Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

With the lack of hourly videos of noisy blue diesels on Kings Thingy I thought I would check on 'ere to see what you have been a doing...... A BIG order, does that mean you have sold your soul and 4mm stuff?

Are we to be wringing out our hankies where we have been crying because of the demise of Kings Thingy? 

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold

So now a start on the Board 2 / the Station Board.

The MESS.

attachicon.gifIMG_4150.JPG

The Tracks were laid out roughly in position to see how it looked. I have a gentle curve through the Station, then it turns slightly the other way to go over the Level Crossing to exit the board at 90 degrees, to enable a further board to be added at some stage should I or someone else desire.

There is also room for a Loco to use the Head Shunt without opening the Gates which is a real bonus as well.

attachicon.gifIMG_4151.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4152.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4153.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4154.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4155.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4156.JPG

That's it for today now. Next job, modify the Points ready for fitting, although I'm still waiting for a Y Point that will be here Thursday.

I like the idea of a crossing as a scene break. A great way to "end the line" without a buffer.

mmm...got me thinking.

With the lack of hourly videos of noisy blue diesels on Kings Thingy I thought I would check on 'ere to see what you have been a doing...... A BIG order, does that mean you have sold your soul and 4mm stuff?

Are we to be wringing out our hankies where we have been crying because of the demise of Kings Thingy? 

Hi Clive, Kings Thingy will be back, :sungum:  but I know nothing about DMU's so keeping out of the way for now. :stinker: 

Once I have something positive to post on there I will, but in the meantime, I'm here and doing bits.

Well not true actually, I've spent the morning at an Art Club, and will be back in the TOPS tomorrow to modify the Points, (and hopefully pick up the Y Point from Tutbury) and then I can fit them over the weekend, or early next week.

Cheers Mate.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Clive, Kings Thingy will be back, :sungum:  but I know nothing about DMU's so keeping out of the way for now. :stinker:

Once I have something positive to post on there I will, but in the meantime, I'm here and doing bits.

Well not true actually, I've spent the morning at an Art Club, and will be back in the TOPS tomorrow to modify the Points, (and hopefully pick up the Y Point from Tutbury) and then I can fit them over the weekend, or early next week.

Cheers Mate.

Ahhh The humble DMU , the killer of the steam branch line. :cry:  I think I need to teach you about them. :rtfm:

Lesson number 1, they don't need an n-gin on the front. :no:

There you go, all the information you need to know about them. :imsohappy:

Cheers Mate.

Andy has no one told you, them there "experts" clearly don't know DMUs either. Otherwise the debate wouldn't have carried on so long.

Back in the late 60's I decided there were Blue units, or Blue/Grey if they were meant to be up market. I thought (think) thats enough differentiation,

especially as they had just ousted steam. Unfortunately it means I took far less notice of railways, and hence hydraulics  than I should. Story of

my railway life - just too late at every stage. (Wonder what I'm missing now?)

Actually I did realise this morning that Easter was gone & I'd missed the chance to visit you club show, and all because of a miserable cold. Did it go well,

you obviously didn't overdo it.

All the best

Edited by Mulgabill

Andy has no one told you, them there "experts" clearly don't know DMUs either. Otherwise the debate wouldn't have carried on so long.

Back in the late 60's I decided there were Blue units, or Blue/Grey if they were meant to be up market. I thought (think) thats enough differentiation,

especially as they had just ousted steam. Unfortunately it means I took far less notice of railways, and hence hydraulics  than I should. Story of

my railway life - just too late at every stage. (Wonder what I'm missing now?)

Actually I did realise this morning that Easter was gone & I'd missed the chance to visit you club show, and all because of a miserable cold. Did it go well,

you obviously didn't overdo it.

All the best

Cheers Tony, Don't start the DMU debate on here or I'll close it all down, hahah :no:  :no: 

I only went up to the Club for about an hour on the Monday, I think it seem to be going fine, quite a few Visitors there whilst I was there, (didn't even get any cake).

