transfers for parkside dundas bogie sulphate wagon in LNER condition

ColHut

G'day all,

Iam trying to locate a source of transfers for the PD bogie Sulphate and Bogie brick wagons in LNER condition.

At a pinch I can use the BR sheet from Model Master 4638 for the brick wagon and just add the NE lettering and amend the pre-fixed lettering etc. However, for the Sulphate wagon, the "Return to Haverton Hill" is printed on a black background as the wagons are unfitted Grey rather than Bauxite, and the letter set is for BR.

HMRS can do a single Brick wagon from their sheet 12, but not the Sulphate wagon.

i am awaiting responses from CCT, Old Time Workshop, and Model Master in case I have missed something but it appears not.

if you have a suggestion I would be pleased to hear it.

regards

Edited by ColHut

Alternatively, if some kind soul can tell me the dimensions of the lettering and font style, or point me in the direction of a source which contains such, I might be able to have some sets made. I have a couple of images and a scale diagram of the sulphate wagon but they are not the best quality.

regards

• RMweb Premium

i am awaiting responses from CCT .....................

I haven't received your enquiry - but the answer, I'm afraid, is that I can only offer BR lettering on my Sheet S1 - it's not on a black background, though.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers

I haven't received your enquiry - but the answer, I'm afraid, is that I can only offer BR lettering on my Sheet S1 - it's not on a black background, though.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers

Thanks John,

So much for email, I will re-send.

I assume smaller businesses might take up to a week to respond anyway. They probably have lives to live.

Do you mean that with your appropriate(?) sized lettering I could make up the words from them, or that the phrases are already extant on your sheet?

regards

Edited by ColHut

Sadly, John - CCT - doesn't do any (AFAIK) LNER era transfers.

Were I building any of these again, I can see two ways to accurately represent the LNER lettering;

1. Use the best, most side-on photo you have and cut the letters out using GIMP.

2. Scan the HMRS sheet and assemble the letters one by one, resizing as necessary.

Obviously (2) would have to be for personal use only, unless you cleared it with the HMRS transfer steward first.

Either way, having assembled your artwork, I'd go to John Peck at Precision Decals for printing. Other suppliers are available but I've always used John and find him quick, reasonably priced and with a top class product.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks John,

So much for email, I will re-send.

I assume smaller businesses might take up to a week to respond anyway. They probably have lives to live.

Do you mean that with your appropriate(?) sized lettering I could make up the words from them, or that the phrases are already extant on your sheet?

regards

S1 includes full BR period transfers for all of the PD kits appropriate to that period - including the ex-LNER BRICK and SULPHATE wagons.

Regards,

John.

• 5 years later...

Just to expand on my previous post, I found the wagon out today and here it is:

spacer.png

I repainted the middle three panels before applying it, so the weathering needs to be blended in.     I'll probably do that as part of my demo at Thirsk Show on the 31st.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 1