Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Not sure I fancy a 14XX / 48XX. My next Baby should be the 45XX and then THAT'S IT, :O NO MORE PURCHASES, :no:  :no: well maybe a Minerva 57XX later on. :sungum:

Hi Paul, and thanks, No I won't be having a 122, there is no operational interest to me for that on the small Branch, I prefer the Loco Hauled for running around etc, now a Cl 22, that would be good.

Buckling already then ?  :O  :jester:

Ah! Go on, Go on, Go on 

So, today I started Pt 1 of Phase 2, ( could there be more? Phase 3 the other side of the Level Crossing?)

Anyway as I said, Pt 1 of Phase 2, and it started with the essential ingredients.

post-9335-0-87871600-1522426894_thumb.jpg

And that made this.

post-9335-0-21134400-1522426929_thumb.jpg

Then attached to this.

post-9335-0-14684300-1522426970_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40625800-1522426994_thumb.jpg

Then tried a bit of this as well.

post-9335-0-49777200-1522427067_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65674800-1522427095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Andy

You know I like follow your methods.

I've seen reference before to 4" nails - but please can ask. Do they work better if bent?

This could be what I'm missing.

All the best.

Hahah I never throw anything away, in fact they were my Dads, and he passed away in 1987, I have about a dozen, most BENT. :no:  :sungum:

Surely you need a bigger hammer than that.  :senile:

John

Got one, just couldn't lay my hands on it today. hahah :stinker:

Andy

You'll be making your first purchase from Little Loco then - the CL22 looks a stunner

Paul R

I've missed that, need to have a look, thanks.

Go to the topic on RMWeb -last time I looked it was not on their web site.

Promises to be a winning model. I have 2 of their Class 15's and I am well impressed

Paul R

Yes, had a look Paul, but looked a little expensive for now, I don't doubt they are superb, and I've see Cl 15's running at our Club.

Cheers mate.

Some little people arrived this morning, No not from Ireland, but from Blackpool, some Drivers and Firemen for the Loco Fleet, plus a Stationmaster, pics after the weekend.

A Stationmaster?

You need a station for one of those, and you haven't even got any platforms to stand on, let alone a station!!! ;)

Jinty ;)

A Stationmaster?

You need a station for one of those, and you haven't even got any platforms to stand on, let alone a station!!! ;)

Jinty ;)

To shay,  :no:  :no: hahhaha, got your own back then matey, :sungum: hahhha, still bet mine's done before yours, haha :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

I also fitted a Back panel today, along with a low contoured fascia, that will be just for Grass embankment along the front.

post-9335-0-79134800-1522518247_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07348800-1522518270_thumb.jpg

Then a lip under the joining end for the original board to rest on, there will be over centre latches at the board join.

post-9335-0-34708400-1522518350_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

Many thanks for the photo Andy.

I have been wondering how what they looked like. I have been using Detailed Minatures as Tower don't show pic's of these on their site.

You make excellent progress.

Those look good Andy.  I would suggest a black wash to take the toylike look away.

John

Cheers Guys, yes a Matt Black wash will help to tone them down a bit, and once inside the Cabs they will hardly be seen.

• Like 2

Jintyman, on 31 Mar 2018 - 18:27, said:

A Stationmaster?

Jinty ;)

To shay, :no: :no: hahhaha, got your own back then matey, :sungum: hahhha, still bet mine's done before yours, haha :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

Now now Ladies, stop the bickering !!!!

Craig

Edited by muddys-blues

Jintyman, on 31 Mar 2018 - 18:27, said:

A Stationmaster?

Jinty ;)

To shay, :no: :no: hahhaha, got your own back then matey, :sungum: hahhha, still bet mine's done before yours, haha :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

Now now Ladies, stop the bickering !!!!

Craig

It may not be actually, this is going to be a very slow build, not quite sure how I'll do the Platform yet, my method of late has been 18mm MDF for the ''OO'' Layouts, but it would need that and a bit thicker for ''O'' and would make it to heavy.

It will need to be open frame, so I'll probably go for Balsa Wood, or 2 or 3 mm Ply.

Loads to do before I get to that stage, lay the Track, modify the Points, wire it all up and see if it works.

The Point Motors will be Traintronic TT300's as I used on West Shed, a little noisier than Cobolt or Tortoise, but DCC Ready and so will be worked off the controller to save wiring and switches, this will also mean NO control panel, so the Layout can be worked from the front or the back. 

The Points will only need 3 set up, as the Point at the  end of the Platform and the adjoining one in the Goods Yard will be worked as one, as per a prototype I suspect.

I need to work out the size of the Station Building area, so that I can let George, (GeorgeT of this Parish) know what size I need. I've studdied many buildings, and I'd like something different from Trebudoc, possibly Timber Built, but the jury is still out on that one.

More again soon, off to the Vets, the Dogs not well.

It may not be actually, this is going to be a very slow build, not quite sure how I'll do the Platform yet, my method of late has been 18mm MDF for the ''OO'' Layouts, but it would need that and a bit thicker for ''O'' and would make it to heavy.

It will need to be open frame, so I'll probably go for Balsa Wood, or 2 or 3 mm Ply.

Loads to do before I get to that stage, lay the Track, modify the Points, wire it all up and see if it works.

The Point Motors will be Traintronic TT300's as I used on West Shed, a little noisier than Cobolt or Tortoise, but DCC Ready and so will be worked off the controller to save wiring and switches, this will also mean NO control panel, so the Layout can be worked from the front or the back. 

The Points will only need 3 set up, as the Point at the  end of the Platform and the adjoining one in the Goods Yard will be worked as one, as per a prototype I suspect.

I need to work out the size of the Station Building area, so that I can let George, (GeorgeT of this Parish) know what size I need. I've studdied many buildings, and I'd like something different from Trebudoc, possibly Timber Built, but the jury is still out on that one.

More again soon, off to the Vets, the Dogs not well.

Hope the dog is better soon, not nice to see pets poorly.

I am using 3mm ply for my platform edging which will be covered on the visible side by Slaters random stone.

I intend to make a proper framework before I place my platform surface onto it.

Not sure yet what to use for the surface, but I'm leaning towards either thin ply or thick plastikard.

I had my framework laser cut at 30mm high x 2' lengths to take into account the 4mm cork between the baseboard and the track. This was cut by Phil at Intentio for me and was very reasonable cost wise. It may be worth contacting him and asking the question Andy.

Jinty ;)

Yes hope the pooch is okay Andy

Craig

Hope the dog is better soon, not nice to see pets poorly.

I am using 3mm ply for my platform edging which will be covered on the visible side by Slaters random stone.

I intend to make a proper framework before I place my platform surface onto it.

Not sure yet what to use for the surface, but I'm leaning towards either thin ply or thick plastikard.

I had my framework laser cut at 30mm high x 2' lengths to take into account the 4mm cork between the baseboard and the track. This was cut by Phil at Intentio for me and was very reasonable cost wise. It may be worth contacting him and asking the question Andy.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Muddy's and Jint's, your concerns about the Dog is appreciated, she has been seen by the Vet, (double Sunday rate for the Bank Holiday, over £100) she has a red sore tummy and is shaking all the time. She now has some Med's to try, no real diagnosis.

Back to the Platform, and thanks Jints for the ideas to look at eventually.

• Like 1