Mousa Models Wagon Kits

billbedford

These look good Bill, might this process accelerate the GNSR wagons?

And the HR ones too?

There will be at least one GNSR and HR wagon in the next few months. I still have a number of wagons that have only a handful of pre-orders and I'm unsure what I should do about them.

Are the prices inclusive of postage to Europe Bill?

No, postage is:

£ 2.00 for order valued up to £24.99 

£ 3.00 for orders valued from £25.00 - £49.99

£ 4.00 for orders valued from £5 .00 - £99.99

post free for orders valued over £100.00

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Bill, would like to know what your plans are for the BR PalBrick wagon. Are Just planning to release the as bult. Or are you thinking of any of the rebuilds? Also any ideas of release date and cost. More for me to work out how much to save up, and should I put anymore on pre-order.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Some very useful stuff listed on the Mousa website in the wagon department, not least a resin MR D299.

Several caught my eye, but one in particular was the GN 4-plank.  I gather these were for sale at a show, but there appears to be no means of ordering one from the Mousa website, as there is no price given and the ordering process rejects the order for this reason. 

There might be other products similarly affected. 

I wondered what that status of these 'priceless' kits is?

• 4 weeks later...

Now I have my own 3D printer I can produce wagon kits a lot quicker.....

The first up are two LNWR 2 plank:

attachicon.gifBWK1501 LNWR D2 2 plank-1200px.jpg

attachicon.gifBWK1502 LNWR D3 Fall side-1200px.jpg

Both are priced at £17.50 each and can be ordered on this page

Hi Bill

Purely out of interest what printer are you using? Thinking of getting one and would appreciate your opinion concerning yours.

Cheers

Kev

• 1 month later...

It's some time since I listed what I've been up to so here is the latest up date:

New models put into production earlier this year:

• BWK1707 MR 3 plank dropside wagon c1883 D.305
  • BWK1708 MR Lot 29 5 plank wagon
  • BWK1711 MR 3 plank dropside wagon c1874
  • BWK1716 MR 8 ton 5 plank wagon D.299
  • BWK1401 S&DJR 8 ton 5 plank wagon
  • BRK0446 GNR D.245 Six wheeled Third

Models being printed

• BWK1503 LNWR 5 plank wagon D.4

Models in preparation (I've actually started drawing these)

• BWK0501 GCR 15 ton brake van
  • BWK0404 GNR 7 plank end door coal wagon D.7/53
  • BWK1512 LNWR 5 plank wagon D.9 (with double sided brakes)

Models penciled in for drawing of the next few weeks.

• BWK1106 HR six wheeled brake van (short)
  • BWK0405 GNR 8 ton goods van D.15/5
  • BWK1508 LNWR goods van D.33

I have stocks of BWK0001 LNER toad E brake van and HR fish wagons, so if you have order one of these from me and have not received them yet, please get in touch.

• Like 3

Out of interest would you print commissions and if so how would the prices compare with Shapeways?

If you are looking for a bureau service, like Shapeways, then, sorry, but I wouldn't be interested.

However if you want to suggest a model that I could produce in reasonable numbers, say 25+, then that might be a possibility.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hiow difficult woulkd it be to get H0 versions of these wagons?  Chassis kits are already available (as are appropriate wheels)

Chassis kits are irrelevant to the way Bill's printing is developing - with the most recent models, the only parts of the wagon that are not part of the main print are the etched brass W-iron units, the printed brake gear and buffer guides, and the buffers themselves, which I suspect he gets from another manufacturer.  

I have a couple of Mousa models wagons and they are expensive but exquisite.  They are so much more than you might get from a "shapeways" print.  I also have some other items with deposits paid.  However, the sheer number of items marked as "in preparation" does mean, to my mind, that many of the products listed are aspirational and may never see the light of day.  That's not surprising as each has to have demand,  be researched and drawn up but it would be good to have some idea of production timing (and there are a number at around 20+ pre orders which you might think there is demand for).

Point is that I think much of the website is not so much offering goods for sale as seeking expressions of interest.

• Like 1