Iowa Central Railway

JAMO

On 14/02/2022 at 20:11, F-UnitMad said:

I used the 4mm jig when I did my ACF hopper car upgrade. Bought mine many years ago when I modelled in EM.

Have you thought about replacing the running boards as it really improves the appearance. 

Like this:-

IMG_1517.JPG.b053e83d9c3946f991f7ecddbc23c952.JPG

Really good job that you have done.  The joy of O Scale.

Be aware that once you do one freight car you will have to upgrade the rest of them to the same standard !

:)

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Boxcab said:

I used the 4mm jig when I did my ACF hopper car upgrade. Bought mine many years ago when I modelled in EM.

Have you thought about replacing the running boards as it really improves the appearance. 

Like this:-

IMG_1517.JPG.b053e83d9c3946f991f7ecddbc23c952.JPG

Really good job that you have done.  The joy of O Scale.

Be aware that once you do one freight car you will have to upgrade the rest of them to the same standard !

:)

Your car looks good. :good:

I think to replace the walkways but at this time I haven't found the exact model I need. Maybe in etching or laser cut card... I don't know yet.

Yes, the same level of quality for all my stock. I have a dozen of PS-2 and 20 others boxcars, gondolas, etc. to detail. But it's a pleasure to do.

Edited by JAMO

I've just took photos of the completed car  (the walkway isn't changed for the moment). Now, I just need to weather it. The photos show some default to correct.

PS-2 IMG_7556

PS-2 IMG_7555

PS-2 IMG_7557

PS-2 IMG_7558

Edited by JAMO
Reloaded photos
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Boxcab said:

Maquett

French for “scale model”, or very nearly so?

(I think there should be an “e” on the end of maquette, in French, as the ear (double consonant, I.e. “tt”) at the end of the word without a vowel might cause problems with pronunciation.)

52 minutes ago, Boxcab said:

Thank you for that Jordan.

Jack, the brand name is "Maquett" plastic mesh. It is available as square or diamond pattern.

Keep up the good work.

Mike.

I still have these products. They don't match the prototype for the "old" cars.

13 minutes ago, Regularity said:

French for “scale model”, or very nearly so?

(I think there should be an “e” on the end of maquette, in French, as the ear (double consonant, I.e. “tt”) at the end of the word without a vowel might cause problems with pronunciation.)

It's "maquett": a brand. The ref is 611-01.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JAMO said:

All my photos are lost here. Sorry, I let down this thread.

No Jamo, you didn’t, the server host did. I hope you have the original images & can share your inspirational work elsewhere.

The 7mm Scale Society forum offers unlimited photo uploads, a stable platform  and no adverts for just £5 or equivalent in Euros each year. Anyone welcome in any version of O scale.  https://7mmscalesociety.org/

Dava

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, JAMO said:

All my photos are lost here. Sorry, I let down this thread.

There may be a 'lost in translation' issue from French to English here?

We've all lost the photos we've posted here from the last year or so, no one is to blame except Dediserve. But hopefully you have your originals on your own devices? It reminds me of the Photobucket Fiasco a few years ago now when they suddenly wanted silly money to host photos. I did lose some then, but have always kept my own copies since then.

5 hours ago, Dava said:

The 7mm Scale Society forum offers unlimited photo uploads, a stable platform  and no adverts for just £5 or equivalent in Euros each year. Anyone welcome in any version of O scale.  https://7mmscalesociety.org/

At the risk of sounding churlish, Western Thunder offers all that for free, and isn't restricted to one scale, either.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

There may be a 'lost in translation' issue from French to English here?

We've all lost the photos we've posted here from the last year or so, no one is to blame except Dediserve. But hopefully you have your originals on your own devices? It reminds me of the Photobucket Fiasco a few years ago now when they suddenly wanted silly money to host photos. I did lose some then, but have always kept my own copies since then.

At the risk of sounding churlish, Western Thunder offers all that for free, and isn't restricted to one scale, either.

Western Thunder comes with a certain attitude not everyone finds welcoming.

Running a forum with upload memory capacity has costs, we keep ours very low.

Each to his own.

Dava

2 hours ago, Dava said:

Each to his own.

Indeed. I have my own thoughts on the 'attitude' or welcome someone gets on a Forum - or in many aspects of life - being directly linked to the attitude they go with themselves, but someone else's Thread is not the place for such a discussion.

Jacky, keep modelling, and please keep posting, here and on your son's layout Thread too, which was really coming along nicely!!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your kind messages and your help.

Of course I still have the photos on my computer but it's a very long job to upload them.

I had a similar problem a long time ago on another UK forum. I spent a lot of time to upload and update my thread.

• Friendly/supportive 3

You're right: I continue! Thank you for your kind messages.

I use now my FlickrPro photo gallery to store the photos for this forum. Hope all will be going well.

Do you remember: I would like to build a garage for my layout. I've build a printed bristol mock-up.

Garage 2

• Like 5

2. The front wall. To make it I started by gluing a copy of the mock-up on a thin but strong cardboard. This help me to find the exact shape and where I have to cut the windows and the doors. I find this more Kiss than to draw on the card.

After that, I put off the mock-up template to let the surface clean to make the wooden walls.

Garage IMG_7525

Garage IMG_7526

And here it is when finished.

Garage IMG_7531

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3