RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Maybe not quite 1948, but thereabouts. Here, 34053 Sir Keith Park waits with the Gresley set at Bewdley in October last year. This loco and coaches together are sometimes captioned as a troop train bound for Southampton Docks.

Wildcard time.

post-31351-0-65823000-1500986983_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking through Dad's and my photos, I have found it hard to find any sizeable clumps of shrubbery very close to the tracks. Dad has a number of shots of steam trains taken in the very last days of branches before closure and even then the tracks themselves were almost totally weed free.

I don't know about you but I can't see any greenery here!

Yes, this is Betton Grange at Warley last year. I just wish the lighting would be a bit better!

While we're here, can we have a photo of Brum International pre-2000 please?

post-31351-0-29068300-1500995308_thumb.jpeg

Eddie nearly got it right. It's definitely preserved at Bassendean  but he forgot a pair of driving wheels, I thought I had another picture of it, normally I try and get a picture of the Loco and then the plate if possible - here's a link if You are interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAGR_F_class

Thanks, Ted - a case of taking information from a single (enthusiast compiled) builder's list without cross-checking other references!

• RMweb Premium

Cancelled electrification of the GW main line is in the news, although it wouldn't have got to this station, so how about a picture taken west of here, and I'm not saying where this is!!

And next KernowTim?

Two HST's a 31 and a 108:

post-1525-0-20313500-1501096741.jpg

Can I have a gold star :yes: ?

Oh, and an HST in Inter-City Exec livery

No gold star for me then, stick with Phil's request.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

Not exactly sure where the station is, but...

6015949452_cfdd83c364_z.jpgHST by Claude_Dreyfus, on Flickr

You cannot get much further West than Penzance. Photo taken by my father c 1981.

As we have had a reference to electrification and HSTs, how about an HST 'under the wires' next?

Pedant mode on.......

I think the location of this photo is actually the east end of St Erth, as per this view from 2011

post-7081-0-76639800-1501102091_thumb.jpg

St Erth looking east 6/9/2011

Which is taken further east than the photo taken by KernowTim, which is also at St Erth but looking west, as per this view

post-7081-0-66225300-1501102218_thumb.jpg

St Erth looking west 6/9/2011

Pedant mode off.....

Carry on with the photos though!

cheers

• RMweb Premium

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. We travelled on this train from Penzance to St. Erth, so this makes sense (I was only about 3, so the memory is a bit sketchy...although I do remember how loud they were). I'll need to update my records.

• Like 1

GNER HST (and not under the wires)...

post-10122-0-90712600-1501107569_thumb.jpg

To bring us right up to date, how about a Great Western HST formation with a power car with one of the non-standard/advertising liveries next?

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif1W97029a.jpg

To bring us right up to date, how about a Great Western HST formation with a power car with one of the non-standard/advertising liveries next?

Just to be pedantic, it is under the wires. King's Cross Platform 1 was wired long before GNER appeared.

attachicon.gif1W97029a.jpg

Here's one promoting Bristol as the green European capital.

Next, a HST on a single track line please.

post-31351-0-11847000-1501137229_thumb.jpeg