Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

That looks an impressive layout!

Hi Andy

It is and like Mr P I have had the privilege to operate it. Tony does regular updates on the Wright Writes thread.

Tony's layout is in a shed that backs on to the main line at Little Bytham, sadly there is no station there anymore but the Willoughby Arms down road is still there and does a lovely lunch.

• Like 3

Hi Andy

It is and like Mr P I have had the privilege to operate it. Tony does regular updates on the Wright Writes thread.

Tony's layout is in a shed that backs on to the main line at Little Bytham, sadly there is no station there anymore but the Willoughby Arms down road is still there and does a lovely lunch.

Yes Clive, the last time we went to the Willoughby, but last night we went to a very posh Chinese Restaurant.

The Layout has so many key features that are not quickly spotted at first glance, and that, I think is what makes it unique.

• Like 4

Morning all, and now back on Topic with KR.

A few tweeks last night and another nice running session mainly with the 9F and 20 x 16T Minerals and a Brake Van. If I use the longest Storage Yard loop I will get up to 26 and about 24 Empties in the opposite direction so that's just enough for a couple of decent length Trains.

The Passenger Loops will hold either 6 or 7 Mk1's with a Loco so again, not to bad, and as Passenger workings will not be a Priority I'm O.K. with that.

I have a few more tweeks to do this week and then once done, and I'm happy with the results then I'll post some more pictures.

• Like 5

Cheers Guys, more pics soon , I promise.

What min radius are you using?

Its a very impressive use of the space :)

Hi Dan, I wanted to stick to a minimum 3ft Radius on the visible sections, and I have maintained this through the Station, but the Door section that was 3ft has now changed to 3rd / almost 20'' and 4th / almost 23'' Radius due to alignment angles across the Board Joint, (the tweeks last night) and that has given me a better flow past the Depot.

Although tighter, rather than the curve running behind the Yard Sidings by the Door, and being visible, the 2 Main Lines will now be in a Cutting to help hide their severity. but actually looks better for it, as it will give more greenery and Landscaping potential, as well as less visible Track from the operating position.

It's also enabled me to move the Crossover from the Up Line into the Yard onto the Lift out Door Section, which has meant that the Down Loop is now about 2ft longer.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Cheers Guys, more pics soon , I promise.

Hi Dan, I wanted to stick to a minimum 3ft Radius on the visible sections, and I have maintained this through the Station, but the Door section that was 3ft has now changed to 3rd / almost 20'' and 4th / almost 23'' Radius due to alignment angles across the Board Joint, (the tweeks last night) and that has given me a better flow past the Depot.

Although tighter, rather than the curve running behind the Yard Sidings by the Door, and being visible, the 2 Main Lines will now be in a Cutting to help hide their severity. but actually looks better for it, as it will give more greenery and Landscaping potential, as well as less visible Track from the operating position.

It's also enabled me to move the Crossover from the Up Line into the Yard onto the Lift out Door Section, which has meant that the Down Loop is now about 2ft longer.

Thanks for the reply, I am struggling to work out it curves and easement flexs on anyrail :)

Have you had any running issues with the steam locos?

Good idea on the cuttings :)

Thanks for the reply, I am struggling to work out it curves and easement flexs on anyrail :)

Have you had any running issues with the steam locos?

Good idea on the cuttings :)

Hi Dan, I've opted for 3rd and 4th Radius Set Track for the new curve to ensure no issues with the Track Gauge.

Hello Bud, Glad you had a great day at Tonys 'Little Bytham' but did you get any inspiration or new ideas?...

Thanks Mate, I certainly did get some ideas and inspiration.

We discussed many ideas and also I learn't a lot about Freight Train Formations, and had some surprises at some Stock that I can use on KR.

• Like 1

That looks an impressive layout!

Hi Andy, It really is impressive, and seeing an A2 or A4 etc. flying through at a true Scale Speed with about 13 Hand Built Coaches up behind, and NOT ONE derailment all day, unless it was Operator error.

• Like 2

Looking forward to more pics, mate.

Al.

You are such a tease keeping us in suspense like this.

Allowances should be made for your birthday . . . I guess. 

More coming soon Guys.

Here are 2 pics showing the changes I've made to the door end.

Firstly as it was, look at the far end.

post-9335-0-10513600-1493579872_thumb.jpg

And now, it's further to the corner, and will be hidden in a cutting.

post-9335-0-39164800-1493580124_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

You can't beat a roundy roundy for just sitting and watching the trains roll by ! 

Looking good , Andy, the mojo is working overtime I see !  I'm looking forward to the scenics beginning !  Mine is all packed up at the mo as we need the room for visitors, and we hope to be moving house shortly after TT too. Got a few things to be going on with to keep the mojo simmering, but, can't get at them at the minute !

Still...... plenty of work in the garden to be done in the meantime !  :scared:  :scared:

• Like 1

You can't beat a roundy roundy for just sitting and watching the trains roll by ! 

Looking good , Andy, the mojo is working overtime I see !  I'm looking forward to the scenics beginning !  Mine is all packed up at the mo as we need the room for visitors, and we hope to be moving house shortly after TT too. Got a few things to be going on with to keep the mojo simmering, but, can't get at them at the minute !

Still...... plenty of work in the garden to be done in the meantime !  :scared:  :scared:

Cheers Andi, I just hope  I don't spend to long sitting watching Trains run around and forget to lay the rest of the Track and do some Scenic's, hahah. :no:  :no:

Cheers Andi, I just hope  I don't spend to long sitting watching Trains run around and forget to lay the rest of the Track and do some Scenic's, hahah. :no:  :no:

Ha Ha ! Yep, that happens to me all too often, especially since I discovered dcc sound  !  :locomotive:  :locomotive:

• Like 1

Morning Gang, Well just look at the Weather, it's Raining hard here, so I can't get me Shorts on and go Sun Bathing, and so I might as well go into the Old Potting Shed.

Some Tweeking to do to the Depot Entrance, and connect the Loop between the Depot and the Running Lines. I have 2 Loops on the Down Line, one is a Goods holding Loop and the other feeds the Engineers Sidings and entrance Track.