Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Exeter exhibition 2017

Re6/6

Does anyone know the dates please?

IIRC it's usually on the first weekend of July.

Thanks.

Exeter Model Railway Exhibition will be held on the 1st and 2nd of July 2017 at the Matford Centre, Exeter. Just confirmed with Dave Harding (Exeter Model Shop) .....Flyers yet to be sent out but are in progress !

YEY !

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Exeter Model Railway Exhibition will be held on the 1st and 2nd of July 2017 at the Matford Centre, Exeter. Just confirmed with Dave Harding (Exeter Model Shop) .....Flyers yet to be sent out but are in progress !

YEY !

Indeed..."YAY"!...and thanks.... duly noted.

I presume the proposed new station at Marsh Barton is still some way off start of construction/completion so will not be of use this year?

Still not started any construction on the station (I walk past every day!) - so I suspect there's no chance of being open by June!

The P&R bus still runs (check the route/stops though they have changed recently) for access on Saturday.

On Sunday the P&R still doesn't run but there is now a B bus which does go through Marsh Barton hourly, it doesn't go right past the livestock centre but it does go fairly close to it - you can walk in from either the bridge over the Alphin Brook or from Yeoford Way (by Jaguar). 

YEY !

Try not to sleep in for this one!  :scratchhead:

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how I can find what layouts are attending?  The website says nothing about It & it is only 4 months until the exhibition.

Twice I have tried to find out via their e-mail address 'info@exemrs.co.uk' but no one has had the good manners to reply.

Peter

Can anyone tell me how I can find what layouts are attending?  The website says nothing about It & it is only 4 months until the exhibition.

Twice I have tried to find out via their e-mail address 'info@exemrs.co.uk' but no one has had the good manners to reply.

Peter

You may be able to get some news by telephoning Exeter Model Shop 01392 421906 and speak to the owner Dave Harding. He is one of the organisers and I am sure he will be able to update you.

info@exemrs.co.uk' but no one has had the good manners to reply.

Peter

Because that's a very old address. train@exemrs.co.uk 

However anyone who has previously exhibited the same contact details will apply.

Also bear in mind that the website is being completely renewed as mentioned there and elsewhere on RMWeb, hoped to go live April.

• RMweb Gold

Peter

That's putting it in a rather rude way. They are a club and not a commercial company and always put on one of the better provincial shows.

That's putting it in a rather rude way. They are a club and not a commercial company and always put on one of the better provincial shows.

I certainly agree that they put on a good show with something for everyone.  However, if the club do not have a current website & this is the only e-mail address quoted I think it is reasonable to assume that this is the way to contact them.  The clue is in the e-mail address 'info@exemrs.co.uk'.  To me that means it is for requesting information.  If it is no longer active or they do not want to be bothered with answering questions, then delete the address.

Peter

I certainly agree that they put on a good show with something for everyone.  However, if the club do not have a current website & this is the only e-mail address quoted I think it is reasonable to assume that this is the way to contact them.  The clue is in the e-mail address 'info@exemrs.co.uk'.  To me that means it is for requesting information.  If it is no longer active or they do not want to be bothered with answering questions, then delete the address.

Peter

Peter,

As said anyone who has previously exhibited will or would have had the contact details unless they threw them out?

Equally as noted above the website is being rebuilt, the current page does NOT have a contact email during this process, the site being minimal during the rebuild. The correct / current email was posted above on this thread. train@exemrs.co.uk as a reminder.

Kev S

Peter,

As said anyone who has previously exhibited will or would have had the contact details unless they threw them out?

Equally as noted above the website is being rebuilt, the current page does NOT have a contact email during this process, the site being minimal during the rebuild. The correct / current email was posted above on this thread. train@exemrs.co.uk as a reminder.

Kev S

Thank you.

Peter

Can anyone who hasn't replied to their invite or even if you have replied please contact the Exhibition Manager.

There has been some communication issues.

If you do not have the contact details PM me here and I can forward message or provide with contact information.

Many thanks.

Kev S

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking forward to it, I will be doing my stint on the Exeter Gauge 0 Group stand.  And eating the Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding...

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to it, I will be doing my stint on the Exeter Gauge 0 Group stand.  And eating the Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding...

Ah..the catering....always the high point! :sungum: ......unique l think at any exhibition anywhere...!

.....and always a first rate provincial exhibition

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Premium

Ah..the catering....always the high point! :sungum: ......unique l think at any exhibition anywhere...!

.....and always a first rate provincial exhibition

The catering takes some beating at the Taunton show at the Taunton School, always a good roast on Sunday.

• RMweb Gold

I am pleased to advise that I have just accepted Dave's invite for Cantue Road Quay to make its first official public appearance at this show in July, duly assisisted by St Simon of this parish.

post-243-0-97550600-1494412625_thumb.jpg

Very much looking forward to attending this show for the first time in any capacity , it certainly looks like being a good show.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Great news Graham. Look forward to seeing you there.

Our local show has always been good. 'We' (DRAG) will be there with demos and other bits and pieces.

P.S. You will enjoy the catering. As I said, the best show food anywhere. Meat and two veg Sunday lunch. Being the building is an auction mart, farmers do like wholesome food!

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Premium

I am pleased to advise that I have just accepted Dave's invite for Cantue Road Quay to make its first official public appearance at this show in July, duly assisisted by St Simon of this parish.

attachicon.gifCRQ_April_OA_1.jpg

Very much looking forward to attending this show for the first time in any capacity , it certainly looks like being a good show.

Brilliant!  Will I be allowed to have a play?

attachicon.gifCRQ_April_OA_1.jpg

See what happens when you go to a SWAG meet !

Very much enjoyed it there and good to see Dave has invited you to Exeter :)

• RMweb Gold

See what happens when you go to a SWAG meet !

Very much enjoyed it there and good to see Dave has invited you to Exeter :)

Well I haven't missed a single Staplegrove meet yet and this year was the second I have taken a layout there...