Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Of CrappyNation Street, Spike Milligan said they' all hated each other and it's "Have you seem Ena this week?....."No, her piles are playing up".... "Oh dear, I hope she's well soon"....bla bla bla.  17½ minutes of mindless drivel that many of us manage to avoid in real life. My missus was amongst its most avid supporters right from 1960 or whenever and we named our first son Dennis after Dennis Tanner....How sad is that. Our second son was supposed to be a girl, so we named him after the cat. Anyway, while hospitalized for three weeks last Xmas, her indoors barely saw her soaps and so one of the good things that came out of it was she hasn't watched them since.

Back on topic, I cannot help thinking every time I see photos of Trebudoc that it was a fine layout worthy of further development.

Thanks Larry, the pic above is from St Budoc, and that was sold to a chap down south who re named it and then exhibited it I believe.

The original Trebudoc was a Yard, (see thread) and after a couple of Shows, I said to my mate; people are looking but not staying, it needs to be PRETY not a grubby Yard.

Original Trebudoc as a Yard.

post-9335-0-84442400-1524731915_thumb.jpg

I then rotated the Layout 108 degrees, added the Station, and some pretty flower beds, and a Field, and at the next Show they were about 5 deep watching and listening to the Sound Locos doing their thing. One Old chap stayed for about three quarters of an hour, then went away, came back with a chair and sat there for another hour or more reminiscing of his time in Cornwall and riding the Bodmin line.

Rebuilt Trebudoc, 

post-9335-0-31652600-1524732134_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77481600-1524732279_thumb.jpg

Peter BB at the controls, and Mike watching from behind, and the Old Chap in his chair.

post-9335-0-72712800-1524732345_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-99910300-1524732621_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

If you want to sell the mineral wagon please let me know.

I need another top door version of the mineral wagon to make up my current rake to six.

I have 6 without top doors and 5 with: So the extra one would allow me two rakes of three of each type......then I can have one set of fulls and the other rake as empties. 

with an off scene coal yard, I can operate minerals in empties out without having to change the loads in and out.

Andy,

If you want to sell the mineral wagon please let me know.

I need another top door version of the mineral wagon to make up my current rake to six.

I have 6 without top doors and 5 with: So the extra one would allow me two rakes of three of each type......then I can have one set of fulls and the other rake as empties. 

with an off scene coal yard, I can operate minerals in empties out without having to change the loads in and out.

PM sent Richard.

• RMweb Gold

Larry,

"Back on topic, I cannot help thinking every time I see photos of Trebudoc that it was a fine layout worthy of further development".  

A club member who had it has further developed it by adding much detail.  He keeps it in his 'shed' but does not exhibit it.

Peter

Edited by PeterBB

There's a hint of Colonel Stephens about that ensemble. Is the window glazing solid?

Regards,

Chris

Yes Chris, I'm afraid it is VERY solid, in fact it feels by the weight of it, that it's solid Resin.

Skytrex sound like a cooking lard rather than resin. I thought at least you would be scratchbuilding your buildings....I mean you're into 0 gauge now me 'ol matey.   :whistle:

I couldn't even get the roofs to go on square on a ready made block, hahah, still I made good use of my tube of filler. :O  :no:  :no: 

I can't do buildings, although I might try a Coal Yard Hut out of Plasticard later. :sungum: 

• Like 3

I couldn't even get the roofs to go on square on a ready made block, hahah, still I made good use of my tube of filler. :O  :no:  :no:

I can't do buildings, although I might try a Coal Yard Hut out of Plasticard later. :sungum:

If someone had told me I would actually get satisfaction from the "building" game one day, I wouldn't have believed them. 

• Like 4

If someone had told me I would actually get satisfaction from the "building" game one day, I wouldn't have believed them. 

I was the same when I started making the Points for Bitton, loved it in the end.

• Like 4

Just to let you know that  I will be off air for a few days whilst my Flip Flop goes in for repair. I will still be able to see the thread from my Phone, but cant post or see PM's etc.

Thanks Deano, Trevor and Andy for the Post's above. much appreciated Guys.

Back now from a week in Wales and no internet, but it was a nice rest.

I met up with Martin / Gismorail, David / Jintyman and Craig / Muddys-Blues for an afternoon of fun and laughter, and there will be more about that encounter in a week or three. :O  :scared:  :boast:  :no:  :no:

I did manage to take with me the Skytrex Station Building and having primed it before I went, I was able to give it a coat of paint, it should be rested in place after the Bank Holiday and photographed on the Layout.

Here's the progress so far.

post-9335-0-43695100-1525553767_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81772000-1525553798_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34050700-1525553834_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-08686900-1525553875_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53368000-1525553905_thumb.jpg

• Like 13