Little Muddle

KNP

28 minutes ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

Good thing the shed didn't have any doors on it ........ ^_^

If it did, they'd have been knocked off by a train anyway and judging by the progress at repairing the engine shed door....

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

21 hours ago, KNP said:

I did think it was hiding from MrWolf’s dive bombers as they had mistaken it for a bus!

To be safe - I think you need to repaint it Kevin in a nice camouflage pattern.  I think the British army have a new pattern for their Challenger tanks. Looks very complex, but no doubt would confuse any passing Stuka.  I think if you go this route I would not bother with weathering the end result.   

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Aah, a topfeedectomy - not many of these operations carried out in the NHS crisis.

Agree

It had to done privately by a local surgeon of doubtful qualifications!

Before the Panniers went under the knife he had to be paid first and was seen reading the instructions before he started!!!

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

5 minutes ago, checkrail said:

Very nice work indeed Kevin!  An intended 2021 project for me too.  Once I've finished several coaches and sundry other jobs, that is.  (My mother used to call me the Prince of Procrastination.)

Thanks, something I wanted to do for a while but couldn’t find a cheap one to work on until now.

Oil and grease paint arrived that you told me about....tried some, very effective.
Ordered on line from a London based company (or so it said) only to find it came from the Czech Republic....!!!

Luckily  it arrived before Brexit!!

Look forward to seeing how you get on.

Found the relevant Pannier Papers very useful as the photos are very good and show details that answered a lot of questions..recommend.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

And there was me thinking it was the surprise discovery of gold in the latest coal shipment...

Very nice. Always amazes me how much the fairly straightforward (in the scheme of things!) replacement of things like handrails and lamp irons from moulded on versions makes!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, KNP said:

In a nearby engine works there has been a secret project underway.....

The exact content has been known to only a select few....

For weeks this has been underway, delays have occurred due to lack of supplies and the festive season but rumours had been heard...

A little whisper here, a quiet chat there but the only known thing that was found out and that was one word

pup?

No one knew what this meant, then it became clear it was an abbreviation

P.U.P.  (I have added the full stops for dramatic effect so if you hear any music playing - that's why)

Today I can reveal what this meant

Pannier Update Program

A press conference was called so with sharpened pencil and a new notepad I set off to this gathering.

I can reveal what I found out.

It appears the Panniers have been updated by the removal and addition of items that where causing concern.....

So we start with

Sandbox rods added, lid to sandbox moved to be located over the sandbox, moulded on rear lamp irons replaced with new, grab handrail above step.

IMG_2728.jpg.9dad98634c7c59e49fd610a111363384.jpg

Same as 8752 but with all moulded on handrails replaced and hooks added to bunker

IMG_2729.jpg.c25f29cbce280357ee88b1eedf0e5420.jpg

And now the surprise package

A new loco to LM but from the original Replica Railways stable

Same works as previous two but with considerable more work done.

IMG_2731.jpg.f3dee33e4b5689d8c7501071082a5a70.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg.a628fdb5f187c93ddd8843f6305aa2d0.jpg

Has anyone one spotted what the main works item was on this loco?

Will this picture help?

IMG_2733.jpg.458573d357030433b273517938dc22d3.jpg

At present I don't have a spare chip so I have removed the motor so it doesn't sit on the tracks humming!!!

It will be converted to DCC, this one looks quite simple but at the moment it can wait.

Number on its way from Scotland, told in the post but not arrived yet but won't fit until loco painted anyway.

Just to prove I now have three Panniers

IMG_2734.jpg.d00875981a70a322c38894c340fe88c2.jpg

Does this help identifying the works to 7768, something I've wanted to do for a while, never know I might move the other two back into the workshops.....?

All loco's are now in the paint shop.

Ohh... the answer

Top feed removed and all associated pipework....did you guess.....thought so....!

They look great Kevin, very satisfying project.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Ponthir28 said:

What’s instructions?

The opinions of someone with influence? Or, if you fancy a paraphrased quote from someone more famous than I (allegedly a mate of the Squadron Leader referred to earlier), a printed version of something for fools to obey and wise men to be guided by. 

:jester:

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Splendid job on the Panniers, it's incredible what can be done even with models approaching 40 years old. I have a fair stash of Panniers, all of which will need modifying and upgrading. Years ago I used to get the bits from Mainly Trains, but one reason I haven't done anything with my locos is I wouldn't have a clue where to find detail parts anymore.

Edited by MrWolf
Grelling and Spammar
  • Friendly/supportive 5

7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

The thing that you are forced to read AFTER you've ####ed the job up....

Feel free to correct my aging memory but recollections from my "O" Level woodwork were that the teacher's (Mr "Robbie" Robinson) preferred glue was Cascamite from a tin which sported these helpful words on the lid "when all else fails, read the instructions".

I can also remember his ancient hot glue pot kept steaming and ready for action.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BWsTrains said:

Feel free to correct my aging memory but recollections from my "O" Level woodwork were that the teacher's (Mr "Robbie" Robinson) preferred glue was Cascamite from a tin which sported these helpful words on the lid "when all else fails, read the instructions".

I can also remember his ancient hot glue pot kept steaming and ready for action.

Cascamite, now that was and still is a very strong wood glue.

One of my dad's go to items when working with wood and it was one of those glues that if you tried to pull the joint apart you would end up ripping the wood but leaving the joint still glued.

I think you can still get it.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Splendid job on the Panniers, it's incredible what can be done even with models approaching 40 years old. I have a fair stash of Panniers, all of which will need modifying and upgrading. Years ago I used to get the bits from Mainly Trains, but one reason I haven't done anything with my locos is I wouldn't have a clue where to find detail parts anymore.

Mainly Trains parts are available from Wizard Models as is a load of other detailing parts.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, KNP said:

Now you can spend ages setting up a picture.

Staging the props to your liking.

Getting the lighting correct.

Check the composure of the picture

but

why do you miss obvious????

3326.jpg.a396d3489492fa5785354f17f38e5e47.jpg

Which one?

- That there must have been a SPAD or the signal was put back in the face of the driver ?

or

- That the tail-lamp is about to fall off ?

Good picture otherwise.

Regards

Chris H

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Metropolitan H said:

Which one?

- That there must have been a SPAD or the signal was put back in the face of the driver ?

or

- That the tail-lamp is about to fall off ?

Good picture otherwise.

Regards

Chris H

Gent sat on the bench with his feet not touching the platform....

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

25 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Gent sat on the bench with his feet not touching the platform....

He's an accurate representation of a Little Muddle resident who was known to suffer from a particularly violent form of flatulence. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 7