WRMS 60 years Exhibition layout - Stanley

enginelane

• RMweb Premium

Need to test fit against the backscene at club rooms to ensure the roof angles are correct . Decided to add a return wall at the end of the building to make it look more complete.

If you plan on doing any interior wait till I get back as someone who as brought up Methodist I can probably give you a few hints.

Jamie

If you plan on doing any interior wait till I get back as someone who as brought up Methodist I can probably give you a few hints.Jamie

Test fitted it on the layout and is big. Issue is that there is a large fronted building that runs down from the chapel to the level,crossing and if make to right size will take up,space of the yet to be built signal box. Compression will be needed!

• 3 months later...

Been off line for a while but starting to pick things up again. Progress on Stanley has been a little slow over the past few months but platform base cut out and foundations forcststion buildings routed out. Fiddleyard baseboard cutting list has been produced and the layout is still to debut at Wakefield 2018.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through reviews and researching images and it seems that the most major omission is the lifting holes near the smokebox and the rest will be adding a decoder, crew and weathering. For this period at least then no vac pipes etc needed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weathering on J50 complete, lifting holes to drill out. Requires Loco crew and ready for running on Stanley. Little to be changed as Ardsley shed plate and number already and on shed summer of 1958. Fiddle yard boards complete with point laying and track in the near future. Fiddleyard to be a common user set up that other layouts in the future can use.

post-9435-0-40997800-1534148816_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Remembered from the days of never finished Engine Lane had a 8F which was being up graded with Brassmaster parts. Now located said engine and I think the right bits so will finish as 48123 which was a Royston engine but did travel Leeds way. Another engine for Stanley.

post-9435-0-14542800-1534618380_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1