Royal Navy Landing Craft -Train (LCT) and Landing Craft Infantry

Al.

Unlike the Revell kit, the Lindberg kit is pretty basic. It's a beginners skill level model and the detailing is on the course side. To get this up to the same level as the LCT's is going to take a bit of work.

The basic hull and structure is okay, but the wheelhouse lacks the open bridge and the guns and pulpits lack detail.

post-23643-0-17675100-1488836942_thumb.jpeg

Some of the detailing can be resolved by using parts from the Revell LSM model. Other areas can be resolved with a but of modelling skill.

• RMweb Premium

Unlike the Revell kit, the Lindberg kit is pretty basic. It's a beginners skill level model and the detailing is on the course side. To get this up to the same level as the LCT's is going to take a bit of work.

The basic hull and structure is okay, but the wheelhouse lacks the open bridge and the guns and pulpits lack detail.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Some of the detailing can be resolved by using parts from the Revell LSM model. Other areas can be resolved with a but of modelling skill.

This is a very old kit, I remember building one as a teenager, I'm now 68.

This is a very old kit, I remember building one as a teenager, I'm now 68.

It defiantly has the look of a 1960's kit as the mouldings are very course.

The second Linberg LSI arrived today but will be shelved for a little while until I find some spares from the Revell LSM to replace the gun pulpits.

In the meantime I've picked up a commission for a Royal Navy Corvette from the 1980's period. I'll cover this build in a separate thread.

Al.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived