The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

post-4474-0-12353300-1491210012_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality. I was experimenting at the time with a 3x converter on my zoom lens (not advisable without a tripod).

Scotsman and Mayflower double-head a railtour towards Sellafield on 8th May 1976.

Next? Steam loco at Mallaig in BR days (i.e. not a preserved example).

• Like 2

As he did not name the next picture afterwards, I thought he was waiting for someone else to post a picture as well.  As that did not happen a wildcard was declared.  I hope that solves any confusion.

Phil's next suggestion     a wide view inside Brighton station - please

As he did not name the next picture afterwards, I thought he was waiting for someone else to post a picture as well.  As that did not happen a wildcard was declared.  I hope that solves any confusion.

Phil's next suggestion     a wide view inside Brighton station - please

Yes, I did not name another subject in the hope that there might be another photo of Mallaig lurking in a collection somewhere; but also because I thought my choices were too hard.

Yes, I did not name another subject in the hope that there might be another photo of Mallaig lurking in a collection somewhere; but also because I thought my choices were too hard.

Choosing specific stations etc. can be hard and many would-be contributors tend to fall by the wayside.  Ideally a generic question brings quick response  --  even a specific area (e.g. Southern Region or Western Region) works well.

• RMweb Premium

On Hayling Island, still guarding the long demolished bridge. The line was closed in 1963.

post-29388-0-56827700-1491309046_thumb.jpg

Next - how about a London station.

• Like 4

There used to be a train/road vehicle ferry service operating across the strait between Helsingør (the Elsinore of Hamlet's castle - Kronberg in reality) in Denmark and Helsingborg in Sweden, until the rather magnificent Oresund bridge/tunnel road/rail link was opened in July 2000 (though a car ferry still operates).  Here is a picture of carriages being loaded onto the ferry at Helsingør - and another of SJ Z66 611 off-loading at Helsingborg - from September 1983.  

post-10122-0-51980600-1491338658_thumb.jpg

post-10122-0-14296300-1491338659_thumb.jpg

(My slide scanner is currently out of commission - I had intended to post a picture of DSB shunter MH 389 loading the carriages from the superstructure of the ferry).

The next picture will show a steam locomotive with more than ten driving wheels (preferably operational, pre-preservation).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At last I found this rather fuzzy photo by my Dad of the Wath banker. There's an earlier and a lot cleaner member of the U1 class at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/79579-lner-cl-u1-280-082-2395-faverdale-5-7-1925/

post-14351-0-11101700-1491346332_thumb.jpg

How far west can we find signs of GWML electrification?  

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2