RMweb

Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

If the sound fitted models have all sold out and there's still demand from the shops then it's highly likely that Dapol will re-run the sound fitted model, probably with a different running number.

Have they all sold out to pre-orders though? The likes of Hattons and Kernow may have sold out but many of the smaller model shops may well still have them in stock.

Alternatively, buy a DC loco and fit a Legomanbiffo decoder yourself.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Yeah everywhere I have searched all the pre-ordered DCC Sound models have sold out for the DRS variants which is the one I am only interested in, maybe Dapol underestimated demand???

Yes may have to get the non-sound fitted model and worry about it later.

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Yes and they know more information than you to !

Quite correct, what I quoted was factual!

Yours was fiction or hearsay !

I have had two more emails from Hattons today that the goods are ready for packing and dispatch.

Which normally means delivery in the two or three days

Bye

I've just placed my pre-order for sound fitted Chiltern Class 68 014 from Hattons without any issues. I suspect the DRS variants will be under a higher demand than the Chiltern variants.

Had a look at your layout, looking great and can't wait to see it when completed.

Yes I'm only after the DRS models but will now probably get the DC Ready one and worry about sound later.

Ye

Yes at £200

Yep I just had to, bought one and will now leave 68002 & 68005 for later.

Bit of a sting at £200 plus the cheek of adding postage @£4.95 but only 350 made thus will be unique I suppose, just watch them go on eBay for filthy prices.

Btw DRS Shop only had the method of payment as PayPal only which was unusual, no credit or debit card option???

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

Really impressed at the nice and quiet running (Hattons video), got 68002 & 68005 pre-ordered at rails DCC fitted, really cannot wait now. 

68001 - eek £200 + £4.95 P&P + £40 (approx.) 6 function decoder = £244.95!!  :O Will sleep on that one! Wonder if they will still available in the morning! 

Maybe a Scotrail one with sound instead for a similar price?

You can now also run non aar locomotives with Chiltern slam door stock, 6 mk3 with dvt, top and tail 68s. This has been the formation since Thursday evening following a number of failures in the Chiltern pool

Ive heard about said fault but i dont know the details, whats the problem with the chiltern locos atm?

68009 had a major failure 2 weeks ago.

10 and 13 have got bogie spring issues.

And 15 is out for exam.

10 and 13 should be back in the next couple of days.

This is why 002 and 018 have been top and tailed on the commuter slam door set.

8, 11, 12, 14 are all on the plug door sets.

Been an interesting week and a bit.

Alistair