The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

I don't, but if it comes down to nothing else can I find a picture from T' internet?

And for G, can it be the beginning letter of the second word?

got to be your own pic

more fun if we stick to the first word rule for the alphabet game

prometheus

DSCF3814.jpg

Q next

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

I don't, but if it comes down to nothing else can I find a picture from T' internet?

Can't happen Liam, the OP usually sets the rules with this sort of stuff at post 1 and no internet content was one of them (unless you own the picture copyright then I think it's ok).

It's a good rule because We get to look at photo's from ordinary private collections which wouldn't otherwise get seen. :dontknow:

I for one have really enjoyed taking a peek at what people have in their albums

It can never get to a stalemate because the 24hr wildcard rule :good:

Perhaps time for a recap -

The photograph MUST be owned by the poster

Stick the photo up, followed by "the next photo will have..." - whatever YOU want as long as it's real railway related

Specific Locomotive numbers are not allowed. Also Catalogue/book pictures (white background) from suppliers/manufactures etc and videos or from the internet are not allowed.

If you get stuck for inspiration you can offer a "wild card" and the next person to post any photo will continue the thread.

If more than one person answers at the same time whichever photo gets on the thread first is the one which you need to follow.

To keep the thread moving if nobody has replied with in 24hrs please consider it a wild card and post any photo with a new next photo request.

Remember  --  The idea is to keep the field as wide as possible so that many of us can participate here in the U.K. and abroad. If the subjects required become difficult many will become disenchanted and not participate.

It is intended to be a light-hearted type of quiz. Let's keep it that way. Then we can all take part.

I have posted this before elsewhere, 

post-7081-0-07248500-1501242423_thumb.jpg

67010 is named Unicorn at a staff open day at Barton Hill Depot 7/7/2001

And the next photo will include a named loco starting with a V

cheers 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Two possibilities  - Xancidae" or "XIII Commonwealth Games Scotland 1986" on HST power car No 43 088.

Unless anyone was around for Xanthus of the LCDR "Tiger" class or "Xerxes" of the GWR Caesar class! :jester: 

Or maybe something from outside the UK?

Keith

Unless anyone was around for Xanthus of the LCDR "Tiger" class or "Xerxes" of the GWR Caesar class! :jester:

Or maybe something from outside the UK?

Keith

I Can't even think of an X name in Oz (There's an X class Locomotive but that won't count) best I can come up with is a Y name. Still 23 hours left to find an X however :).

There seems to be also an "X-24 Expeditious" name on a 153 with East Mids Trains, named in 2014: 

https://twitter.com/emtrains/status/454290837497974785

I was just about to mention 153376, pictures from this month show it still carries the nameplate, and now I also know what the name remembers, thanks

cheers.

Sounds promising, someone over there in the Mother Country must have a photo :scratchhead:

Mmm, I'm afraid the inner cynic in me is thinking that as it is a modern single coach diesel railcar in a privatised livery, the chances of anyone on BRM having a photo must be slim to nothing.  It's not green or boils water.

Sadly wrong side of the country for me to nip out and get a pic, and as there is no "X" in the official Welsh alphabet I've got buckley's chance of getting a local unit with a name beginning with X!

Sadly wrong side of the country for me to nip out and get a pic, and as there is no "X" in the official Welsh alphabet I've got buckley's chance of getting a local unit with a name beginning with X!

See this topic is not only entertaining, it's educational.

My Mam was Welsh and although I heard a fair bit about Wales from Her, I never realised there was no X in the Alphabet. Although If I recall correctly there's a station name with just about every other letter in it ! :O

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Premium

I Can't even think of an X name in Oz (There's an X class Locomotive but that won't count) best I can come up with is a Y name. Still 23 hours left to find an X however :).

Maybe there is a loco in SA named "Xhosa"?

Yes, I know it's a Bantu language/people.

Keith