Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

32 axle transformer wagon - wanted : ideas for a stockbox

Hello

I have a 32 axle transformer wagon in HO scale .... it comes in three long sections.

It's a pain screwing in all together everytime I take it to an exhibition so need a stockbox that I can store it in in one piece. This would be a unique stockbox just for this one item .... any thoughts?

Modify something which is not necessarily made as a stockbox?

Hello

I have a 32 axle transformer wagon in HO scale .... it comes in three long sections.

It's a pain screwing in all together everytime I take it to an exhibition so need a stockbox that I can store it in in one piece. This would be a unique stockbox just for this one item .... any thoughts?

Modify something which is not necessarily made as a stockbox?

How about making something out of square section guttering lined with foam or something similar? Not something I have tried but have heard it suggested. There might be some ideas on the Rapido APT-E thread.

• RMweb Premium

Make one out a piece of mounting board,  An A1 sheet is only a couple of quid from Hobbycraft.  You should be able to make a box and separate lid from 1 sheet.  It will be plenty strong enough.  I use that for 0 gauge loco boxes for hevy brass locos without any trouble.  Brown sticky tape is a good thing for sticking them together.  You could always reinforce the base with a piece of plywood.

Jamie

Hi Jim

This looks the best option but have you personal eperience of this item?

I ask because I emailed the seller and asked if the inner was removaeable and he replied that they sold it to store pool cues and did not recommend it's use in any way .... in other words covering themselves rather than risking a problem.

Hi Jim

This looks the best option but have you personal eperience of this item?

I ask because I emailed the seller and asked if the inner was removaeable and he replied that they sold it to store pool cues and did not recommend it's use in any way .... in other words covering themselves rather than risking a problem.

Afraid not. It just occurred to me that there were wooden cases designed for the carriage of long, thin items. There are quite a few cue cases on eBay, but this was the first one that presented itself.

Jim

Archived