Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

What's happened to the Layout that I wanted mate?

Well Andy it's still here in the 'Land of the Darkside' .........sure you can't be tempted ......

post-5136-0-72759800-1512343004.jpg

post-5136-0-42774900-1512343065.jpg

post-5136-0-30003500-1512343098.jpg

post-5136-0-03584700-1512343177.jpg

post-5136-0-05823700-1512343199.jpg

Packs up into a coffin for easy transport . As you know it was built as a German layout but could soon be turned into a UK layout .... Will be putting on Ebay this week if anyone's interested Wired for DCC operation ready for sound !!!!!!

What's happened to the Layout that I wanted mate?

Well Andy it's still here in the 'Land of the Darkside' .........sure you can't be tempted ......

post-5136-0-72759800-1512343004.jpg

post-5136-0-42774900-1512343065.jpg

post-5136-0-30003500-1512343098.jpg

post-5136-0-03584700-1512343177.jpg

post-5136-0-05823700-1512343199.jpg

Packs up into a coffin for easy transport . As you know it was built as a German layout but could soon be turned into a UK layout .... Will be putting on Ebay this week if anyone's interested Wired for DCC operation ready for sound !!!!!!

• Like 7

Your forgetting build,play,sell repeat lol

I like the idea of the extension ,you could use both or either one with a fiddle yard so 3 layouts in al

As you say Brian,

PS on it's own, 6ft long

PS and Station Extension, 12ft long plus extra bit of sector plate.

New Fiddle Yard and New Station Extension. ???

Now here's a thought; :O

Make the new extension as a BLT but with the option of another F/Y the other side as well. :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

attachicon.gif0 gauge layout 007 (800x709).jpg

attachicon.gifo gauge 006 (800x565).jpg

attachicon.gif001 (800x521).jpg

attachicon.gif012 (800x680).jpg

attachicon.gifo gauge 001 (591x800).jpg

attachicon.gif0 gauge layout 007 (800x709).jpg

attachicon.gifo gauge 006 (800x565).jpg

attachicon.gif001 (800x521).jpg

attachicon.gif012 (800x680).jpg

attachicon.gifo gauge 001 (591x800).jpg

Now that IS a proper nice Layout, but without ripping out KM  I just simply couldn't do it justice.

DON'T FORGET, it's all Tortiese point motors as well and superbly made IMHO.

Now that IS a proper nice Layout, but without ripping out KM  I just simply couldn't do it justice.

DON'T FORGET, it's all Tortiese point motors as well and superbly made IMHO.

Speaking as one of the two who built it, along with Pete Wurcbacher, I take that as a real compliment. Trevor

• Like 1

As you say Brian,

PS on it's own, 6ft long

PS and Station Extension, 12ft long plus extra bit of sector plate.

New Fiddle Yard and New Station Extension. ???

Now here's a thought; :O

Make the new extension as a BLT but with the option of another F/Y the other side as well. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :sungum:[/quote

I think it’s a good idea ,you could extend at your leisure,they could all be one layout or just used in part ,a kind of modular layout

Brian

Hahah, See my Deesdale Road, it started as 4ft 6'' PLUS 2ft F/Y, it's now 22ft.

Speaking as one of the two who built it, along with Pete Wurcbacher, I take that as a real compliment. Trevor

Yes Trevor, I was very impressed by both the Build quality and the running, if only I had a shed that was a ft longer, or somewhere to work on it. 

With today's duties done, (Mother to Dentist) I'm off back outside now, but a little doodling over Lunch, (that's DOODLING as it drawing, NOT dribbling as in Old Man) I think the longer Platform of about 4 ft would look more prototypical, even though the longest Passenger Train will only be the B Set.

post-9335-0-75522800-1512396428_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Just had a measure up and the Plan 2A above won't work.

The reason is that I can only get a 5ft 6'' board into the Storage area, (lower shelf) by shortening it just 6 inches means there isn't room for a B Set between the Points so it's back to the Drawing Board I'm afraid.

...with the thoughts of going around the bend. :onthequiet:  :no:

No need Andy, you're already there!!!!!!!!    :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

I was going to suggest more of an 'L' shape, maybe the fiddle yard on the shortest side?????

What about the scenic break being a bridge with the station platform immediately there (maybe station building on the bridge with staircase down to platform), then the fiddle yard will serve as run round too!!! Goods yard can be after the platform with some facilities alongside.................. Just an idea!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

No need Andy, you're already there!!!!!!!!    :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

I was going to suggest more of an 'L' shape, maybe the fiddle yard on the shortest side?????

What about the scenic break being a bridge with the station platform immediately there (maybe station building on the bridge with staircase down to platform), then the fiddle yard will serve as run round too!!! Goods yard can be after the platform with some facilities alongside.................. Just an idea!

Jinty ;)

I can't do the L as I still have the OO in the way and that is staying for the enforceable future. If I do the Station and use the F/Y as a run around I would need to scrap / sell / get rid of, Penybont Sidings as I haven't the room for 3 Base Boards in the Shed with the OO.

Quandary. :scared:

Scrap that fiffy faffy OO stuff, and fill your shed with 7mm goodies  :sungum:

Best regards one of the other Welsh voices in your head !!!

A mate of mine at the Club built Camden Shed that was at the Manchester Show last weekend, now that with a fleet of Black 5's, Jubilee's etc would be good if I won the Lottery.

I still get great satisfaction from seeing long freight running past the Hills and over the Canal on KM.

wona buy some O GAUGE? HAHHAH

Ok, just to add fuel to the fire!!!!!

Just something I was considering before I got extended building rights from senior management.

post-14906-0-16040700-1512420226_thumb.jpg

Might work, not sure on what space you have available, and it's a complete removal from the idea of joining onto the sidings module. But I just thought I'd post it to give an alternative idea that can be extended in the future, but as we discussed on the phone, there isn't much of a run for the B'set. Although shunting could be interesting having sidings either side of the platform!!!!

Hope it doesn't cook your head too much.........................

Jinty ;)

• Like 4

Ok, just to add fuel to the fire!!!!!

Just something I was considering before I got extended building rights from senior management.

attachicon.gifPlan Andy001.jpg

Might work, not sure on what space you have available, and it's a complete removal from the idea of joining onto the sidings module. But I just thought I'd post it to give an alternative idea that can be extended in the future, but as we discussed on the phone, there isn't much of a run for the B'set. Although shunting could be interesting having sidings either side of the platform!!!!

Hope it doesn't cook your head too much.........................

Jinty ;)

Great plan mate, but I think I'll stick to your idea from our phone chat earlier. Keep PS as it is, and use the B  Set at the Club until I decide to convert Kings Moreton to BROAD GAUGE, and a U Shaped BLT. :sungum: haha.

Guest Q663389

With today's duties done, (Mother to Dentist) I'm off back outside now, but a little doodling over Lunch, (that's DOODLING as it drawing, NOT dribbling as in Old Man) I think the longer Platform of about 4 ft would look more prototypical, even though the longest Passenger Train will only be the B Set.

attachicon.gifPlan 2A.png

Agree. Please make it so.