If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Britain's Model Trains 2017

dibber25

• RMweb Premium

Just picked my copy up.  Why are the Hornby ex LSWR 58' rebuild coaches still shown as a pre-production model when the production version has been in the shops for some time, all be it sold out quickly.

Just picked my copy up.  Why are the Hornby ex LSWR 58' rebuild coaches still shown as a pre-production model when the production version has been in the shops for some time, all be it sold out quickly.

I expect it's because that's the only picture we've got. Never had any review samples. (CJL)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Always useful and worth the cover price, but this year there do seem to be more cases where the text has not been updated to at least acknowledge the model has been produced rather than still awaited. In one case, can't recall which for now, it even says something like model still to be produced and then goes on to review it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The Peckett on the front cover is missing its top lamp bracket, which jars with me. It is not completely revised as it states on the cover, many photos and much text is merely reused year after year. There are many inconsistencies throughout. A lot of stuff that's been out for quite a while isn't reviewed, so it isn't comprehensive. Quite disappointed.

The Peckett on the front cover is missing its top lamp bracket, which jars with me. It is not completely revised as it states on the cover, many photos and much text is merely reused year after year. There are many inconsistencies throughout. A lot of stuff that's been out for quite a while isn't reviewed, so it isn't comprehensive. Quite disappointed.

There's no point in revising entries which don't need revising. We really don't need to make work for ourselves! If there are entries which you feel need revising and we haven't done so, it would be good if you let us know which ones they are. BMT is a huge undertaking, both to revise and to proof-read, and it would be great if readers who spot errors would let us know the specifics, rather than just a blanket condemnation on a public forum. (CJL)

Archived