Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

68009 had a major failure 2 weeks ago.

10 and 13 have got bogie spring issues.

And 15 is out for exam.

10 and 13 should be back in the next couple of days.

This is why 002 and 018 have been top and tailed on the commuter slam door set.

8, 11, 12, 14 are all on the plug door sets.

Been an interesting week and a bit.

Alistair

Cheers for the info mate, much appreciated

• RMweb Gold

Limited edition innit!

http://shop.directrailservices.com/drs-model-shop/Limited%20Edition%2068001%20Model

Expect daft ebay prices in a week or two.....

Cheers,

Mick

If ever there was a reason for the most modelling-averse of us to try renumbering, then this surely is it.

Fox do the plates for £6. Anyone can have a bit of fun, and sit smugly with £70 in their pocket. Certainly my plan (and it means I don't need to rush in the same month that Kernow surprised my wallet with 97304).

Cheers

Rob

• RMweb Premium

If ever there was a reason for the most modelling-averse of us to try renumbering, then this surely is it.

Fox do the plates for £6. Anyone can have a bit of fun, and sit smugly with £70 in their pocket. Certainly my plan (and it means I don't need to rush in the same month that Kernow surprised my wallet with 97304).

Cheers

Rob

Agreed.

I want to do one of the 6802x series. Just need the plates....

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Re availability of the sound fitted versions; I noticed that Charlie (DC Kits) has all six of these up for sale pre-fitted (by Charlie rather than Dapol) at £230 each - undercutting Dapol themselves  - and undercutting Hattons/Olivia's even further!

No affiliation; just a messenger.

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1

Hi all, I have seen all three variants of the 68 models today and I was quite disappointed. The quality control on them seems poor again for Dapol, The nameplates were not straight and had glue around the edges. The warning panel yellow fronts had worn off on the plastic packaging and there was a lot of untidy yellow around the headlights. I was going to buy two DRS ones but I will wait and see if there QC will improve for the next batch. It might just be me being picky has anyone seen one in the flesh yet?

Hi all, I have seen all three variants of the 68 models today and I was quite disappointed. The quality control on them seems poor again for Dapol, The nameplates were not straight and had glue around the edges. The warning panel yellow fronts had worn off on the plastic packaging and there was a lot of untidy yellow around the headlights. I was going to buy two DRS ones but I will wait and see if there QC will improve for the next batch. It might just be me being picky has anyone seen one in the flesh yet?

That's disappointing ......  did you get any close up photo's ??

Edited by Anthony566

Hi all, I have seen all three variants of the 68 models today and I was quite disappointed. The quality control on them seems poor again for Dapol, The nameplates were not straight and had glue around the edges. The warning panel yellow fronts had worn off on the plastic packaging and there was a lot of untidy yellow around the headlights. I was going to buy two DRS ones but I will wait and see if there QC will improve for the next batch. It might just be me being picky has anyone seen one in the flesh yet?

Doesn't sound to good then from Dapol have they got a real nice gloss on the Drs livery

Re availability of the sound fitted versions; I noticed that Charlie (DC Kits) has all six of these up for sale pre-fitted (by Charlie rather than Dapol) at £230 each - undercutting Dapol themselves  - and undercutting Hattons/Olivia's even further!

No affiliation; just a messenger.

Cheers

Rob

... and for that reason Charlie has just had my order! Was going to get a non sound one and upgrade later but it made sense to get Charlie to fit it first