Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Off to the boot sale so l am up early, glad you are back safe and sound and all fired up with enthusiasm, station looks good mate and will fit nicely....

Cheers George, It fit's nicely on the Platform, not to over powering, really Rural and forgotten. 

I will be getting the Layout outside later and may start the ballasting.

Station is looking smart.. Hope you found some time for some train rides in Wales, they have some real crackers.

Thanks Scott, No rain rides, TBH it's not something I enjoy, unless with a few mates, I just get bored if I'm on my own and normally fall asleep, hahah.

I could see and hear the Bala Lake Narrow Gauge Railway when walking the dog along the Lakeside, and just caught the departing 80,000 Tank / 80072, at Carrog on Tuesday, before being joined by the Welsh Gang and going to Martins, but that was it.

post-9335-0-66920800-1525589635_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

Thanks Scott, No rain rides, TBH it's not something I enjoy, unless with a few mates, I just get bored if I'm on my own and normally fall asleep, hahah.

I could see and hear the Bala Lake Narrow Gauge Railway when walking the dog along the Lakeside, and just caught the departing 80,000 Tank / 80072, at Carrog on Tuesday, before being joined by the Welsh Gang and going to Martins, but that was it.

attachicon.gifIMG_4258.JPG

I know what you mean Andy. The Mid-Hants is my local line just twenty-five minutes from home and often during the summer I will go up to Ropley or Medstead & Four Marks and just watch the trains rather than ride them. Not this weekend though as it will be far too crowded on a warm and sunny bank holiday weekend.

Regards,

Chris

I'm a member and shareholder of Llangollen, but the railway is far from inspiring (to me) at present. The Spring Gala had nothing borrowed and even this Bank Holiday weekend has the normal out-of-season timetable except tomorrow (Monday). Maybe the money is being spent on the push to Corwen terminus. 

I know what you mean Andy. The Mid-Hants is my local line just twenty-five minutes from home and often during the summer I will go up to Ropley or Medstead & Four Marks and just watch the trains rather than ride them. Not this weekend though as it will be far too crowded on a warm and sunny bank holiday weekend.

Regards,

Chris

I'm a member and shareholder of Llangollen, but the railway is far from inspiring (to me) at present. The Spring Gala had nothing borrowed and even this Bank Holiday weekend has the normal out-of-season timetable except tomorrow (Monday). Maybe the money is being spent on the push to Corwen terminus. 

When I lived in Hampshire and we would go to Ropley and sit on the Bank after work on a Sunday for a pick nick to see the Locos going back on Shed at the  end of the day, that was enough for me.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifIMG_4258.JPG

When I lived in Hampshire and we would go to Ropley and sit on the Bank after work on a Sunday for a pick nick to see the Locos going back on Shed at the  end of the day, that was enough for me.

Hi Andy, was this the same Welsh meet up where you took off your coat in Martin’s Mancave and the floor was suddenly covered in biscuits crumbs as you crumbled like pack of broken Digestives ..... again !!! Ha ha

Best regards

Craig

Toddington is our nearest heritage station/shed and I have to admit that I often visit but never ride these days.  That may partly be because the last time I rode on the line was 12 years ago, doing my fire and drive and that was a very special trip, impossible to be repeated.  I do like the SVR and the WSR though - long journeys and good, varied scenery.

The most we've done on the Llangollen line is to have hot chocolates and Bara Brith at Carrog station.  But one day we will take the train though as Larry says the motive power at the moment is not very exciting.  Foxcote Manor went AWOL before I knew it!

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Andy, was this the same Welsh meet up where you took off your coat in Martin’s Mancave and the floor was suddenly covered in biscuits crumbs as you crumbled like pack of broken Digestives ..... again !!! Ha ha

Best regards

Craig

I know nothing, :O  I deny all knowledge of Biscuits and crumbling, :no:  hahaha, I'm from Devon you know. :sungum: 

Toddington is our nearest heritage station/shed and I have to admit that I often visit but never ride these days.  That may partly be because the last time I rode on the line was 12 years ago, doing my fire and drive and that was a very special trip, impossible to be repeated.  I do like the SVR and the WSR though - long journeys and good, varied scenery.

The most we've done on the Llangollen line is to have hot chocolates and Bara Brith at Carrog station.  But one day we will take the train though as Larry says the motive power at the moment is not very exciting.  Foxcote Manor went AWOL before I knew it!

