Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Things have been a little stale on KM over the last few weeks, that was until I got out the Blues and Railfreight Stock again that I remember from the late 80's.

So I've temporally replaced the Old Goods Yard with a Stabling Point, and will try that for a while and see if it works and gells. Probably that's also why the KM Station area has never been developed as it should have been.

attachicon.gifStabling Point 001.JPG

attachicon.gifStabling Point 002.JPG

attachicon.gifStabling Point 003.JPG

Could the goods area be made to be removed?

You could have the shed for steam and rationalise for later eras?

Is the yard really big enough to warrant a stabiling/fuel point?

Wouldn’t the yard be the station car park/a builders merchant by the 80s?

Just my thoughts, sure you will make it work whatever you decide, and it will look brilliant as ever.

Could the goods area be made to be removed?

You could have the shed for steam and rationalise for later eras?

Is the yard really big enough to warrant a stabiling/fuel point?

Wouldn’t the yard be the station car park/a builders merchant by the 80s?

Just my thoughts, sure you will make it work whatever you decide, and it will look brilliant as ever.

Your probably right on all counts, but I'll just give it a try and see if it works, I might put a Single Road Servicing Shed there like the one at Didcot.

post-9335-0-75186400-1514580259.jpg

• Like 3

With a bit of thought you could probably have interchangable buildings etc to give you a stabling point or a goods yard if you wanted.

To me, 20s and 40s don't sound all the different, though I've only really heard a 40 on tickover.

Cheers, I have the 40 in the last Video running at a fair lick of Speed, have a listen and see what you think.

I have a mate who may want the 20 Chip and he has a Pannier Chip, so we might do a swap, and then with a larger Speaker I can fit it into my O Gauge Pannier and save some pennies.

Morning Buddy,   You were talking to me yesterday  :telephone: about moving on most of the green era diesels and steam locos on KM, de-chipping them and getting the redundant chips re-blown to sound up your O gauge venture ?  that makes a lot of sense to me, then you will have left most of the locos you remember when we used to spot in the late 80s - 90s which was Blue, Blue LL, RES and Railfreigh TTG, so l would have thought the goods shed would have been well gone by then, l would remove the station altogether in favour of a Railfreight yard, it is something to think about mate as l know you have never really been happy with the station area anyway, as l say mate just an idea....

HAPPY NEW YEAR ....

• Like 1

Morning Buddy,   You were talking to me yesterday  :telephone: about moving on most of the green era diesels and steam locos on KM, de-chipping them and getting the redundant chips re-blown to sound up your O gauge venture ?  that makes a lot of sense to me, then you will have left most of the locos you remember when we used to spot in the late 80s - 90s which was Blue, Blue LL, RES and Railfreigh TTG, so l would have thought the goods shed would have been well gone by then, l would remove the station altogether in favour of a Railfreight yard, it is something to think about mate as l know you have never really been happy with the station area anyway, as l say mate just an idea....

HAPPY NEW YEAR ....

Morning George, and Cheers mate, I will be keeping the Steam Locos and a couple of Green Diesels with Sound, the ones that would go, if I decide to go down that route, would be some of the Green Diesels without Sound.

I was thinking when we were talking of getting the spare Cl 20 Re Blown, (I have 3 Sound 20's), but since then a mate who has a Pannier Chip and is interested in swapping it for the 20, If we do the swap I would just need to get a bigger Speaker to fit it into the O Gauge Pannier.

The Plan is to do a small West Shed type Layout at some point to run the Steam Sound Locos on, as I have about 12 Sound Steam and Green Diesels that I would keep for that.

There's not enough room to change the Station into a Yard, and anyway it's on to tight a curve to work well. But I have looked at the possibility of ballasting the New portion of the Fiddle Yard, as a proper Yard as I find I'm doing a lot of work with the 08 Shunting Stock in and out of there, so that's another option for later on maybe.

Happy New Year to you and Cath Too.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Just secured a nice Bachmann Diesel Servicing Shed.

attachicon.gifBachmann Single Road Service Shed.jpg

Of course you did!

It never ceases to amaze how things just keep appearing in that shed of yours.

Tell me does this stuff come through the front door past the wife or does some guy sneak it over the back fence?

Edited by Bogie

It never ceases to amaze how things just keep appearing in that shed of yours.

Of course you did!

It never ceases to amaze how things just keep appearing in that shed of yours.

Tell me does this stuff come through the front door past the wife or does some guy sneak it over the back fence?

I have a Tunnel, hahaha, :sungum:

No, I have no problems with the Good Lady, I NEVER spend any Household Money or Holiday Money, so as far as she's concerned I can do what I want with my £10 a week pension. :O hhahah. :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Hi Andy

A very Happy New Year to you and your family...

Maybe I'm biased, but I think the layout really looks good with the blue (and occasional grey) diesels.

Great video and some very nice weathering..

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, and a Happy New Year to you and all Yours as well, and I have to agree. 

I found a superb Thread by Rivercider yesterday which has really inspired me to move forward in this direction.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/83609-western-region-1980s-freight-west-of-england-division-my-photos/page-1

• Like 1

I have 3 of these spare, 1 x Boxed and new and 2 x excellent but unboxed.

post-9335-0-82362000-1514763530_thumb.jpg

And 7 of these, Re Wheeled with finer Hornby Wheels, all with the larger Hornby Couplings, all boxed.

post-9335-0-53911700-1514763610.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Happy New Year to you too Andy - keep those green diesels coming in 2018.

Thanks Mike, And the same to you and your Family,

They may be Green but with a Blue Rinse, :O  hahha :no:  :no:

There will certainly be something happening in 2018, that's for sure :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Ain't we been here before, sold the steam then rebrought it all again and again.

Happy new year and enjoy yourself.

Ahhh yes but the difference is, this time I ain't sellin owte my little Lincolnshire Punk friend.  :sarcastichand:  :blind:

I HAVE A PLAN. :O  :scared:  :scared:

I will be Building another small West Shed style Layout towards the end of 2018, or maybe even before, I have the board, well 4.5ft of it, and it will store under Penybont Sidings, which stores under the Kings Moreton Fiddle Yard, so well and truly sorted mate. :beee:

• Like 1