The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

Here is one - but alas a pic on the 'net so I don't really count it as an entry - just for info.

Brabazon Crossing - also known more officially as 'BAC Crossing' at Filton had not long been refurbished when this picture would have been taken as it shows my track doubling scheme in course of installation and the widening of the taxiway element of the crossing which was done in order to allow it to handle Boeing 747s as Filton was hopefully getting a heavy maintenance/overhaul contract for the BA fleet.  In 'road' (in this case taxiway of course) terms it must be the widest level crossing on the UK rail network.

http://bristol-rail.co.uk/wiki/File:The_Bac_Crossing6.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully this will do...

Fishbourne signal box and level crossing, circa 1986 when I worked nearby in Chichester.

post-414-0-22092800-1490727680_thumb.jpg

...and the next photo will be from the Isle of Wight before electrification in 1967.

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully this will do...

Fishbourne signal box and level crossing, circa 1986 when I worked nearby in Chichester.

attachicon.gifFishbourne signal box and level crossing c1985 RMWeb.jpg

...and the next photo will be from the Isle of Wight before electrification in 1967.

This is from my gallery where there are other IOW shots - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/4116-isle-of-wight-in-the-1960s/

post-14351-0-44494200-1490731198_thumb.jpg

Next please a boat train

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

:offtopic:

Question for Northbrit (OP); was the intent that the 'poster' has taken the photo they are posting?

In my case that would cut down my options considerably, as most of my best material is from Dad's albums, although I have to own up to the horrible pink thing above. From what I have seen above, I think most people are putting up their own photos or, like me, ones for which they have the copyright. I don't see a lot of interest in lifting stuff off the net. It is a fun game to unearth interesting shots people have lurking in their files.

For me, there are already enough "other people's photos" lifted from other sites and the fun of this thread is being able to find photos that meet the criteria set - ideally the poster's own, but at the very least ones they hold copyright for.  I think we are seeing that the thread loses interest if the parameters are set too tightly for most potential contributors, or too general that there are countless possible responses.  To me the best topics are those that can be satisfied by almost everyone with a bit of lateral thinking.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In my case that would cut down my options considerably, as most of my best material is from Dad's albums, although I have to own up to the horrible pink thing above. From what I have seen above, I think most people are putting up their own photos or, like me, ones for which they have the copyright. I don't see a lot of interest in lifting stuff off the net. It is a fun game to unearth interesting shots people have lurking in their files.

Exactly so - hence my comment when posting the Brabazon Crossing photo.  I see nothing wrong with using your father's pictures as you own the copyright and regularly post them to RMweb anyway making their origin very clear (and thanks for doing so) .  But I do think that simply lifting pictures off the 'net spoils the fun and interest of the thread and therefore shouldn't be allowed.

And of course what then happens is that we are set some good challenges for our own photo collections and past activities.

• RMweb Gold

Next - A first Generation EMU

Jim

Depends on your definition of first generation, so hopefully this will do.

Southern Railway Waterloo and City line - under renovation at the LT Museum Depot, Acton.

post-414-0-27822400-1490784248.jpg

...and the next photo will be a BR Western Region diesel hydraulic, of any class, working on any region but the Western Region.

Edited by 4630
  • Like 3

:offtopic:

Question for Northbrit (OP); was the intent that the 'poster' has taken the photo they are posting?

As it is a lighthearted topic, I do not want to get 'bogged down' with technicalities.  On many of the requests I have thought we would never get a picture, but sure enough one appears (and glad to see).  What I do want is as many people participating.

The way it is running I am quite happy with.  The two big nos --  Catalogue/Book pictures (white background) from suppliers/manufactures etc and videos  are not allowed.

Keep on posting!

Edited by NorthBrit

D1023 at Crewe with the Western Memorial railtour - 29th January 1977.

post-4474-0-32682500-1490785939_thumb.jpg

(I have just noticed my max single file size has increased from 1mb to 32mb)

Next - an HST with the setting sun.

• Like 4

As it is a lighthearted topic, I do not want to get 'bogged down' with technicalities.  On many of the requests I have thought we would never get a picture, but sure enough one appears (and glad to see).  What I do want is as many people participating.

The way it is running I am quite happy with.  The two big nos --  Catalogue/Book pictures (white background) from suppliers/manufactures etc and videos  are not allowed.

Keep on posting!

It was indeed me linking to the video (in respect of movie filming) that caused me to ponder the question.

Rgds,

ps all my other posts are 'mine' :)