Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Has anyone taken any photos of Chiltern trains on the Marylebone to Oxford service?

Not on that particular route :no: 

Probably some at the Marylebone end - but not enough time to check for specific Oxford services.

I think it must be wildcard time so here is something close, but no cigar......Chiltern Railways three-car 168/1 class diesel multiple unit 168109 waits to depart London Marylebone with the 1937hrs service to Birmingham Snow Hill on 19 April 2012.

post-4406-0-48925900-1498464123.jpg

Next.......a diesel hauled freight on Southern Region metals prior to privatisation

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

How far South ? ;)

Doesn't matter as 'Southern Region metals' was specified so that sets the where.  Problem of course could be that if you don't know what was Southern Region you could well be stuck and this is about the only map I can find although it's pre 1963 boundaries so it includes lines in the south west which never saw diesel operation while in Southern Region hands.  And if one wishes to be pedantic it would also have to be pre 1992 as that's the year the Southern Region ceased to exist but I see that  'Bingley Hall' could, very fairly, meet the remit he has set from his own pictures judging by his Flickr pages.

http://www.semgonline.com/sr_map/1962map.html 

Edited by The Stationmaster

47089 running through Eastleigh with a container train, June 1986.  Well before privatisation, but sectorisation was just starting to come into effect - indeed I think this was the first "Network South East Day", when you could buy rover tickets covering the whole NSE network.

post-10122-0-81970700-1498468899_thumb.jpg

Next - an "industrial" that uses main-line or full-sized locomotives and trains.

• Like 4

This loco was originally meant to replace steam on branch lines & later used for shunting

Here it is used to move Electric locos that are being constructed at the Comeng factory "industrial site" in Brisbane( the grey loco in the RH background is still in undercoat)

post-28417-0-88415300-1498473972_thumb.jpg

I am not sure that this fills the requirements, but if it does then Next will be more narrow gauge

If you don't think this meets the requirement then Next is still an "industrial" that uses main-line or full-sized locomotives and trains.

John

• Like 2

Perfectly happy with that - after all it is a main-line loco, and I think Comeng Works can be classed as "industrial".  (I was secretly hoping for something from the Southern Hemisphere - in contrast to the Southern Region earlier).  As if to prove its heritage, here's the same loco when it was still part of the Queensland Railways fleet - at Maine depot in 1987.  (Sorry it's only b&w).

post-10122-0-97006900-1498475694_thumb.jpg

I suppose this could also be construed as "more narrow gauge" - but do you want something more specific?

Otherwise, the next is an industrial line in open country...

• Like 3

EddieB said "I suppose this could also be construed as "more narrow gauge" - but do you want something more specific?"

I Say "Works for me."

I hardly expected to see the same loco taken 3 to 8 years earlier than my photo & if you're from the Essex in the UK, that photo must be a long way from home.

John

Doesn't matter as 'Southern Region metals' was specified so that sets the where.  Problem of course could be that if you don't know what was Southern Region you could well be stuck and this is about the only map I can find although it's pre 1963 boundaries so it includes lines in the south west which never saw diesel operation while in Southern Region hands.  And if one wishes to be pedantic it would also have to be pre 1992 as that's the year the Southern Region ceased to exist but I see that  'Bingley Hall' could, very fairly, meet the remit he has set from his own pictures judging by his Flickr pages.

http://www.semgonline.com/sr_map/1962map.html 

G,day Mike

Because Bingley Hall lives in South Australia, I was trying to be witty with the "How far South" remark. It appears it came out "not so witty" - sorry.

Many thanks for your having tried to educate Me, however.

It is appreciated.

Regards Ted

post-23233-0-94976400-1498482312.jpg

I will try and make amends with this photo, it is in open country, but not exactly industrial.

But I thought I'd show you gents this one anyway as I'm quite proud of it.

so I guess the last request still stands.

-an industrial line in open country.

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Between Mason City and Emery, Iowa, July 2005

Now something in BR blue please

Edit: I guess technically this is short-line rather than industrial but as we haven't had anything for N hours hope this is okpost-11293-0-52853800-1498820648_thumb.jpg

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 5

323 225 at Manchester Piccadilly in 2011.

post-10122-0-88014300-1498559009_thumb.jpg

Surprised that there was struggle to find an industrial in open country - I thought our Aussie contingent would have some interesting scenic shots!

Next - a station that moved.  I.e. one that was relocated when the track layout changed, or a terminus became a through station.  The important factor is that new station buildings were constructed on the new site.

• Like 1

Will this one do?

drum1.jpg

This is Drumgelloch Station, and for a while it was the terminus of the North Bank Elecrics.  The line through here has had a chequered history.  Originally double track through line to Edinburgh, the passenger service was withdrawn in 1956 and the line was reduced to single track from the 16th of December 1979, then the central part between Bathgate and the sidings for the Inverhouse distillery were the first to be closed and lifted on the 15th of February 1982. Finally when the distillery ceased rail borne freight in December 1985 the track lay disused beyond Airdrie, -  only to be brought back to operational standard as far as Drumgelloch as a single track passenger line in 1988. To bring it back to the future and meet the requirements of this thread, this station was then closed and re-sited, back to the site of the original Clarkston Station, as a through station and once again with double track when the A to B project was completed in 2010.

Edit - next another closed station that was re-opened

jim

Edited by luckymucklebackit
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Edit - next another closed station that was re-opened

jim

Birmingham Snow Hill last Thursday with 68009 recently arrived from Marylebone

post-6208-0-51144400-1498564070_thumb.jpg

Keith

Edit closed 1972 re-opened 1987, everything new apart from the track bed!

Forgot the next:

A Station that was closed, re-opened in modern times then closed again (not a temporary re-opened & closed station, please)

Or a station newly opened by BR but subsequently closed and not replaced.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

A Station that was closed, re-opened in modern times then closed again (not a temporary re-opened & closed station, please)

Or a station newly opened by BR but subsequently closed and not replaced.

Does King Cross Thameslink fit the bill?

Depends what you mean by "temporary".  North Woolwich was closed while the Jubilee Line extension was being built (1994-1996), reopened and closed again in 2006.  Here it is in 1975, before the station house and part of the trackbed was turned into a museum.

post-10122-0-23089600-1498598524_thumb.jpg

Or a station newly opened by BR but subsequently closed and not replaced

Failing that, here is just about all that remains of Acrow Halt, on the former GER branch line between Saffron Walden and Bartlow.  It was built to give access to workers at the Acrow factory, which made iron formworks for concrete constructions (as well as the eponymous "Acrow props").  It was opened by BR in 1957, with the Acrow company providing the concrete platform and shelter (and the first driver with champagne!).  The name "Acrow" was taken from the name of an accountant, a Mr A. Crow, intended to be at the top of any alphabetic listing of companies - which also meant that the station came second on the alphabetical Beeching hit list.

post-10122-0-51637800-1498598588_thumb.jpg

Hope one or other meets the criteria.  

If so the next will be a station that is named for, or includes "bridge" in its name - most foreign language equivalents are acceptable too, bro!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

next up somewhere with 'port' in the name

Port Chalmers Railway Station in Dunedin, New Zealand.

post-7482-0-71232000-1498617708.jpg

Next, a station with Court in the name

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Like 2

Dovercourt, on the Harwich branch ("Mayflower Line").  Class 379 converted to run on rechargeable batteries (although drawing current from the overhead line in this shot).

post-10122-0-70602700-1498629499_thumb.jpg

Next up - somewhere that includes "market" in its name.  (Agoraphobiacs look away now).

• Like 2