Little Muddle

KNP

7 hours ago, KNP said:

All the odds and ends for 7768 now added and the crewless loco waits in the bay platform for..........no idea as it is just sitting there at the moment.

I have to say that I have not used Dart Casting brass loco tools before but was very impressed with the end result, so much so that I have just ordered 4 more sets and will start to replace the rather oversized white metal ones I've used in the past.

Pep pipe added and it appears to have leaked down the side as well!

So I now have a top feedless Pannier which turned out easier to do than I first envisaged, so long as you took it steady and carefully that is, I might even convert my other two so they are correct for this era.

3366.jpg.12849e32aeba7d9495d16dbc5e1b97c7.jpg

That looks really nice, the pep pipe looks spot on and I like the spare firing shovel in the hand-rail.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I love that last pic Kevin, with the bikes and the bin, its the small details that matter, and its almost as if the Loco being there, is in the way for the photographer.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, KNP said:

Next project arrived in today’s post.

A pigeon van......!

This was suggested by Gwrrob as a nice little job though he has informed me I will need to finish it in teak.!!

That should be interesting especially as I’ve never painted a finish like that before so....

Watch this space

83EDDB5C-8D72-45C9-92F8-2A997B3DD3A3.jpeg.231a6866f2c50b247b6496c433d933e0.jpegp

These posts from Mike Trice might be of use Kevin.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75178-reproducing-varnished-teak/

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/153339-reproducing-lner-varnished-teak-painting-and-graining-with-oil-paints/

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/02/2021 at 01:42, KNP said:

Next project arrived in today’s post.

A pigeon van......!

This was suggested by Gwrrob as a nice little job though he has informed me I will need to finish it in teak.!!

That should be interesting especially as I’ve never painted a finish like that before so....

Watch this space

83EDDB5C-8D72-45C9-92F8-2A997B3DD3A3.jpeg.231a6866f2c50b247b6496c433d933e0.jpegp

Finished in Teak? Those are going to be some bloody heavy pigeons .....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

That's your job.

I didn’t mean that literally!!!!

Anyway we are in lockdown and I’m not having you messing around on the layout in full PPE.

That would be a recipe for disaster!!!!!!

• Funny 2

24 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Stunning panoramic views Kevin, 3 great shots. Just clicked on each one to open them up, and even better.

Thanks

I was surprised how well that came out with only minimal distortion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Lovely panoramas-  perhaps you could stitch all three together for the ultimate Little Muddle Experience !,

Give us chance.

I’ve only just found this wide angle setting!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

I didn’t mean that literally!!!!

Anyway we are in lockdown and I’m not having you messing around on the layout in full PPE.

That would be a recipe for disaster!!!!!!

Probably snap off the other engine shed door, or possibly snap the engine shed off the door.. .

However it went, it wouldn't go well.

I was so impressed with the panoramas I have shown them to a couple of artist friends. They were stuck for superlatives, which makes a change. :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Lovely panoramas-  perhaps you could stitch all three together for the ultimate Little Muddle Experience !,

A very very quick play with an app on my IPad, hope @KNP doesn’t mind! Don’t look too close at the seams :D

9DBB6BC2-1510-4934-AF1C-FC8747BAA8AB.jpeg.5d9de901bd95eda11684700d72b93551.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4