All change - North Wales.

It's still Abergele box but switched out today as there's no traffic until Monday. There's a weekend blockade Chester West to Rockliffe Hall and Wrexham for the commissioning of the new track and signalling from Saltney Jc to Rossett on the Wrexham line.

The Wrexham line's shut till next Saturday and the Chester-Rockliffe block is on each night until next weekend.

I'd like to comment more but being a Network Rail signaller in Chester PSB and all...... :secret:

All I can say is the covers are off on the new signals on the Wrexham line!

JF

when I get stuck on gresford bank after attempting a climb of it from a standing start at Rossett with the logs

We now have a procedure in place to avoid that! If you need to be detained it'll be at a signal or two back from Rossett. Look forward to actually seeing a log train on Gresford..How long has it been now?

Of course if it's a class 60, shouldn't be a problem Jim!!

JF

All I can say is the covers are off on the new signals on the Wrexham line!

JF

All up and running correctly now (apart from attendants operating the "crossing clear" buttons pending final tweaking of the ODs and BODs)

JF

Spot the missing landmark ...

It's not a surprise that the footbridge has gone. When I was there perhaps three years ago it clearly needed a lot of maintenance which would have been expensive. Closing the public right of way would be a much cheaper option.

Regards

It's not a surprise that the footbridge has gone. When I was there perhaps three years ago it clearly needed a lot of maintenance which would have been expensive. Closing the public right of way would be a much cheaper option.

Regards

A new footbridge was installed the same day but I haven't had the inclination to go down there since last Monday....I'm sure there are fewer trains on the North Wales "mainline" than ran on many a pre-Beeching branchline.

It seems a lot busier than that to me. Last time I used it (last year some time) there were 2 ATW trains an hour each direction between Chester and Holyhead, plus the virgin trains whenever they ran and some that went to Llandudno.

The ones I caught were too short, though.

Archived