Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, KNP said:

Then back to my normal trick of cropping to end up with this that I posted a few days ago on another RMWeb thread.

Nice tree.;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Nice tree.;)

Large Sagebrush version with sea moss sprigs covered in flock.

Brought about 60 armatures for about $30 some 6 years ago before the popularity took off along with the price!!!!!

I have four left so had a search about for some more to find for my $30 I would now be lucky to get 5 medium sized ones.......

Parked the idea at the moment

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Work is progressing on the engine shed and its broken door.

Back story.

One windy, very windy day the doors had been left open and a particularly strong gust swept in over the potato field.

It slammed shut the left hand door but caught the right hand door and bent it back against the shed wall and twisting it off the hinges.

The top hinge stone was pulled out completely with a bit of brickwork but the middle stone was only moved and dislodged in the brickwork.

The door fell onto the track bending the top two hinges.

When the wind died down the door was moved and lent against the back wall of the shed, it fact you can see the distorted hinge in this picture.

Luckily no one was injured and we are waiting for the Modelu workmen to arrive to repair and re-fix the door, they might be awhile as some of them are on back order, which is a local term for delayed!

3072.jpg.9aa14deea7a0f14068bc0105338f6f21.jpg

More updates will follow.

(as I think of them!) 

And the TRUE story is?....................................:o

• Funny 4

17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

And the TRUE story is?....................................:o

I suspect it is something to do with a certain someone (no names, no pack drill!) attempting an even more outlandish camera angle than usual resulting in something (ideas please?) dropping onto the propped open shed door and knocking it off its hinges??

Alternative (and probably better) scenarios please?

Its raining again here in south Bedfordshire.

At this rate come the weekend I won't be able to find the Model Room for all the extra garden vegetation growth, so will have to deal with that while it is fine, by which time it will be raining some more. Doh!!

Never mind, just keep smiling

Paul

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

50 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Aha! Is the old door going to be taken away and repaired, or a new one delivered?

If you start a story then you have to be prepared to continue it ad. inf. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If it's a new one then could that large crate on the lorry (at the Dairy) have any connection?

1. The reason everyone is still conversing is they weren't expecting it there - wrong delivery address?...

2. If it is a new door then it's been delivered in kit form.... :unknw_mini:

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, SteveTheSteam said:

If it's a new one then could that large crate on the lorry (at the Dairy) have any connection?

1. The reason everyone is still conversing is they weren't expecting it there - wrong delivery address?...

2. If it is a new door then it's been delivered in kit form.... :unknw_mini:

If other deliveries are anything to go by, it will never get unloaded :D

Adrian

• Agree 5
  • Funny 2

13 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Aha! Is the old door going to be taken away and repaired, or a new one delivered?

If you start a story then you have to be prepared to continue it ad. inf. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Whatever the story, I do see that it has been a mite windy at Little Muddle.  Earlier, the recalcitrant door was to be found on it's side, now it's on end.  Discuss.

Edited by aardvark
Perhaps the door on it's end *is* the replacement.
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, aardvark said:

Whatever the story, I do see that it has been a mite windy at Little Muddle.  Earlier, the recalcitrant door was to be found on it's side, now it's on end.  Discuss.

Before entering into any discourse on the merits of a door standing upright or on its side the answer is quite simple.

Depends on when I took the picture!

Now this is the real question you should be asking.

When is a door not a door.......

When its ajar.

I thank you

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1