Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Today I managed to get the Track weathered and the next stage is some weeds and scenic's. PLUS I must finish that Signal Box.

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (7).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (1).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (2).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (3).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (4).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (5).JPG

attachicon.gifTrack Weathered (6).JPG

I've been quietly following this one Andy and very nice too !

May I ask what ballast you've used for the track as its looking very authentic to my eyes.

Grahame

My wonderful springer was called Yo Yo

attachicon.gif001.JPG

Cracking dog there Clive, it's all our family have ever had.

I did once suggest to my parents once we should call the last one STAY.

They weren't that keen, especially when you took him out and kept calling "Here , Stay ! " it'd totally mess him up !!!

Edited by bgman
  • Like 3

Like the look of this Andy

Nice and Simple but the level crossing gives it character

Looking good mate

Brian

Cheers Brian, I didn't have room for Points this time, so simple it had to be,

I first used the Level Crossing idea on St Budoc.

post-9335-0-19291100-1511467696_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88526100-1511467853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

I've been quietly following this one Andy and very nice too !

May I ask what ballast you've used for the track as its looking very authentic to my eyes.

Grahame

Thanks Grahame, It's actually from a mate who works for a company that grinds Aggregate amongst other things, so gets it for Club members, but it's very much like Woodlands Scenics Medium grade. 

• Like 1

Now that's an idea Andy, how many add on boards can you use ?  (Hahahahaha) remember that's how 'Deesdale' started (Hahahaha), really looking good Mate...love the ballasting and the colours...

Thanks, Yes Deesdale started at 4.5ft and is now 22ft.

For the weathering, I started off with Hull Red, this was applied along the Rail sides and Ballast to show rusty Rails and stains. I then gave it a Light dusting with Grey to tone down the Sleepers into more of a bleached wood colour. Then a darker mix of Nato Grey with a little Flat Black for down the centre of the Sleepers. Finally with a little Flat Earth I went along the outsides of the Sleepers and some areas of Ballast. All the Paints were Tamyia Acrylics.

If the box is no longer in use they’d have stripped the insides of anything I value

When the worsbough branch shut ,they’d stripped the signalbox interiors within days to stop theft

I’ve seen a pic of a box on the line left to rot I’ll see if I can find it

Brian

Thanks for the PM and pic Brian, As I said in the reply, I intend to build the Box to the best of my (limited) ability and then see how it turns out, if it's really, and I mean REALLY bad then I will have it either as burnt out or derelict.

Cheers.

Sorry Andy I forgot to ask, which decoder have you fitted, Zimo or Loksound ?

I'm guessing it might be a Zimo with the amount of control you have over the loco.

Sorry Andy I forgot to ask, which decoder have you fitted, Zimo or Loksound ?

I'm guessing it might be a Zimo with the amount of control you have over the loco.

I think  that it's a Zimo, I that that is all that Paul Chetter uses, and yes the control is superb.

Well if that little video doesn't convince modellers sitting on the fence to make the leap into O gauge l don't know what will ? you have a great RTR Jinty and a  Paul Chetter sound chip for just shy of £300 a hand full of wagons and six yards of track and you have a great little layout where you can shunt all day ...what more do you need ?... great video buddy.....

Great video Andy, I didn't have the info sheet when I run mine, obviously there are a lot more sound functions on it to explore for me as I hear from yours.

I have the sheet now to print off.

But as George says above, what more is needed, excellent Andy.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Andy much appreciated, seems I'll have to pinch one of mine and get it re-blown for my Pannier now ! O Gauge of course :)

Grahame

Hi Grahame, I've heard the Pannier on Jintymans site, and in the flesh on my visit a couple of weeks ago, it's superb.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Excellent video, reminded me of when I used to ride in the cab of sister engine 47500 when on Station Duties at Bletchley early 60s.

Thanks David, The only one I've ever seen is the one at the Great Central, loved it first time I heard it.

Edited by Andrew P

Well if that little video doesn't convince modellers sitting on the fence to make the leap into O gauge l don't know what will ? you have a great RTR Jinty and a  Paul Chetter sound chip for just shy of £300 a hand full of wagons and six yards of track and you have a great little layout where you can shunt all day ...what more do you need ?... great video buddy.....

Cheers mate, I'm just up-loading on to You Tube a Shunting Video, using the Playing Cards, I didn't smile but really did enjoy it.

• Like 2

Great video Andy, I didn't have the info sheet when I run mine, obviously there are a lot more sound functions on it to explore for me as I hear from yours.

I have the sheet now to print off.

But as George says above, what more is needed, excellent Andy.

Jinty ;)

And there's another one coming very soon, this time with WAGONS! :sungum:

• Like 1

I got word today that my Dapol autocoach with lights is on its way.  A bit more expensive than a couple of wagons, but coupled to an RTR 14XX (which has been announced) this is more evidence that small is good in Gauge O.

Great video of the Jinty (Dobbin in my slang territory!)

Paul

• Like 1