Bachmann MQoS

Revolution Mike B

• RMweb Gold

Ok, we all know that the paint job on the new MQoS 37 is shoddy around the windows but has anyone else noticed that they've produced the early loco and not the current one?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, and this was always their intention, but given the fact it's being used by DRS presently, why have they pumped it out with no multiple working socket? They already had the tooling from 37 402/405 so I'm at a loss as to why they've done the earlier version?

Personally, I'd have released it as current, complete with red springs etc etc.

Do manufacturers actually care anymore or is it just all about the money? 

Guest eddie reffin

Ok, we all know that the paint job on the new MQoS 37 is shoddy around the windows but has anyone else noticed that they've produced the early loco and not the current one?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid, and this was always their intention, but given the fact it's being used by DRS presently, why have they pumped it out with no multiple working socket? They already had the tooling from 37 402/405 so I'm at a loss as to why they've done the earlier version?

What about those of us who model 1980s Scotrail? The catalogue listed it as original condition so they have produced it accurately. I've got 4 (and a fifth coming) which are very easy to renumber.

Personally, I'm glad they did this and besides, it's much easier to add the other modern details than to retool the front end. It's called modelling by the way. A paint brush, transfers and a bit of plastic will update it after an evenings work.

I know the manufacturer does care in this case, I know some of those involved would read that comment sat at home this evening and feel a bit wounded by such a generalisation; they have chosen to produce it in original form rather than present day.

• RMweb Gold

Can we have a "being selfish" button?

Roy (who has a 1980s Scottish layout)

Hi All,

As someone who is rather obsessed with the DRS fleet especially those on the Cumbrian Coast workings 37401 in the early version chosen by Bachmann isn't a bad starting point to

Update to current form. I was going to try and get another Bonty Bermo version but adding in a cantrail stripe, new OHLE flashes will be easier on this. The black window edge can be touched up railmatch Matt black acrylic will work well for this. Easy enough to add red and yellow to bogies. Now ideally new nose ends are needed to replicate the LED tail lights and the multi socket. 37403 Isle of Mull was done from a Bonty body. This is the most accurate one to do as it has an original nose end just some extra lamp brackets higher up to complete. Bifs west highland 37/4 sound decoder is perfect for it to having seen the real loco at Barrow and Ravenglass.

Hope that's useful to some.

Thanks

Mark

(LL 37 401 M Q of Scots) was well discussed and frothed about in the previous thread that ended up being removed by the Mods, all these likes/dislikes, why was it not released as the current version, minor livery issues etc, do we really need another thread on this model....? it's time to move on...........

Archived