Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

After your comment about being to technical I thought, I wonder how difficult it would be using someone else's posted picture? so I have 'pinched' one yours and added some sky.

Had a few problems as the backscene was out of focus so I had a struggle to get a clear line but......

The end result

post-8925-0-52251300-1511789518.png

Tried to make the sky look hazy to match the camera focus.

Bet you didn't realise it was such a lovely day when you took that picture!!!

Hope you don't mind and like the result...... :O

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8

After your comment about being to technical I thought, I wonder how difficult it would be using someone else's posted picture? so I have 'pinched' one yours and added some sky.

Had a few problems as the backscene was out of focus so I had a struggle to get a clear line but......

The end result

attachicon.gifAP1.png

Tried to make the sky look hazy to match the camera focus.

Bet you didn't realise it was such a lovely day when you took that picture!!!

Hope you don't mind and like the result...... :O

Thanks Kevin, that's superb mate, I will be sending ALL future pics to you for editing before posting from now on so you can get rig of all my rubbish above the Layout, hahahh :no:  :no:  :no:

• Like 3

Contrary to the above post, I have been down to the Lineside this morning, and the Western is still in the Yard and has been joined by a Type 4, which when I went back after coffee was on the Fina Tanks for Southampton Docks.

post-9335-0-97347400-1511791804_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09073500-1511791877_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-42535800-1511791978_thumb.jpg 

Sorry but it was cold standing on that hillside with my Box Brownie.

post-9335-0-67484200-1511792046_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69589800-1511792160_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

The Holiday Campers have moved in ready for the Glastonmoreton Music Festival in the ruins of the Old Abbey. There are NO PEOPLE to be seen, there all in their Caravans sleeping off a massive hangover.

post-9335-0-17860200-1511793286_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

The Holiday Campers have moved in ready for the Glastonmoreton Music Festival in the ruins of the Old Abbey. There are NO PEOPLE to be seen, there all in their Caravans sleeping off a massive hangover.

Running Session 006.JPG

Whoever’s sleeping in that blue and cream caravan will be sleeping on their side, with their nose pressed against the wall......

Then before Lunch and the weekly Shopping Trip I gave 37506 a run Firstly with the Bicester Tanks and then with PBA Tigers for Nuneaton.

post-9335-0-73604700-1511801289_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70070900-1511801389_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74633300-1511801495_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77983800-1511801668_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19174500-1511801776_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74534100-1511801857_thumb.jpg

More after tonight's running session with Ashley and Trevor

• Like 12

Normal Service on Penybont Sidings will continue on Thursday all being well, but there will be some new pic's of some new stock over there tomorrow.

In the meantime I am playing around with the Station area. I have said many times that I'm at an area of the Layout that I'm un-decided about. Today I've moved the Station Buildings about as in their original position, they have to be separated to keep some uniformity along the Platform edge. But with the Buildings separated  they just looked wrong to me. Moving them to a straighter section of the Platform may work, but now looks a little un balanced, but I will be leaving it like this for a few weeks or until I decide what to do in this area.

post-9335-0-48514900-1511802623_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-75571100-1511802732_thumb.jpg

OR I may do away with the Station House.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Then before Lunch and the weekly Shopping Trip I gave 37506 a run Firstly with the Bicester Tanks and then with PBA Tigers for Nuneaton.

attachicon.gifRunning Session 024.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session 026.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session 032.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session 044.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session 046.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session 049.JPG

More after tonight's running session with Ashley and Trevor

I wouldn't want to be in one of those caravans, not with you running  a 37 past on that HEAVY train. No good for their headaches, all that growling!

I wouldn't want to be in one of those caravans, not with you running  a 37 past on that HEAVY train. No good for their headaches, all that growling!

Yes Tony, at least the Caravan Park on Pencarne was fairly quiet and tranquil with only half a dozen Trains a day. KM seems to have been very busy today, and tonight could / will get a whole lot noisier I predict.

• Like 2

Normal Service on Penybont Sidings will continue on Thursday all being well, but there will be some new pic's of some new stock over there tomorrow.

In the meantime I am playing around with the Station area. I have said many times that I'm at an area of the Layout that I'm un-decided about. Today I've moved the Station Buildings about as in their original position, they have to be separated to keep some uniformity along the Platform edge. But with the Buildings separated  they just looked wrong to me. Moving them to a straighter section of the Platform may work, but now looks a little un balanced, but I will be leaving it like this for a few weeks or until I decide what to do in this area.

attachicon.gifRunning Session 001.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session 002.JPG

OR I may do away with the Station House.

I know you tend to favour ready to plant buildings Andy but something bespoke on the right hand over-bridge with steps coming down to the platform and the road outside the station building modelled (you could put a bus on it  :) ) on the lines of Loughborough GCR.  Just a suggestion...hat, coat, etc  ;)

Great stuff though with all the circulating trains while you get on with something else.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1

I know you tend to favour ready to plant buildings Andy but something bespoke on the right hand over-bridge with steps coming down to the platform and the road outside the station building modelled (you could put a bus on it  :) ) on the lines of Loughborough GCR.  Just a suggestion...hat, coat, etc  ;)

Great stuff though with all the circulating trains while you get on with something else.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, My problem is that I want it set in the Countyside / Rural Oxfordshire, so that's my problem.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifRunning Session 006.JPG

Dear Mr Peters

We have noticed that you have allowed some travelers to pitch up in your field near the railway. We have had a report about your new guests from the Keep Pencrane Railway Open Society regarding the mess they left before heading northwards to blight our village.

