Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

You say you need a Booster, what controller are you using?, I've just bought a Sig na Track, (see a couple of pages back) and that's fine with the 08's and I've spoken to the firm that make them and the 5amp version is only £178 but mine seem quite adequate at the moment, I will know more once I've Sound fitted the 25 / 26.

The Dapol 08 runs great using my NCE powercab. But it wont power the Heljan 26.

Paul

26 looks great!

Any plans to weather it?

I know the temptation to fit as much track on as possible, and I'm guilty of having done it on dozens of occasions! Even going back to my Hornby set-track days, with a 4x8 board with about 1' square space for buildings. One of the reasons my new layout will be a BLT with 7 turnouts where I could have used 4-5. My excuse is I only have 2 real goods sidings though!

Merry Christmas for Sunday, and have a great new year! May 2017 see more of BV and Beale St!

Peter

• Like 2

The Dapol 08 runs great using my NCE powercab. But it wont power the Heljan 26.

Paul

Morning Paul, That is strange as even my basic Bachmann EZ DCC Controller works it fine, and I've also used that one at Shows with 3 Sound Steam Locos on Trebudoc. I will have to see what happens once I get Sound into it the 25 and 26's, although the Guy at Sig naTrack seem to think the 2.5amp unit I have will be fine, they only recommend their bigger Controller / 5amp, for big Roundy Layouts with lots of Sound Locos running.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Sorry if I've missed it in the thread but what brake van is that?? I've got a kit to build but was wondering if that was RTR?

Morning Scott, George T built this one and I think it's a Parkside one, if you check out his Workbench in the Kit Building section I'm sure he shows the Build, but it will be back last summer some time or just send him a PM, he may even read this and pick it up.

Last night it had a pair of squeaky axels, and that really enhanced the running with no Sound in the Loco yet.

26 looks great!

Any plans to weather it?

I know the temptation to fit as much track on as possible, and I'm guilty of having done it on dozens of occasions! Even going back to my Hornby set-track days, with a 4x8 board with about 1' square space for buildings. One of the reasons my new layout will be a BLT with 7 turnouts where I could have used 4-5. My excuse is I only have 2 real goods sidings though!

Merry Christmas for Sunday, and have a great new year! May 2017 see more of BV and Beale St!

Peter

Morning Peter, Yes to the Weathering of the 26, I need to fit the end details, and then the Sound, once that's done and I'm happy with both the running and the Sound then it will have a weathering like the ''OO'' sister did a couple of years back.

post-9335-0-27841300-1482481814_thumb.jpg

I must admit, I think Points make a Layout look busy, hahhah.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I was looking at the videos on Trebudoc and noticed this 

post #774 by Andy Peters

'Good Morning Duncan, thanks for that, I am starting to learn that LESS IS MORE, especially with O Gauge, a couple of nice locos, a few wagons and some nice scenics is all you need.

I saw and industrial O Gauge layout at one show, with an 08 and a couple of J94 types, about 8 wagons and it kept me hooked for ages,  it was only about 12 ft x 2 ft. just shows what can be done'

Obviously you don't need us to tell you

Don

I was looking at the videos on Trebudoc and noticed this 

post #774 by Andy Peters

'Good Morning Duncan, thanks for that, I am starting to learn that LESS IS MORE, especially with O Gauge, a couple of nice locos, a few wagons and some nice scenics is all you need.

I saw and industrial O Gauge layout at one show, with an 08 and a couple of J94 types, about 8 wagons and it kept me hooked for ages,  it was only about 12 ft x 2 ft. just shows what can be done'

Obviously you don't need us to tell you

Don

Yes your right Don, I think 5 Points will be the Maximum when I re lay it in the New Year,                  well maybe 6,             or 7                or 8 maybe!

Just had a look at a couple of early pics of Trebudoc, before I rebuilt it as a Station and it had just 2 Points.

post-9335-0-17897000-1482513851.jpg

post-9335-0-30778600-1482513866.jpg

Then I turned it around and added a Station and this is how it ended up.

post-9335-0-59442900-1482513959_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26447400-1482514042_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-17183300-1482514193_thumb.jpg

And the Scenic area was just 6ft X 2ft.

EDIT = To say that it is one of the featured Layouts in the New Hornby Magazine Year Book No 9, 2017 on Terminus Stations.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Morning Scott, George T built this one and I think it's a Parkside one, if you check out his Workbench in the Kit Building section I'm sure he shows the Build, but it will be back last summer some time or just send him a PM, he may even read this and pick it up.

Last night it had a pair of squeaky axels, and that really enhanced the running with no Sound in the Loco yet.

Thanks Andy,

I'll hunt it down, it may prove very useful.

• Like 1

Wow that looks so like the looe branch platform at Liskeard!

And a very happy Christmas to you, thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks Tony, and  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your Family my friend.

Yes your right Don, I think 5 Points will be the Maximum when I re lay it in the New Year,                  well maybe 6,             or 7                or 8 maybe!

You can always use them surplus in the marshalling fiddle yard coming off the hump. :locomotive:

Edited by Donington Road

Best wishes for Christmas Andy,and here`s to seeing your next O gauge layout develop....

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, and a Merry one to you as well.

I need to sit down after Christmas and really sort out what I want to do, looking at the Old pics above of the original Trebudoc I like that idea again. It didn't go down well at Shows as it wasn't PRETTY, but that doesn't mater at home.

Here's an interesting question; for a small home shunting Layout, DO YOU NEED A FIDDLE YARD? after all your only hiding it from yourself.

Probably not a yard as such.  Perhaps just one hidden siding at the rear where you exchange pre-madeup cassettes thus utilising the space where a fiddle yard would have been with more sidings to shunt on stage. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Thanks for all the help and inspiration over the year - have a Happy Christmas mate.

Here's an interesting question; for a small home shunting Layout, DO YOU NEED A FIDDLE YARD? after all your only hiding it from yourself.

Interesting comment - my test bed doesn't have a fiddle yard, just a single headshunt that goes 'off scene' - I've really struggled with it as a layout, as whatever went off had to come back on next, I didn't have the ability to change the wagons or locos with out lifting them on or off, which I don't like doing, so I'd say you need something, either a couple of sidings or a run-off into interchangeable cassettes, otherwise I think the enthusiasm for running will dip when the realism dips.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

Thanks Brian, and a Merry one to you as well.

I need to sit down after Christmas and really sort out what I want to do, looking at the Old pics above of the original Trebudoc I like that idea again. It didn't go down well at Shows as it wasn't PRETTY, but that doesn't mater at home.

I have to admit i prefered the original 'Trebudoc',but then i`m not much in the passenger stuff...!

I guess it depend`s what you want from your layout,and how much stock you`ll have.

An inglenook type layout does`nt need any staging and only has eight wagon`s max.

Brian.

• Like 1