Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, KNP said:

We managed to get a couple of shots of the 'hybrid' SR luggage/brake van passing, you know the special with the recessed doors!!!

5161.jpg.9c9034b0119cdf2d56e5e1476a02a5ae.jpg

5162.jpg.1ae3ba96c2e799692a7d647fad863d55.jpg

One day if I find a cheap kit with just the doors and brass fret I might redo this but but for now it will be a rarely seen back ground model.

To be honest, to my non SR eyes it looks OK, just makes me laugh how I mis-read the instructions, not once but 8 times????

You could always remove the doors on the "non-operational" side, replace them with plain plastic and no-one will know... 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2023 at 06:45, KNP said:

The old Squadron Leader has sent in some pictures of the PW train when it recently went by

5164.jpg.282b67eafc8f74e0834d3487fa077c9c.jpg

5165.jpg.c536c8640860b40c7c8905eaf4e0d7f2.jpg

Where did the transfers for the ballast wagons come from? I've got about 2/5th or that train built but plenty of work still to do. I gave up on the ballast wagons as the chassis were so shonky but must get back on them. Then do the ShiresScenes brass Permanent Way brake van.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

Yes, weathered timber is often more grey than brown. Striking the right balance is the tricky bit and I agree, it looks good. 

Talking of weathered wood and @KNP work on some laser cut sleepers can be found in the skills week articles by WOR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

16 minutes ago, KNP said:

Just a loco chugging along the track

all the way from there to here

just a loco chugging along

when will it arrive?

now that is the question......

5170.jpg.5f404e9fb299c55f57ca96a3588989a3.jpg

Lovely weathered model and photo Kevin

I thought the real question was 

"To be or not to be" -  that is the question 😄.

O.K I'll shut up now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I like model boats. But I am thinking a Bristol Channel pilot cutter would be more appropriate. Years ago I had the opportunity to look inside a Thames barge and was amazed at the size of the keel. The owner dropped a tin of varnish down in the bilge’s, so he thought the only thing to do varnish everywhere 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

That looks to be a big challenge - that will be worth following in your hands. Do I see a piece of red Lego in the set of parts?

Bollards.....!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 5

7 hours ago, KNP said:

I have been getting my head around the Thames Barge kit that I got for Christmas

Laid all the parts out to check all where present and see how it all goes together……don’t want a repeat of the last model!!!!

Here are all the bits

9B50E28A-9A3C-40AD-99A6-D03FD773C183.jpeg.fe4c7865bcfb5d0f46b21c5529df34e0.jpeg

Hull is resin and warped a bit so I been bending it back into shape using very hot water.

Sails are paper which I will be replacing with brown Egyptian cotton and then they will be modelled furled.

All small parts 3D printed, not a piece of white metal to be seen!!!!

A lot of trimming and filing will be needed by the look of it.

Starting place the hull and I expect a battle…

I assume you would like me to post the progress of the build??

Just to warn you it will not be a rush job as I know I will end up doing other things and coming back to it.

Of course!

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, KNP said:

I have been getting my head around the Thames Barge kit that I got for Christmas

Laid all the parts out to check all where present and see how it all goes together……don’t want a repeat of the last model!!!!

Here are all the bits

9B50E28A-9A3C-40AD-99A6-D03FD773C183.jpeg.fe4c7865bcfb5d0f46b21c5529df34e0.jpeg

Hull is resin and warped a bit so I been bending it back into shape using very hot water.

Sails are paper which I will be replacing with brown Egyptian cotton and then they will be modelled furled.

All small parts 3D printed, not a piece of white metal to be seen!!!!

A lot of trimming and filing will be needed by the look of it.

Starting place the hull and I expect a battle…

I assume you would like me to post the progress of the build??

Just to warn you it will not be a rush job as I know I will end up doing other things and coming back to it.

Perhaps you could have one of Chris's casts offs. He was contemplating putting them on e-bay.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1