As Chairman of The Kings Moreton green belt preservation association I would recommend you ask your guests to leave, taking their mess with them as soon as possible.  If not we will be forced to take action and write a strongly worded letter to the parish council.

Yours

Rivette Counteer (Miss)

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Peters

I have had that pesky woman Counteer on the phone to me threatening she would write a strong worded letter to the parish council. I cannot have the vicar in tears again. She was ranting on about some caravans in one of your fields, are you sure they are not Major Nearly Posh Name  (not bad for a grammar school boy) and his camping club? Perhaps not map reading wasn't his strongest skill.

Now do you want some help in getting rid of them so I can get rid of the pesky woman Counteer. I can send Mr Shoutalot, yes he got thrown out the Army following the Bitton affair. Damn good gardener and he is actually quiet. Anyhow I can send him around to ask them to leave, one bark of his voice and they would be off. I would ask Constable what ever his name is but he doesn't like going out as that pesky woman Counteer keeps saying he is wearing the wrong uniform.

As a side note haven't we corresponded before? Name sounds familiar.

Yours

Colonel La De Da hyphen Poshname (Retired)

Chair Kings Moreton and Little Dithering Parish Council

• Like 7

Dear Mr Peters

We have noticed that you have allowed some travelers to pitch up in your field near the railway. We have had a report about your new guests from the Keep Pencrane Railway Open Society regarding the mess they left before heading northwards to blight our village.

As Chairman of The Kings Moreton green belt preservation association I would recommend you ask your guests to leave, taking their mess with them as soon as possible.  If not we will be forced to take action and write a strongly worded letter to the parish council.

Yours

Rivette Counteer (Miss)

Punk Music Festival first Clive.

Dear Mr Peters

I have had that pesky woman Counteer on the phone to me threatening she would write a strong worded letter to the parish council. I cannot have the vicar in tears again. She was ranting on about some caravans in one of your fields, are you sure they are not Major Nearly Posh Name  (not bad for a grammar school boy) and his camping club? Perhaps not map reading wasn't his strongest skill.

Now do you want some help in getting rid of them so I can get rid of the pesky woman Counteer. I can send Mr Shoutalot, yes he got thrown out the Army following the Bitton affair. Damn good gardener and he is actually quiet. Anyhow I can send him around to ask them to leave, one bark of his voice and they would be off. I would ask Constable what ever his name is but he doesn't like going out as that pesky woman Counteer keeps saying he is wearing the wrong uniform.

As a side note haven't we corresponded before? Name sounds familiar.

Yours

See post above.

So back to Kings Moreton the Railway, and this evenings running session did NOT go as planned.

Trevor and Ashley arrived, but no Stock to run due to it all being boxed up ready for a major House move. So I ran my Railfeight Stock for an hour and then we got Penybont Sidings out for a nice shunting session on there.

So here are some more pics from my own running session earlier.

Western still sitting in the Yard.

post-9335-0-95350200-1511817134_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-56682000-1511817337_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-03828000-1511817417_thumb.jpg

Brush Type 4 heads past at speed.

post-9335-0-48557600-1511817585_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48089800-1511817666_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45143300-1511817228_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65307900-1511817508_thumb.jpg

More later

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Punk Music Festival first Clive.

A PUNK festival. Good God man!!!!!! That will have that pesky woman Counteer after me. I am now holed up with Constable "what ever his name is" in his hiding place.

PS Every time Sgt Mr Shoutalot reports from his sentry post that there is no sign of the pesky Counteer woman the vicar starts sobbing and we have now run out of tissues. You couldn't be a sport a bring some for him next time you pass.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Brian, My problem is that I want it set in the Countyside / Rural Oxfordshire, so that's my problem.

OK then Quorn rather than Loughborough - similarities exist!

Edited by PeterBB

Thanks Peter, yes yet another idea, but I guess I'm just not sure about the Station Buildings on the Bridge. The ones that I have certainly wouldn't work, so maybe a total re think is required.

Edited by Andrew P

Regarding the station buildings I feel it one of those tasks that you park for a while, get on with something else, and come back to later with fresh ideas.

Done this many a time with Little Muddle and it's amazing how you get fixed into one idea and can't shake the original concept but a fresh day brings fresh ideas...

• Like 1

Regarding the station buildings I feel it one of those tasks that you park for a while, get on with something else, and come back to later with fresh ideas.

Done this many a time with Little Muddle and it's amazing how you get fixed into one idea and can't shake the original concept but a fresh day brings fresh ideas...

Thanks Kevin, that's what I've done by moving the current buildings, I will have to see how I feel in a week or so once I'm used to it in that position.

Cheers,

Andy, you are not alone. I've been fiddling about with the placement of the station buildings at Hintock Redux for several weeks now.

And, as Kevin remarks it helps to get on with other things and come back afresh.

But, finally I think i'm there. Photos in due course.

• Like 2