Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Nice 26 Andy, will go well with the 25 and 08's.

What more do you need, Oh yes, troublesome trucks............. to push and pull around the yard.

Jinty ;)

I have three locos, one coach and one wagon (finished, that doesn't count the locos and coaches in progress).  What's wrong with wagons?  After all, they're cheap-er!

Van's, Van's, Van's YES I need some Vans, I have the 2 Dapol Wagons that you may have seen in the Yard and the Brake Van. I also have 3 Parkside kits to make up in the next couple of weeks, 2 X 16T Minerals and a Grampus, all courtesy of Craig / Muddys Blues. I've also ordered a Berry Wiggins Tanker, because I used to see them on the Isle of Grain in Kent when we lived down there, I certainly don't remember a clean one, so that should be fun. I also want a United Dairies Milk Tanker, I've just missed a cheap on of Flea Bay, I should have bought it last night.

I recon I will want about 20 different Wagons / Vans etc. to be able to ring the changes in the Yard and for Photos.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Hi Andy

May I suggest you renumber the BRCW Type 2. D5318 was an ex ER loco and did not have the recess for the tablet catcher and it had oval buffers.

Thanks Clive, I'll send it down tomorrow for you to do.......................................... :nono:

TBH I'm really not that bothered mate, a Green Loco is a Green Loco and I may even do the Snow Ploughs in Pink, :O  hahhah.

Thanks for the info anyway mate, I may change it one day, or get it sprayed BR Blue, (a PROPPER COLOUR). :sungum:

I do like the 26.....but it`s making me regret getting rid of the one i had about 12 months ago... :resent:

Although i might have had a hard time justifying it on a trip working from Bescot to my scrap yard!.

Brian.

• Like 1

Whats happening today Bodgit ? any track laying 0 or 00..

Morning Mate, yes some OO Track laying today, I've made a good start and it's coming on really well. Then I'll see what I'm in the mood for later after Lunch and a walk with the Dog for some much needed fresh air.

• Like 1

Morning mate, not on Willsbridge, :O  but on a new project :no: , I'm not going roundy now and Wills had a lot of crud on it since the flood. I doubt that I'll start a thread on it as it's not going to be very interesting, just a Mainline Terminus, (Bristol Victoria) Depot and Yard, with out of the box stuff, no scratchbuilding or fancy Track making from me I'm afraid.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just catching up Andy, another nice addiction there mate, my chip arrived of Lfc Paul today, just need to fit it (and maybe build some courage up to fit the stay alive) then test it although I've no track yet :O might need to mock something up ;)

Looking forward to the next instalment.

• Like 4

Just catching up Andy, another nice addiction there mate, my chip arrived of Lfc Paul today, just need to fit it (and maybe build some courage up to fit the stay alive) then test it although I've no track yet :O might need to mock something up ;)

Is your Chip for the 08, Paul?

No new instalments at the moment mate.

• RMweb Premium

Addiction/addition?

• Like 1

Here's a repeat of a post I put on GeorgeT's workbench thread, it's worth repeating on here I feel.

I'm a great admirer of the many talented modellers out there both currently and in a previous life who have decided to Build a Model of XYZ, then stuck to that for most if not all of their lives. Look at Frank Dyer and his many incarnations of Borchester, Rev Peter Denny with Buckingham Great Central, and currently there are people like John Flann with his wonderful Hintock and Jim / Aberdare with Hemyok, then there are massive projects on here such as Peterborough North, and Grantham. They all have one thing in common, and that is a single minded determination to take up a challenge and see it through to the end, and one other thing that is interesting with all the above, and that is the word MOJO, you never read on here or see any signs that the Mojo has taken leave, I wonder why that is?

Here's a repeat of a post I put on GeorgeT's workbench thread, it's worth repeating on here I feel.

I'm a great admirer of the many talented modellers out there both currently and in a previous life who have decided to Build a Model of XYZ, then stuck to that for most if not all of their lives. Look at Frank Dyer and his many incarnations of Borchester, Rev Peter Denny with Buckingham Great Central, and currently there are people like John Flann with his wonderful Hintock and Jim / Aberdare with Hemyok, then there are massive projects on here such as Peterborough North, and Grantham. They all have one thing in common, and that is a single minded determination to take up a challenge and see it through to the end, and one other thing that is interesting with all the above, and that is the word MOJO, you never read on here or see any signs that the Mojo has taken leave, I wonder why that is?

