Trent Valley North American Show - May 15 2010

Northpoint

Leave it, I personally like seeing how people go about doing converstions. Gives me ideas and hints biggrin.gif

Yes, I'll leave it "as is"... will make it easier to spot the differences too!!

Less than two weeks, everyone!!happy0045.gif

Kuppla Yard is ready for the trip. Sat Nav is set- will leave home at 6am, so hoping to arrive around 9am. Get the kettle on guys! Looking forward to meeting you all.

(Met up with Shortliner Jack last week - Erie is looking good)

Dave

Bonus: SWMBO is at work Sat so I have my own car instead of relying on Chris for a lift. Now I have to check those directions properly!!

Snag: I will also have my lad with me. Not such a problem if I had an actual layout; keeping him occupied all day behind a static display will be more of a challenge...

Anyway, nearly all packed up, and looking forward to it... :)

Bonus: SWMBO is at work Sat so I have my own car instead of relying on Chris for a lift. Now I have to check those directions properly!!

Snag: I will also have my lad with me. Not such a problem if I had an actual layout; keeping him occupied all day behind a static display will be more of a challenge...

Anyway, nearly all packed up, and looking forward to it... :)

We need all the help we can get so tell him he can help my wife by washing up in the kitchen!:D

<jealous mode> Wishing I could make it up, but with the way my back has been there is no chance of me being able to drive the distance. Hope its a great success and everyone enjoys themselves. </jelous mode>

<jealous mode> Wishing I could make it up, but with the way my back has been there is no chance of me being able to drive the distance. Hope its a great success and everyone enjoys themselves. </jelous mode>

I'm sure that reports and photos will be posted after the event - you'll be able to tell how successful it was by the facial expressions. :) or :(

Anyway, nearly all packed up, and looking forward to it... smile.gif

I can always use an apprentice on Kuppla Yard - I like the kids to 'have a go'

Dave

I can always use an apprentice on Kuppla Yard - I like the kids to 'have a go'

Dave

Dave - I have experience of Jordan Jnr driving on my layout - not to be recommended! I don't think my Atlas MP15 has ever been so fast!

Dave - I have experience of Jordan Jnr driving on my layout - not to be recommended! I don't think my Atlas MP15 has ever been so fast!

ummm, not within 5ft anyway... *ahem* ... embarrassed shuffle... :( ...and he didn't actually crash it...

He's getting better, honest! this is him recently on my O scale layout; look at the concentration:-

17-04-10_150606.jpg

17-04-10_145152.jpg

...though looking a bit closer you'll notice he isn't too fussed about which cars were supposedly around in 1960's Britain....

17-04-10_145210.jpg

:unsure: :rolleyes: :D

ummm, not within 5ft anyway... *ahem* ... embarrassed shuffle... :( ...and he didn't actually crash it...

He's getting better, honest! this is him recently on my O scale layout; look at the concentration:-

...though looking a bit closer you'll notice he isn't too fussed about which cars were supposedly around in 1960's Britain....

:unsure: :rolleyes: :D

Jordan - I was only joking!! :D

Yes, I know, but did Dave know..!?!? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Counting down in hours, now... cool.gif

No problem - I've got a 'terrible two year old' grandson, we call the Pocket Tornado. He hasn't wrecked the layout yet!

Bed -time now, cos Ive set the alarm for 5am - see you in the morning - g'nightbiggrin.gif

Well, it's all over now. As a first experience of organising a show, I must say it's had it's ups and downs - stressful or what! The first thing I will say is a huge thank you to everybody who came and suported us - the visitors, the exhibitors and those that helped. Overall, judging by the feedback, it was a huge success.

Like any first experience, we learned things on the way which will be useful for the next time - and yes, in answer to all those who asked at the show, there will definitely be a next time next year. We already have 10 or so different layouts promised.

Here are some photos of the event for those of you who couldn't make it.

post-6943-127394027141_thumb.jpg

Where do we start?

post-6943-127394049864_thumb.jpg

A couple of likely looking lads!

post-6943-127394054718_thumb.jpg

Jordan's O gauge table - I certainly didn't see any body laughing - if anything, we were all drooling with envy.

post-6943-127394060947_thumb.jpg

Wisconsin Rapids with Rachel at the controls.

post-6943-127394065603_thumb.jpg

Kuppla Yard showing that Dave did get at least one chance to operate his layout.

post-6943-127394146805_thumb.jpg

Jacksonville Yard with young Jack Gilbert at the helm.

post-6943-127394156181_thumb.jpg

Richard New with Harrington Industrial Spur.

post-6943-127394161668_thumb.jpg

A demonstration of excellent weathering techniques from Michael Ratledge (known to most as Rugby).

post-6943-127394207732_thumb.jpg

Chris Gilbert's Haston.

post-6943-127394220488_thumb.jpg

My very own Northpoint (yes, I know the layout has the same name as I do on the forum!)

post-6943-127394172422_thumb.jpg

13th St Yard with Jeff at the controls.

post-6943-127394177515_thumb.jpg

Steve G with Duncan's Mine. Unfortunately, he didn't find a buyer.

post-6943-127394187902_thumb.jpg

And last but not least, Nick Quinn's Wheelock Mill.

Once again, thanks to all that supported the event and here's to next year.

Archived