2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Back to the double-sided bufferstop

does anyone have an idea what it would be used for?

To save placing two back to back?  

And before anyone dismisses that idea as the loony murmurings of a senior person I do know of a place where it was done - and on a passenger line where trains from one direction terminated on one side of the stop blocks and trains from the opposite direction terminated on the other side.  I have also seen it done occasionally in sidings.

And before anyone dismisses that idea as the loony murmurings of a senior person I do know of a place where it was done - and on a passenger line where trains from one direction terminated on one side of the stop blocks and trains from the opposite direction terminated on the other side.

Mike,

Would that be Penarth?

Regards,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

To save placing two back to back?  

And before anyone dismisses that idea as the loony murmurings of a senior person I do know of a place where it was done - and on a passenger line where trains from one direction terminated on one side of the stop blocks and trains from the opposite direction terminated on the other side.  I have also seen it done occasionally in sidings.

Ormskirk has two passenger services but has two stop blocks back to back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ormskirk_railway_station_2009_a.JPG

• Like 2

In the early 80`s just before Harrogate goods yard was torn up in 84` and turned in  to the now asda store. The two tracks that serviced the goods and the shell fuel depot further down had two lines. the line closer to Dragon road side had a brief double buffer installed so one side was a storage line for shell depot, and the other as headshunt for the goods yard. This line was torn up and now acts as a walk/cycle path from rear of asda dragon road car park to claro road passing under the A59 Harrogate to Skipton road. At the point of the old shell depot and iron crossing bridge as now gone.

edit: spelling doh

Edited by yorkie_pudd