Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Looking good, I really must sort something out for my traverser/sector plate.....rather than just the current 'black hole'!

Take things steady.

Sawdust is a good scenic material so don't throw it away!

• Like 2

You are not called Bodgit for nothing Andy hahaha the cap fits you so well hahaha, being serious now mate, its looking good....

Thanks George, just a shame it has to come off each time for storage, but that is the same with almost any none fixed Layout.

I hope to lay the Tracks on there over the next few days, by then my Left Hand Points should be here for the Dairy Siding, I needed two, one's coming from Larry / Coachman and one through Tutbury Models / Peco, and then I can start on the New Board. The Point Motors have been dispatched so they should be here by the weekend.

I sent you some pics of the sort of Station building I want, but will let you have some more ideas and dimensions once I have the Tracks in place to see how big the Platform will be.

Nothing doing much today as I'm off to Cardiac Rehab shortly.

Cheers mate.

Looking good, I really must sort something out for my traverser/sector plate.....rather than just the current 'black hole'!

Take things steady.

Sawdust is a good scenic material so don't throw it away!

Cheers Kevin, about a hundred years ago I would have put it into a tray with some Woolworths Dye and made it lime green for grass, thank goodness we have moved on from that.

Hope all goes well at CR today Andy, and I hope the nurses make your heart rate race, just a little !

Can I ask what method you've used to pivot that nice board in the piccies above mate.

Grahame

Hope all goes well at CR today Andy, and I hope the nurses make your heart rate race, just a little !

Can I ask what method you've used to pivot that nice board in the piccies above mate.

Grahame

Thanks Grahame, it just a Bolt, it was a screw but the bolt is just a push in so no screwdriver reqd.

After the Cardiac Torture Chamber and a Nurse / instructor with a particularly nice rear end, (front, middle and top weren't bad either), an exhausted old man got home for a rest.

Later / MUCH later I ventured into TOPS, and decided to offer up the three F/Y Tracks, a Loco or Wagon would need to be removed from the Centre Track when using the Run around / Goods Yard exit Line to the front Track, and although a nuisance, I can live with that.

The Tracks still need straightening but at least they work.

post-9335-0-36769500-1522859458_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73154000-1522859490_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-56742600-1522859527_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10047100-1522859603_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40696200-1522859643_thumb.jpg

God bless the Hot Glue Gun.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

I

We drive along the Bala-Trawsfynnyd road a lot and every time I pass the viaduct I think "next time".  The road post dates the railway and is one of the best kept secrets in North Wales, capable of being driven at the speed limit unless there are tourists around.

Our neighbours in Borth y Gest had a newsagents in Bala and used the road every day once they decided to build their house in ByG.  It was occasionally closed by snow drifts, they tell me.  In my earlier days we used to drive to Porthmadog (Portmadoc then) from Birmingham via Lake Vyrnwy, going "over the top" of the Berwyns.  This is one bit of Wales that has not changed much in 60 years.

Paul

used to detour just to have a good thrash along that road on my motor bikes. Stunning views over the top, as long as you weren't going too quickly.

• Like 2

I

used to detour just to have a good thrash along that road on my motor bikes. Stunning views over the top, as long as you weren't going too quickly.

I agree Peter, it has to be one of the best Roads around the Bala area, it's just superb.

Edited by Andrew P

Looking at the pics, the B Set will probably be marshalled in the right F/Y Road, so that it can stay full length without interfering with other movements, one advantage of the back road lining up with the Main Line.

post-9335-0-78062600-1522864022_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Coming along nicely Mate, amazing how quickly things come together in a little time in TOPS ?...

Thanks mate, Heater is on and I'll go out in 20 minutes or so, then after coffee at 11 I'm going to Castle Donington to an Art Gallery with some of my bits.

I hope to get the Fiddle Yard wired and working over the weekend, and then move onto laying the Point for the Dairy.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The LNWR reached Corwen from Rhyl, via Denbigh and Ruthin.

It was a very picturesque route that unfortunately has long gone. I used to play in the old goods yard in Denbigh after it was closed, but there was still lots of railway bits and pieces knocking around. 

With the correct permits it could Andy ;)

Your plan positions the station on the Bala Junction to Blaenau Ffestiniog line, albeit after closure and terminating before Bala Town Station.

A very interesting line indeed and prior to closure another picturesque line with a perilous hillside ledge that was traversed alongside the valley before Trawsfynnyd.

I had the pleasure of walking along the old rail bed last year, and there is still plenty to be seen, especially the beautiful viaduct and the drop on one side to the valley below.

attachicon.gifCwm Prysor 02.jpg

attachicon.gifCwm Prysor 10.jpg

attachicon.gifCwm Prysor 08.jpg

attachicon.gifCwm Prysor 09.jpg

I must go up there for a walk again soon.

Jinty ;)

Somyears ago there was a series on LNWR lines in North Wales by Martin Waters in the Model Railway News one issue featured Denbigh. Probably a track plan and some info

Don

Fast progress as ever!! Looking forward to seeing the first trip with the B set.

Thanks Scott, Yes so am I, but the Autocoach arrived from Larry earlier, so I'll be unpacking that later, and maybe some pics.

The mind boggles  :jester:

Indeed it does Ray, but no good to me, it was mainly all abstract, and that makes very little sense to me, and he didn't want my work.

SO, it's back to wiring the Layout later I guess, haah :sungum:

Somyears ago there was a series on LNWR lines in North Wales by Martin Waters in the Model Railway News one issue featured Denbigh. Probably a track plan and some info

Don

Cheers Don, I too need to look at that area for Traffic flows to Pen Y Bont, possibly Gunpowder, Livestock for Bala Market, Farm Produce and Fertilisers etc.

The Extended Fiddle Yard has also been wired, this has been done with a Male / Female plug and socket.

The Male is fitted to the removable Fiddle Yard deck, with Blue / Brown for the Track Feeds and Orange for the Programming Track.

post-9335-0-68360000-1522949419_thumb.jpg

Once the deck is in place, it is connected to the Female on the main frame.

post-9335-0-33382900-1522949457_thumb.jpg

Similar has been done for the connection from the Sig NaTrack Controller, that is plugged into the other plug on the Frame.

post-9335-0-46782000-1522949557_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Need amazing button for that autocoach, like just isn't enough.

Wrong colour though.

Re painted by Larry G / Coachman to the CORRECT shade of Red  / Maroon, I'm loving it and have just been told my 64XX is in and ready for collection. WOW. :sungum:

• Like 4