Paul

I've been on the Mid Hants, Bury Line and SVR with George T, GCR Southern Section with Binny and my mate John, Llangollen, GCR  Northern Section, North Norfolk and South Devon on my own. 

But I still enjoy the Platform at GCR Loughborough watching the comings and goings etc, AFTER  a Full English in the Café.

• Like 3

Just an hour out in the Sunshine this morning, after a trip to Tutbury Models to pick up some Ballast, and then spaying the Rail Sides.

Bloomin Ott out there boys.

post-9335-0-95806600-1525611631_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-85504900-1525611727_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44255400-1525611760_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Just drop me off at any station and l'm happy as Larry, there is always something of intrest to see and take a photo or two, l find riding on trains boring after a while, just like Andy l fall asleep zźzzzzzzźzz

• Like 1

Just drop me off at any station and l'm happy as Larry, there is always something of intrest to see and take a photo or two, l find riding on trains boring after a while, just like Andy l fall asleep zźzzzzzzźzz

And I have VIDEO proof, :O  ahahha,  god the snoring was awful, hahah :sungum: 

Hahha, I did, :sungum:  :sungum:  that's why it was easier outside,  :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

The advantages of a portable layout as well as you can access both sides with ease!!!!!

Now it's been mentioned, once the B set is done then out comes the beige brown/ roof dirt wash to do some overhand painting of my track.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

The advantages of a portable layout as well as you can access both sides with ease!!!!!

Now it's been mentioned, once the B set is done then out comes the beige brown/ roof dirt wash to do some overhand painting of my track.....

I find cheating helps, just photograph what you can see from your chair, hahah.

• RMweb Gold

Although we cannot see the train from home we do here them as they approach Williton round through Watchet and then up the bank to Washford. It is nice to ride the train we avoid gala days preferring it a bit quieter. We went two weeks ago a good time on the WSR the primrose were all out along the lineside.

Don

• Like 1

Although we cannot see the train from home we do here them as they approach Williton round through Watchet and then up the bank to Washford. It is nice to ride the train we avoid gala days preferring it a bit quieter. We went two weeks ago a good time on the WSR the primrose were all out along the lineside.

Don

The WSR and the North Yorkshire Moors are two lines that I would like to travel on, just to see the scenery, providing I could stay awake long enough, hahha.

From the Bungalow in Bala, I could just hear the Toot toot of the Bala Lake Railway, but down at the shore line I could both see and hear it across the other side. I normally don't see much of it as it closes at the  end of October, and we go down first week of November, so it was good to see it chuffing gently along the Lake Side.

Same for the Llangollen Line, It's closed apart from a small weekend service when were there, but I normally go down to see the Remembrance Day Special at Carrog, which is always nice.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

I recommend the NYMR Andy. It is a lovely railway with beautiful and changing scenery. I try to make one visit a year with a day trip in the school summer holidays. An early start gets me to Grosmont for the 9.15 train to Whitby and then I can do return trips with a break for lunch at Grosmont with time to visit the sheds. I have to admit I often fall asleep on the first train.

• Like 1

One visit to the SVR when George and I didn't fall asleep was this one, 29th July 2009,    WE GOT DRENCHED.

post-9335-0-91389100-1525679004_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72698800-1525679066_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-21304300-1525679115_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33697900-1525679179_thumb.jpg

Just after this we gave up with the umbrellas, we already had wet feet and we hadn't even got on a Train yet.

post-9335-0-45539800-1525679264_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71941700-1525679383_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91611000-1525679520_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16522300-1525679949_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Andy,

Good to see you back, I see you are taking it easy. :nono:  :mosking:

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, Yes thanks I'm taking things very easy, although I've had 2 x 1 hour sessions this morning, now it got a bit to hot, so in for lunch and a sit in the shade.

This one caught my eye Andy.............Great shot...

attachicon.gifWEB Andy rain shot.jpg

Thanks Larry, yes loads of atmosphere,..........................and RAIN.

So 2 x 1 hour sessions prior to lunch, and a coffee and visit to the Shop for some Ice Cream in between.

The Ballast is now done, I've re checked the Points and all seems fine, so it can be left in the sunshine until late this evening and hopefully dry out a bit.

post-9335-0-97257800-1525699734_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09374700-1525699766_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77488400-1525699797_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-00756100-1525699821_thumb.jpg

• Like 14