Andy,

There are other names that I would add to the list of inspiring greats such as David Jenkinson (Marthwaite, Garsdale Road, Kendal Castle), Max Pyrke (Berrow), Derek Naylor (Aire Valley) and P D Hancock (Craig & Mertonford). I also admire those modellers that are continuously building successions of small, but engaging layouts that show what can be achieved in a limited space. They include Iain Rice and Ian Futers. My 4mm scale Abersoch and Boduan Junction theme kept me going from 1988 through until the demolition of Boduan Junction in early 2014 to make way for my 0 gauge Cwm Bach and Abersoch in April this year to make way for Tonfanau Camp in 0 gauge. It is very encouraging to see new generations coming through who are able to exploit the fruits of modern technology, materials and techniques to produce layouts of stunning realism. However, I will always have a great affection for the great layouts of the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies with their certain home-spun atmosphere when no one worried about point rodding. 

I keep my interest up by having a variety of different projects on the go at any one time so that I can switch between them if interest starts to flag, especially on tedious or repetitive tasks such as builldidng baseboards, wiring or ballasting. Sometimes, I will also do something that has no connection with the current layout projects simply because I like the subject. The most important thing is to ensure that what we do is fun and makes us happy, which is why I never set deadlines and I am Rule One evangelist.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 7

'Max Pyrke (Berrow)'

That brings back some memories,i seem to remember reading about that layout (many times over) in a magazine from my youth.

I think it was in the railway modeller magazine.....

I`m going to have to have a look for it now..!

Brian.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Andy your Mojo doesn't wane rather it just moves onto some new idea fermenting in your thoughts. Some of these lifetime layouts have grown over the years the basic plan for Buckingham remained the same for many years but the stations were changed an altered over time so the final result was quite different to the start. Similarly Berrow went through several versions at one point having a through station Midford before shrinking back to Berow and the tiny East Brent hiding the FY.

Don

• Like 1

Andy,

There are other names that I would add to the list of inspiring greats such as David Jenkinson (Marthwaite, Garsdale Road, Kendal Castle), Max Pyrke (Berrow), Derek Naylor (Aire Valley) and P D Hancock (Craig & Mertonford). I also admire those modellers that are continuously building successions of small, but engaging layouts that show what can be achieved in a limited space. They include Iain Rice and Ian Futers. My 4mm scale Abersoch and Boduan Junction theme kept me going from 1988 through until the demolition of Boduan Junction in early 2014 to make way for my 0 gauge Cwm Bach and Abersoch in April this year to make way for Tonfanau Camp in 0 gauge. It is very encouraging to see new generations coming through who are able to exploit the fruits of modern technology, materials and techniques to produce layouts of stunning realism. However, I will always have a great affection for the great layouts of the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies with their certain home-spun atmosphere when no one worried about point rodding. 

I keep my interest up by having a variety of different projects on the go at any one time so that I can switch between them if interest starts to flag, especially on tedious or repetitive tasks such as builldidng baseboards, wiring or ballasting. Sometimes, I will also do something that has no connection with the current layout projects simply because I like the subject. The most important thing is to ensure that what we do is fun and makes us happy, which is why I never set deadlines and I am Rule One evangelist.

Regards,

Chris

Ahh yes Chris, David Jenkinson, Mac Pyrke and P.D. Hancock, Ian's Rice and Futers, I remember them all, I still have most of the R.M. articles by Mac Pryke and the Berrow Branch as well.

As for 2 or more Layouts, that is something I've always done for the very reasons you have stated, and will continue to do so with Beale St and an OO Project, (probably called Bristol Victoria) which I have already started.

Since doing Pencarne, I do like the idea of Trains arriving from, and going to actual locations, and having a reason for the journey..

Thanks for reminding me of the above.

• Like 4

'Max Pyrke (Berrow)'

That brings back some memories,i seem to remember reading about that layout (many times over) in a magazine from my youth.

I think it was in the railway modeller magazine.....

I`m going to have to have a look for it now..!

Brian.

Andy your Mojo doesn't wane rather it just moves onto some new idea fermenting in your thoughts. Some of these lifetime layouts have grown over the years the basic plan for Buckingham remained the same for many years but the stations were changed an altered over time so the final result was quite different to the start. Similarly Berrow went through several versions at one point having a through station Midford before shrinking back to Berow and the tiny East Brent hiding the FY.

Don

Berrow of course was a true classic Small Layout that lasted a lifetime, and yet is still regarded as inspirational today.

• Like 2

I found a pdf file on the www that has combined all of the "Aire Valley Adventure" articles published in the Railway Modeller in 1972 and 1973. I remember copying the "The Royal Butterfyl" pub at Stoneyridge when I was 14 using balsa wood and the same pattern of Superquick stone paper. The pdf file is too big to post on RMWeb, but here is a link to the webpage:  http://tbmod.com/rm/Aire%20Valley%20Adventure%20series.pdf

• Like 3

You could also add Norman Eagles to the list. His Sherwood Section built way back in the 50's had loads of atmosphere despite being course scale. It certainly inspired a very young me!  What about Crewchester built by Jack Ray? Another inspiring series of articles in RM.

Rod