The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Next, an Anglo-Scottish sleeper (any era)

Aaarggh!

This s where I could post one if only I could find it!

I have a pic of ecs arriving at Wembley complete with the semaphore signal at the back of the depot, somewhere.........

• RMweb Gold

Caledonian Sleeper stock being serviced at Fort William, 30th August 2016

post-414-0-11300200-1491556940.jpg

...and the next photo will show some complex mainline switches and crossings, without a train in view.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not the 'usual' complex arrangement at Newcastle but at Carlisle.

post-7191-0-41529200-1491558037.jpg

Next. Something in pink

Edit. Mike beat me to it.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

We are on the archive trail again --  

And the next picture will show an ordinary service  passenger train hauled by a Stanier Princess Coronation ('Duchess') on the WCML pre-electrification.

I don't ask for anything that I haven't taken a photo of myself ;) 

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

I don'task for anything that I haven't taken a photo of myself ;) 

Correct!  I hope someone  has such a photograph in their collection.  Also such requests do not deter others from taking part. 

Edited by NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

No takers - right here you go there.  46235 in the gloomy interior of the 'old' Euston back in 1963.  And surely someone else was around taking pics of 'semis' back then?

post-6859-0-43848700-1491587674_thumb.jpg

So let's try again - a BR type 4 diesel in original condition and livery (preferable without a yellow panel but they are acceptable - just ) on a Class 1 train, any Region, any type of Type 4.  Pilot scheme designs would be a real prize!

• Like 2

No takers - right here you go there.  46235 in the gloomy interior of the 'old' Euston back in 1963.  And surely someone else was around taking pics of 'semis' back then?

attachicon.gif46235 Euston .jpg

So let's try again - a BR type 4 diesel in original condition and livery (preferable without a yellow panel but they are acceptable - just ) on a Class 1 train, any Region, any type of Type 4.  Pilot scheme designs would be a real prize!

Too young for that 'next' - Again! :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

A Class 31 with out SYWP taken on the "NNR"

attachicon.gifCLass 31.jpg

That is about as close I can get. (Woops that a type 2)

"NEXT"  Prototype locomotive being scraped.

Terry.

Do you mean a real life-sized loco, as opposed to a model, being scrapped or something like the Southern Leader class experimental loco, or the first in a class of locos - the prototype for that class?

• RMweb Premium

Do you mean a real life-sized loco, as opposed to a model, being scrapped or something like the Southern Leader class experimental loco, or the first in a class of locos - the prototype for that class?

Standered gauge prototype DE loco not steam please. 

Are we accepting Terry's Brush 2, even though it's not a type 4, or Phil's Warship?

In other words, am I looking for a loco being scrapped or for a narrow gauge train?

Decisions, decisions  .  .  .  .

Stationmaster as asked for a Type 4 and Terry posted a Brush 2 which as he as said is the incorrect answer.

Phil's Type 4 warship is correct.

The next photograph required is   a train on an English narrow gauge railway

Well this is a crop from a poor Instamatic shot of Warship "Ark Royal" (which was a sort of prototype in both senses) awaiting its fate at Woodham Bros, Barry in 1974.  When I re-visited with a rather better camera a few years later, I managed to miss photographing both the diesels that were still present - but scrapped shortly afterward.

post-10122-0-09053700-1491599713_thumb.jpg

(I was also going to include a picture of the Southend Pier Railway as representing English narrow gauge, but I'm still having problems scanning slides and my negatives are on 120 film, which is also a bit awkward) - and I think that has already appeared once in this thread.

I'm getting slightly bemused - is the aim to find a difficult subject almost nobody else has - or something that keeps the field wide for all comers?  I've generally tried to steer towards the latter, but this time I'm going to be a bit meaner: the next one will be a standard gauge steam locomotive (working, pre-preservation of course), with a wheel arrangement not found on the mainline railways of Britain...

I'm getting slightly bemused - is the aim to find a difficult subject almost nobody else has - or something that keeps the field wide for all comers?  I've generally tried to steer towards the latter, ..

The idea is to keep the field as wide as possible so that many of us can participate here in the U.K. and abroad. If the subjects required become difficult (as it appears to becoming) many will become disenchanted and not participate.

It is intended to be a light-hearted type of quiz. Let's keep it that way. Then we can all take part.

I hope EddieB will not be offended by me overruling him by saying

The next one is A WILDCARD that is in colour