Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

And so the Blue Period Video has is now ready, if you like it then why not subscribe to my You Tube Channel and never miss a Video.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=andy+peters+model+railways

And here's today's.

Hi Andy

With all that racket going on all day It is a wonder the Pik Travellers have not found another camp site.

Nice vid by the way.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Andy, no laughing matter. Safety First.

Two suggestions:-

1. Do you need Much Dithering now you have Pen y Bont?

2. Instead of the storage above the layout could the stock be stored below the railway in slide out drawers?

Take care.

Andy has no available space for what would be a good idea because he already uses it all for his ordered stock and accessories.

Peter

Andy has no available space for what would be a good idea because he already uses it all for his ordered stock and accessories.

Peter

And all my Art stuff and Air Brushing and Weathering gear, TBH it's a bit organised but full.

Excellent video Andy,

and yes you need a bigger shed, especially for O!!!

Or at least some outside running rights...................................... :O

Jinty ;)

Even outside the radius would be mighty tight mate, unfortunately (or fortunately on some peoples eyes) I have what I have.

Andy, no laughing matter. Safety First.

Two suggestions:-

1. Do you need Much Dithering now you have Pen y Bont?

2. Instead of the storage above the layout could the stock be stored below the railway in slide out drawers?

Take care.

Today I've removed the Backscene again behind Much Dithering and I'm having a look at removing Much Dithering completely as a Station, as John has suggested here.

In it's place in that area I can get in 6 more Storage Tracks of a decent length which means a greater variety of traffic on the main running lines. It would also mean easy access to change Stock / Locos etc and sort out any misdemeanours that might occur.

Although these would be dead end sidings, and only accessible via the Loop Platform at Kings Moreton Station, they may get more use than MD would have done, and add to easier Storage Yard access as I wouldn't need to stand on, and fall off, the crate so many times.

post-9335-0-03733800-1512406849_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41988400-1512406888_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62175200-1512406959_thumb.jpg

Early days yet and still contemplating.

• Like 5

Today I've removed the Backscene again behind Much Dithering and I'm having a look at removing Much Dithering completely as a Station, as John has suggested here.

In it's place in that area I can get in 6 more Storage Tracks of a decent length which means a greater variety of traffic on the main running lines. It would also mean easy access to change Stock / Locos etc and sort out any misdemeanours that might occur.

Although these would be dead end sidings, and only accessible via the Loop Platform at Kings Moreton Station, they may get more use than MD would have done, and add to easier Storage Yard access as I wouldn't need to stand on, and fall off, the crate so many times.

attachicon.gifRemoving MD 001.JPG

attachicon.gifRemoving MD 002.JPG

attachicon.gifRemoving MD 003.JPG

Early days yet and still contemplating.

If it was me I'd keep Much Dithering, because some days you feel like Branch line running, and others watching the long goods trundle past.

But then again it struck me how similar what you have pinned down, is to your latest Penybont drafts, and 2 layouts much the same, even in different

scales, could be viewed as a wasted opportunity.

• Like 3

The short siding with the X will be removed, I've NEVER used it as it's always been hidden directly behind the back scene, and was only put in for a DMU, 

attachicon.gifRemoving MD 003 - Copy.JPG

Still trying to understand the view but isn't there quite a drop from the canal track to the backscene opening on the corner board, or is it an optical illusion?

Or is there a cunning plan a foot.......

Edited by KNP

Still trying to understand the view but isn't there quite a drop from the canal track to the backscene opening on the corner board, or is it an optical illusion?

Or is there a cunning plan a foot.......

Hahah SORRY Kevin, The Canal board is in it's storage position when NOT across the Door, It rest's on a frame above the Storage Yard.

• Like 1

Hahah SORRY Kevin, The Canal board is in it's storage position when NOT across the Door, It rest's on a frame above the Storage Yard.

Ahh.....you see, I thought there would be a cunning plan.

Storing a board above storage sidings, what ever next!

Mine you how about a hinged scenic board above them, now there's an idea!!!!

Another idea might to change the definition of these sidings to an exchange one - like Verney Junction then you could leave it in view complete with scenery....... 

• Like 2

Ahh.....you see, I thought there would be a cunning plan.

Storing a board above storage sidings, what ever next!

Mine you how about a hinged scenic board above them, now there's an idea!!!!

Another idea might to change the definition of these sidings to an exchange one - like Verney Junction then you could leave it in view complete with scenery....... 

I like the idea of a scenic storage yard Kevin, but the tracks are so lose together, far closer than they should be, so sorry again but that won't work.

I was going to put the O Gauge above it, but it's already 44 inches high so once there is clearance for the OO Yard and the another 4 inches or so for another board I couldn't see it or reach the back, so I'd be back on my Milk Crate again.

Edited by Andrew P

If it was me I'd keep Much Dithering, because some days you feel like Branch line running, and others watching the long goods trundle past.

But then again it struck me how similar what you have pinned down, is to your latest Penybont drafts, and 2 layouts much the same, even in different

scales, could be viewed as a wasted opportunity.

I tend to agree with Tony - BLT in O gauge and continuous run in OO gauge sounds good to me.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 3

I like the idea of a scenic storage yard Kevin, but the tracks are so lose together, far closer than they should be, so sorry again but that won't work.

I was going to put the O Gauge above it, but it's already 40 inches high so once there is clearance for the OO Yard and the another 4 inches or so for another board I couldn't see it or reach the back, so I'd be back on my Milk Crate again.

How close is close?