• RMweb Gold

Slightly off topic but sorry about that Andy - following the problem of the MP weekend and the threatened 'wet out's Easter not so many members brought in cakes ... so we did just about run out.  The advantage ... no waste.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

See wot 'appens when there s no King Thingy updates, I forget about coming to get me Easter egg off you. Well I couldn't I was busy having fun and playing trains in York.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic but sorry about that Andy - following the problem of the MP weekend and the threatened 'wet out's Easter not so many members brought in cakes ... so we did just about run out.  The advantage ... no waste.

Peter

No Andy. :sungum:  If I'd been there we would have run out of cakes by Lunchtime.  :no:  :no:  :no:

Edited by Andrew P

See wot 'appens when there s no King Thingy updates, I forget about coming to get me Easter egg off you. Well I couldn't I was busy having fun and playing trains in York.

How dat happen both me and Peter managed to double post?

Been to the York show a few times and enjoyed it, but not been now for about 12  years.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That first photo of the 64 running on a bit of track laid on Kings thingy was a surprise. I thought you might be going to rip the 00 up and lay some 0 gauge on there!  0 Gauge and Blackpool must be Dave Brewer  usually good prices from him. The 45xx I assume. I would like one myself but they don't do an early version so I may as well stick with the Springside one I have. All looking good on the layout.

Don

That first photo of the 64 running on a bit of track laid on Kings thingy was a surprise. I thought you might be going to rip the 00 up and lay some 0 gauge on there!  0 Gauge and Blackpool must be Dave Brewer  usually good prices from him. The 45xx I assume. I would like one myself but they don't do an early version so I may as well stick with the Springside one I have. All looking good on the layout.

Don

Cheers Don, I will be ordering the 45XX soon, should have done it today really, but it's a whole host of bits I need to enhance Pen Y Bont.

As for ripping up KM and laying O Gauge, the idea has been muted, in fact it has been MORE than muted, but not for a while yet. P will be finished first, then I might offer that and KM for sale and re do a Trebudoc style BLT, again set in Wales / Llyn Tegid. Might just need some BIGGER fencing though, :O hahha

post-9335-0-94240400-1523465455_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Cheers Don, I will be ordering the 45XX soon, should have done it today really, but it's a whole host of bits I need to enhance Pen Y Bont.

As for ripping up KM and laying O Gauge, the idea has been muted, in fact it has been MORE than muted, but not for a while yet. P will be finished first, then I might offer that and KM for sale and re do a Trebudoc style BLT, again set in Wales / Llyn Tegid. Might just need some BIGGER fencing though, :O hahha

attachicon.gifO on KM 004 - Copy.JPG

Does that kettle thingy 'me bob loco clickety clack a lot along that track ?  :onthequiet: ...... that small scale layout is just begging to be ripped up  :O

Best regards

Craig.

Does that kettle thingy 'me bob loco clickety clack a lot along that track :onthequiet: ...... that small scale layout is just begging to be ripped up  :O

Best regards

Craig.

Only if I try and put the power on mate, hahah :nono: 

Back in the 80's I filmed a normal service to Blaenau with a Class 47 hauling a 3-car DMU. The DMU ran much better and didn't rattle.

I've seen books in Bala Library about the Line, but never any showing any Diesel's going through Bala.

I've seen books in Bala Library about the Line, but never any showing any Diesel's going through Bala.

I think Coachman means the Ex LNWR line from Llandudno Junction to Blaenau.

We get quite a few steam specials up that line still, and I must try to get to see and photograph them this summer more, as it's a very picturesque line.

Jinty ;)

Back in the 80's I filmed a normal service to Blaenau with a Class 47 hauling a 3-car DMU. The DMU ran much better and didn't rattle.

We get quite a few steam specials up that line still, and I must try to get to see and photograph them this summer more, as it's a very picturesque line.

Jinty ;)

Doohhh, :O  Yes of course, :no:  we stayed at Llanrwst one year, and I went along by Train to Llandudno Jct, then on to Llandudno, and then by Car up to Betws Y Coed, really nice area. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

Jinty ;)

Poor Andy P. gets confused by mid afternoon if he doesn't get his sleep and forgets a train passing Bala in the 80's would get rather wet before reaching Blaenau.

As for steam specials up the Conway Valley, someone told me there wasn't much happening this year.

• Like 1