos that were built in Britain for overseas use preserved here. It's good to see another of the small number that are being restored rather than just left outside to rot.

Regards

PICTON is as has been previously said been conserved inside the new shelter.  For those wanting to photograph the loco the best time is in the morning as the sunlight is on the loco.  None railway press do not understand the difference between conserve and preserve and will often change the wording accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New minute video news series has just begun

Boiler for Brookes was back into the frames on Saturday.

Not on here but the boiler for the Sentinel arrived yesterday. Locomotive should be back in traffic in 2018.

(Edit)

Picton flies, just added today to the video shed by our cameraman.

Archived