Roco MultiMaus with Lenz system

chaz

The Lokmaus2 is fine with the LZV100 and will never crash it. I have not seen any reported problems and often use three on the LZV100 at exhibitions without any problems at all.

The Multimaus will work fine with the LZV100 for programming, you only come unstuck when you try to drive trains - unless you are one of the lucky ones.

Try it and see what happens, it is worth a go.

Chaz,Having read this thread, it seems that you are the only person suffering these problems , all the other owners of thje MM+LZV100 combo seem to be happy with the set-up.Tim

....which gets me no further forward.

Having persevered with it as long as I felt I reasonably could, I accepted Roco's offer of a refund. I reverted to the use Lenz's LH100 handsets (which perform faultlessly - as they always have done). So I am not "suffering these problems" any longer. As for me being the only person, there was at one time a lot of forum chatter about these problems (just read back through this topic for a glimpse), so patently that wasn't the case. As I have already acknowledged, there are people who have had no problems with the combination and you are obviously one of those, but that doesn't help me one jot.

At the risk of becoming tedious let me repeat - I wanted the MM handset to work and tried to make it a success. Neither Roco or Lenz or the good people at MERG could tell me what to do to get the combination reliable. I did try all the suggestions that were made, including new cables, added resistors, wire links etc but as none of these "solutions" improved things I decided to cut my losses. What would you have done?

Chaz

It is possible that the problem lies with the Xbus address of the handset. I have had similar problems which have been resolved by changing this address so it does not conflict with another handset address. worth a a try?

Tim

The problems are well documented. I have the problem. The fault lies with the LZV100 that crashes and has to be reset, but we do not know why it crashes, just some of the conditions that tend to cause a crash. The problem can occur with just the Multimaus plugged straight into the LZV100 with no other XpressNet devices connected, so I think it is unlikely to be an addressing problem.

It is possible that the problem lies with the Xbus address of the handset. I have had similar problems which have been resolved by changing this address so it does not conflict with another handset address. worth a a try?

Yes, of course, and I did. Several times. To no avail I'm afraid.

Chaz

A German insider once told me that the MultiMaus is a made for Roco by Lenz so you would think the items would be 100% comaptable, I too am thinking of buying a MultiMaus as they are dam cheap on the univeral suction hous or haus, if you type .de not co.uk and now you can get a continental plug adapter for our 3 pins from home bargains for a quid!!

A German insider once told me that the MultiMaus is a made for Roco by Lenz so you would think the items would be 100% comaptable....

Yes indeed. In fact it was because I bought my MM on the promise that it was fully compatible that I was able to ask for, and get, a refund.

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

Not on my railway it wasn't (see above). I know that others haved used the Lenz/Roco MM combination without problems of any kind, as is obviously the case for you Tim, however I also know that I am not alone in experiencing system crashes. I never got to the bottom of why this happened - I tried all the suggestions but none of these made the situation better - some of them appeared to make it a darn sight worse. I will add that Lenz's own DECT phone adapter caused similar crashes - all Lenz had to say about this was that it is a "known problem". My reaction ("Well fix it then") didn't go down well at the time - a pity, as I liked the phone as a neat little cordless controller.

I liked the Roco handset and would have made it my first choice had it have worked reliably. What appealed was the knob-type speed control and a good set of function buttons (One of the reasons why I am now building a MERG DCC system for my exhibition layout, Dock Green).

Chaz

Hi

In my case I ended up purchasing one and once I had put the 22R resistor in series with the L wire (I used a LH90 cable and put the resister in the DIN plug) I haven't had any issues with crashes between the Multimaus and Lenz systems.

MM v1.02

Lenz v3.6

Cheers

Paul

• 2 months later...

All I can say is that on the club layout my Multimaus worked perfectly and that at home if I connect it to a LA152 connected by a DIN midi cable it works. The E-line setting is described on page 14 section 7.1 of the LZV100 manual (v3.6). However I can't confirm that this was the setting that had been changed on the club layout only the one I suspect it is. I'll try emailing our expert!

Tony

Hi

I've been sat on the fence for this subject but a Multimaus came up cheap so i thought i'd have ago!

i can report that it works fault free on my Lenz system v3.6

i switched the E-Line off (cv7=50 & cv7=91) & used the lead from from my LH90 handset.

hth

Neil

• 5 years later...

Hello guys, just found this topic as I was having trouble with my multimaus which was causing a stop when re- connected To my Lenz lzv100 system with 3 la152's around the layout. But only the first la152 wired direct from the lzv100's lmab to Baml on the la152.

Tried all kinds of combinations, but today went back to it after reading this post and changed the multimaus's black lead to a white Lenz one and everything is fine now.

Sam

Archived